Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions Cup 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭crisco10

So Danty gets a 5 week ban...by my calculations that's him out of the stormers match but back for a QF.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,995 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

He gets to attend Owen Farrells "tackle school" so the last game is available.

He'll play against stormers.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Unless his replacement nails down the spot. 2-3 games to show you're better than a completely underwhelming Danty who's collecting cards like pokémon shinies is a great opportunity.

have you seen LARs results lately without their test players?

LAR have been playing Favre at 12 when Danty is missing.

his record for this season, starting at 12, is Played 9 lost 6.

Danty has to do nothing to get back into the squad

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You are blaming one player for these results?

Where is their weakness without the test players? Is it at the ruck, the scrum, tackling, finishing off drives?

• Advertisement

Concentration and commitment, if you're to believe ROG.

of course im not blaming one player for those results.

im blaming those results on the reserve players not being as good as the first teamers... this isnt rocket science. and just for your info, Favre is a basically a winger being asked to play 12 !

Danty will stroll back onto the LAR first team

I remember him against Exeter in the semi-final last year and he played well.

I know he has played wing in the past but he looked good in that game last year at centre.

In your post you pointed out that he had played in six loses out of nine games. You never said anything about the rest of the squad. I was very surprised at your post. I was thinking afterwards that you might have been hacked.

Anyway just because they are a lot worse without their top players doesn't mean they are all bad.

Anyway just because they are a lot worse without their top players doesn't mean they are all bad.

?? not the reason i posted and not what i said, so it looks like youre having an argument with yourself.

i was essentially responding to pickarooneys post where he suggest dantys replacement had 2-3 games to nail down the 12 shirt.

so obviously in my post i was going to refer to the actual player who is playing in dantys position while he is with the national squad.

so again i can say with great confidence that when Danty is available for the stormers game, he will start at 12 ahead of favre. This is in no way a controversial statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

LAR have always had an issue with depth. They've a very strong 20 or so players but there's a big drop off after that. They've had a very good run of fitness in recent years and managed their resources excellently to ensure they're all available for the business end of the season. But they've left themselves with more work to do this season than they have previously.

Their main problem this year though has been their attack. Despite absentees, their second/third string front five is still fairly monstrous. They've deliberately signed as many huge people as possible with even their third string props being over 130kg. At the weekend, they were comfortably winning the scrum battle and the pack generally did its job. All 15 of their points were from fairly straightforward penalties won through their forward performance.

But they've struggled to get anything going in attack through their backline which is largely unaffected by call ups. Danty is the only guy missing really now. Dulin, TKB, Seuteni and Hastoy are all available and Rhule/Leyds have returned from injury. Against Perpignan, 5 of the 7 backs started last season's European final.

Only Montpellier have scored fewer points in the T14 this season. I think their backs have only scored 12 tries in the T14 all season (16 games played). For comparison, Toulouse have scored 9 tries through their backs in the last 2 games. Things will need to click in a big way for them soon in their backline.

• Advertisement

The statement you made was

'his record for this season, starting at 12, is Played 9 lost 6.

Danty has to do nothing to get back into the squad'

How on earth can you stand over that as not sounding like you are blaming Favre for those losses?

And all I've said is that Favre looked decent in the semi-final last year. I'm saying he's not a bad player. I have no doubt that Danty will start once he returns unless Favre suddenly sprouts wings or something.

of course im not blaming one player for those results.

in case you missed it the first time.

ive no idea why your back is up and youre arguing on this meaningless point. You dont get my point, and that is fine.

Youre trying to argue something i havent said, so ill leave it there.

That line wasn't in the first post I quoted.

And in that post you say

'not the reason i posted and not what i said, so it looks like youre having an argument with yourself.'

But it was what you said.

Just admit you made a mistake, and I'm sure it was unintentional.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Final confirmed for 2.45 the Saturday

challenge at 8pm

https://www.epcrugby.com/european-professional-club-rugby/finals

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Thats the earliest I’ve ever seen it - think it’s almost always been 4:45pm. Wonder why they’ve gone for that early a time. It’s the date of the FA Cup final, but the kick off time for that is not yet set and there’s no guarantee it wouldn’t clash.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Huh. that's a bit crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

i would presume they've been told FA CUP is 5.30

• Registered Users Posts: 23,715 ✭✭✭✭phog

The 14.45 kick off might suit people doing a day trip.

i guess.

its only 2 hours earlier than last year.

i was going to give out about it, but if theres a gathering in the city centre afterwards it could be good craic

• Registered Users Posts: 16,982 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Daniel Levy up to his old tricks.

Premium ticket for the Heino: 115

Premium ticket for the Challenge Cup: 65

Weekend ticket (both games): 575

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Daniel Levy has nothing to do with the ticket prices. EPCR will be renting the stadium at set price and they decide the ticket prices.

Is the FA cup still a thing?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It won’t have been decided yet, 3pm was its traditional kick off time and although it’s been typically played later in recent years, there was a 3pm KO last year, insisted on by the police, when it was a Manchester derby. That’s still a possible outcome this year - both Manchester teams are still in contention - however I suspect however the likelihood of it being an earlier kick off has probably receded by the quarter final draw that will see one of Man Utd or Liverpool gone before the final.

It would be a pity for both to clash, and yes there are plenty of people who follow both sports - “Heineken Star Saturday” wasn’t a thing for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

2 big cup finals on the same day in North London. Surely they will KO at different times?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Sure they are still nowhere near each other. London wouldn't even notice.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

For some reason, I read that as "Dan Leavy" and wondered what was going on...

The guy from Schitt's Creek?

No the former Irish international who had to retire because of injury.

Levy is the chairman of Tottenham Hotspur.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Champions Cup Final will take place at 2.45pm on Saturday 25 May.

• Advertisement

Best get working on my excuses for missing my cousin's wedding so.

Advertisement