Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2023/2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jack_ckelly

I am in the 1500s so I could be in your interview group. I haven’t done stage 2 yet but as long as you have knowledge of a Gaurds job you should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jack_ckelly

Anyone in the 1400s to 1900s know if there is a WhatsApp group going ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Keevs23

Hopefully everyone finds stage 2 grand! Anyone in around 800OOM? When do you think interviews will be for us ☺️?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Altezzagalway

is there a WhatsApp group for the first stage of interviews ? If not I would set one up.

Doesn’t seem to be any WhatsApp groups set up!

• Advertisement

If ye want to pm numbers and il set one up 👍🏼

Is this up to the first batch of interviews? Think I’m the second batch 🤦‍♀️

I will do one for everyone at least we can all share info on it then

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Anyone got a WhatsApp for this year’s campaign going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 jcoyne22

Did I read correctly or is it me overtaking. At the end of the written assessment the submitted page it said that you will be marked and assessed on it and told if your successful to next stage which would be interview. I thought this was in combination for the interview not to see if you are progressing through to them. Maybe I'm getting it completely wrong.

I honestly didn’t see that but I had thought the same myself that it wouldn’t be thrown in for the craic I thought it might be a way to shorten numbers again?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Vinny312

Hello I am 1200

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JoshC93

I haven't plucked up the courage to do it yet but wasn't it stated that you would be marked on this on the structure of it and you're grammar and spelling maybe that goes together with you're interview to score you

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ShaunaDev1234

Did anyone else finish the written part? I just finished mine there after procrastinating for ages. I had a few more words to write and the 30 minutes ran up 😭 but more than 350+ words anyways 🤞🏼

• Registered Users Posts: 14 19thhole

Felt my report writing went awful. My scenario was very vague and was an off duty one. Not much you can get 300 words plus on 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 2 megancrean

Did my written assessment on Sunday when it opened and I’ve been thinking about it since. I’m in the 300OOM and i’ve no clue how to prepare for this interview 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ShaunaDev1234

It's competency based Megan, so they will give you the competencies prior as far as I'm aware so you will need to give examples of where you've used them in previous jobs etc or in life examples.. hope this helps and best of luck 🤞🏼😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2 megancrean

You’re an absolute gem thank you it absolutely does help ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 8 crom1tii

Just finished the assessment, to be fair it wasn't that bad ...

Wish you all the best of luck 👍🏻

Fingers crossed they get us straight into the interviews!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 puntcuncher

Anybody know when we should expect to hear back after that written assessment?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 crom1tii

Anyone hear how many didnt verify ID and are no longer in campaign? Just heard its a significant amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JoshC93

My partners friend got word yesterday passed an interview from last month from last years applications and i was talking to her today and she said some people were after failing cause all the scenarios they were giving to questions were all work related and no examples from personal life like family, friends, volunteering work or from any sports or hobbies might be something for ye to keep in mind for the interview stage, best of luck to everyone

Damn, bit stupid to disregard an example because it happened in work. Examples of leadership, problem solving etc should be taken into account regardless of the setting. Sure with the cost of living crisis now, most people just go to work, go home, sleep and get ready for the next day. Where else are you to find a chance to display competency?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Liverpool !!

Are ye in the WhatsApp group lads ? It’s a good idea 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cloud7901

It’s completely stupid to base the competencies completely on your prior work , like come on some of us are too young to be expected to have already experienced everything already to be able to answer these competencies. Hopefully they take a different approach this year

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mrdeanj

How long did it take to hear back about Stage 2, I know you don't get the result. but the email to prepare for the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leheaven

Oh really that’s interesting. I had a few examples from diff areas of my life and they kept bringing it back to work. It centred mainly around dealing with conflict and difficult people.

I would recommend to have a diff example for each competency also though. Have an extra 1/2 prepared. They won’t let you rattle it off. They will interrupt you and ask questions. They will steer you off to a diff topic. It’s to mainly try to make sure you can meet the requirements and test you a bit under pressure. Also make sure you say ‘I’ and what action you took.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 winnq

Did anyone in batch 1 get a confirmation email when they submitted their documents? I never got one and I’m a bit worried that I should have. Thanks.

Advertisement