Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching about Gender

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

It makes me laugh that you’ve deluded yourself into believing that you’re a spokesperson for everyone, along with your other delusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Handicaps? And you’re pretending to be the great defender of people with disabilities?

At least show some basic respect in the terminology you use. Words matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭briangriffin

The debate being had is the merit in teaching gender ideology to children and what exactly that should entail when the change in approach gender affirming care is an experimental one and is being abandoned in Finland the Netherlands and Sweden because of a lack of evidence of long term benefit. This model of care is the one that is advocated for by TENI and Belong to irelands 2 most prominent trans advisory groups. These groups have by their own acknowledgement been in consultation with the NCCA about what the new curriculum contains. So their approach which even the UK is begining to abandon is underpinning the new curriculum. As a parent and a teacher I'm saying that we should be very careful about what is thought about gender ideolgy to children when social media contagion peer contagion and the fact in previous long term studies up to 90% of children with gender dysphoria have desisted. This is called basic child safeguarding. If on the other hand a line used that trans people exist and we should treat them with respect is inserted into the curriculum I will have no problem with that but I highly doubt that will be the case given the ideological stance of the above mentioned charities. It's not transphobic despite what some posters are claiming and accusing me of to have concerns about the above and as I have pointed out those with skin in the game ie parents are the ones who will be most affected by this as will their children.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭am_zarathustra

There is an entire discussion about karyotyping earlier in this thread and a bunch of studies saying otherwise, again linked earlier in the study. Gender and biological sex are a lot messier than people like but that's the reality. The hysteria around this is baffling.

Another thing worth noting is I've seen the effect of people transitioning late in life, the confusion for their kids, partners, families, it would certainly have been easier had they been allowed to explore this earlier and saved a lot of people a lot of pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭sonar44

Are you not familiar with use of analogies in language or is this just a variant of the usual ‘no debate’ sideshow, wheeled out when things get a little too real for the fantasists?

Also, I am not here as a ‘great defender’ of anyone including myself. This is a topical discussion, not a crusade. Feel free to prove me wrong or point out flaws in my logic. Language policing will be ignored.

Post edited by sonar44 on

It's just a discussion. Something more important is bound to come along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭delusiondestroyer

That's all horse **** every last bit of it.

Show me one credible UNBIASED scientist that believes there is multiple genders and that people are born as the wrong gender show me evidence to back this.

It's very simple and it's absolute fact there are two genders and they are never mistaken.

People then decided they want to be a woman but it's in no ways natural or biological it is literally a social construct and a conscious decision.

What a load of utter tripe to say otherwise.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ok that's enough.

I have better things to do than follow up reports on this. PLENTY other threads on boards saying the same thing.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement