Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2023/2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cloud7901

Hopefully 😵‍💫

stage 2 is in July so I’d assume they’d be back to us with results by early June

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Altezzagalway

What kind of maths are to be expected. Ratios, percentages etc or is it different

• Registered Users Posts: 32 puntcuncher

Can anybody tell me what the proctoring process is like? Do they ask to see your room before starting? and are they watching throughout the whole exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 crackers_n_cheese

Curious about this also, are you required to share your screen? Is a dual monitor setup allowed?

at the very start they give you 2 minute window to ask you to show your passport ID on the camera , then you have to do a 360 degree view of your room / environment around you. Then you press the submit button and that recording is sent to them.

doesn’t end there tho , before and after each test your camera is turned on and takes a recording of you for about 15 seconds , you also have to press the submit recording button for that aswell. Basically it’s turned on as soon as you press the start exam and as soon as you finish so they are able to catch anyone in frame. Now I’m not entirely sure if the camera is on during the entirety of each exam , i don’t think it is because the LED light on my laptop beside the camera isn’t turned on during the middle of the exam which tells me it might not be recording

• Advertisement

I saw someone in last years thread say that the numerical section doesn't count towards your OOM. Surely this cant be the case? Did mine earlier and felt numeracy was my strongest section.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 leah01

That was the case last year with oom not considering the numerical, but not sure how they will do it this year as the structure of the stages are different now too

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Altezzagalway

Ya last year numerical didn't count towards OOM. But all three stages still had to be passed. So just a pass was needed for numerical. But as said structure has changed for this years recruitment so could be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Keevs23

How long did the numerical part take you?

About 25 mins I reckon. Was very similar in format to most psychometric aptitude tests.

• Advertisement

Was it mainly graphs for the numerical? The Career Services course said it would mainly be graphs this year. Terrified of opening it up, more nervous for this than I was the Leaving Cert

Anybody find it weird how last year you’d hear about the amount of people that signed up for the recruitment process like every day with record numbers and this year you’d barely hear about the numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 H_M

Ready to do this assessment, only snag I genuinely have a PC without a camera.

I presume there's no way to link up your phone camera ? Like you can do with zoom.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jcoyne22

I was thinking the same, last year's thread there was loads of comments and post about the recruitment but this time there's less.

I dont think there had been one for a couple of years before last year. Also this year's campaign coincided with a heavy amount of negative media coverage of AGS, as well as a poor "job worth doing" advertising strategy.

I wouldn't say so but you can get cheapo USB webcams for around €20 in DID and the likes.

Yeah definitely makes sense, they seemed desperate to recruit people this year tho , massive amounts of social media campaigns and constant advertisements on the radio

You can do all assessments on your phone 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Alana123

Do we have to do all of the 3 assessments in one sitting?

Post edited by Alana123 on

I dont think so, but it is advised because you only scan the room and desk once.

• Advertisement

Stupid question but does every answer in the numerical part have to be correct to pass or has anybody heard the pass rate? Unsure off two answers 🤦‍♀️

I done mine all at different times

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jcoyne22

When do ye reckon we will know how we did. If people with top points are called for interviews in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 crom1tii

Dont know about you all .... but I did not enjoy the numerical exam 😟

Feels good to get these exams done. But **** me an I nervous for the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

dreading the results already!! Stupidly thought that Sunday was the 15th and panicked and rushed the assessments!

best of luck to all! From a person who’s managed to get to stage 3 and fail both times by 2 points isn’t easy!

never give up

• Registered Users Posts: 8 crom1tii

I missed out by one point last time!!!!!

Same as that! Wondering does anyone have any idea when results should be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Gesse

Yes, early in June

• Advertisement

Sorry but could you explain the points to me?

Advertisement