Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2023/2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 crom1tii

Each exam has a pass mark, and every exam is scored.

Then there's the supervised exams, and the interviews.

All are scored, and when completed all we are arranged in order of merit ( oom )

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Gesse

there is to complete another application form if passed the 1stage before the Interview?

cause I did upload the draft version of my application form at the start of the Campaign, I dunno if this can be a reason of disqualification @crom1tii

Post edited by Gesse on

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Keevs23

By any chance does anyone know the pass mark for numerical?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 puntcuncher

Ahh OK thank you. I presume the supervised exams are the online assessments we've just done yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 19thhole

I see just under 5000 people applied for this campaign.

Supervised tests are done away with for the current campaign. All done through camera. Straight to interview if successful in stage one.

Application form had to filled out in full, from early April. Pretty sure that was the only way to sell yourself.

• Advertisement

the only things that I didn’t completed are like the name of the school, small things like that, don’t think is gonna be a issue

are only 5000 people applied for the 2023 campaign?!! Really!? @19thhole

A garda spokesperson said that An Garda Síochána is satisfied that just under 5,000 people applied to become members of An Garda Síochána in the 2023 recruitment campaign, in what is currently a full and very competitive workplace market.

The Journal published it yesterday.

Yeah i looked it up, they did away with the supervised part of the competition ... last time we did the exams that we have just done, and then stage 2 was a supervised exam in the public appointments offices in dublin to ensure we didnt cheat stage 1 ...

Yes, the form you fill out is called the "formb" and that is used for the vetting so you need to be spot on with the answers.

Sorry man, Where's this form B?

If results are expected to be back early June when should the first batch be hoping to enter Templemore?

• Advertisement

Who knows 🤞🏻@Keevs23

You get the form b to fill in once you've gotten to the interview stages as far as I remember.

Public appointments only run the recruitment to a certain point, when garda hrm take over you get it sent to you 👍🏻

Thanks so much, thought I missed something!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 killiandoody95

Hey Guys, I must be the only one who thought those exams were awful! I spent hours upon hours of studying, felt confident before I began then it all went tits up! I found the verbal reasoning extremely difficult despite getting high scores in mock tests and other verbal reasoning tests. I practiced numerical after numerical test and was getting a fairly decent score, until I sat that test. Nothing would work out for me, so it became a guessing game by way of common sense based off of the question. Really unsure of how I've done, I guess its a waiting game now.

I felt the same was the only year I actually studied and think I was over thinking in all exams and that made me panic. I was dreading the numerical part from the beginning and like that had practiced and still couldn’t get like 2 answers no matter what I done. Hopefully results are out maybe next week🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jcoyne22

@killiandoody95 I felt the same way. Studied hard for it but the verbal reasoning part was difficult and a lot more harder then the material I was doing. The Numerical Reasoning was ok wasn't to impressed hopefully done enough.

Same here , but let’s wait and see, no stress for now guys

good luck everybody 🍀

When people get results will use please put it up here when there out 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 15 killiandoody95

Hopefully we're worrying for nothing! I don't think there is much interest in joining AGS anymore so maybe us die hards might get our shot!

I don’t know man, less than 5k applied for the role which means that at least half of em is interested

I guess that everything depends on which is the score of the 1st person on the board

Personally I recon that I’ve made a few mistakes in the verbal and numerical test and everything depends on how many people did less and how many people did more mistakes @killiandoody95

• Advertisement

How many candidates would they bring forward for interview usually surely it has to be over the 2500 to 3000 mark?

I’ve heard there’s a intake in August? Do use really think we could be called that early?

Oh damn really? Where did you hear that?

It’s 225 candidates through the gates of templemore every 11 weeks for the foreseeable, definitely into early 2024 anyway.

Somebody who has deferred their place til now and said they heading to Templemore in next batch in August so I was just wondering anyone who has high results from this and flies through everything else will they get the same date?

Very interesting. How long can a person defer their place for?

Not sure I know with myself my employer needs at least one months notice 🤦‍♀️… I would say a lot of people defer time to time so they can save before heading into Templemore at lot of applicants would have mortgages/families/car loans etc and would need to have money put away for the training period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

This forum is for the 23/24 competition. Someone going in in August will be from last years competition. They should exhaust that competition before they start into this competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Liverpool !!

The waiting is definitely the worst part 🙄 atleast it’s the interviews if we pass .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

They won't necessarily exhaust the previous competition, there will be some people in the current competition who will see their vetting progress and outpace candidates from the previous competition depending on their individual circumstances and so on. There will be crossover in the intakes between the campaigns, there always is.

August does sound like a really tall order though considering interviews are scheduled for July. October is more likely for those that see vetting progress quickly.

Advertisement