Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2023 (Nationwide)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ludusv

I know her its for co nationwide but what oom is co dublin at the moment? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 41 eyeheartcapybara

I’ve just been assigned and I’m in the low 800s

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Johnny BGood

I was in the mid 600's, got sent another clearance form to fill out yesterday. Employer took a week to send reference to PAS so that's probably the delay. I'd say I'll be assigned soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rachaelworld

Hey there, do you mean you were in the mid 600s for Dublin? When you say you got sent another clearance form to fill out, what sort was it please? And if they asked for your references already, how long after passing Garda Clearance was that please?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Johnny BGood

Yes 600’s in Dublin. It was like a small additional security form. Haven’t heard of anyone else getting it so bit confused.

The references were pretty much straight away after the Garda clearance. I’d probably give whoever you’re in contact with in PAS an email for an update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Got confirmation on the 13th of Feb that I'd passed the round 2 for the Civil Service and the Clearance team will reach out, but obviously there's no time frame on it. I was half tempted by the Garda section but not sure I'd really get along in it.

Now to play the damn waiting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LindyA

Hi,

Did you get any answers about Mayo?

I passed the interview and was placed 27 in the order of merit. 

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Just got an email to update my preference for locations, any idea what this means, has anyone else got this recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 sswathi

oh..thanks a lot. my next interview with another neighbouring county council is in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dells35

Please let me know how you get on in interview ,if you thought was difficult , what questions please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 kildare2024

Has anyone been for the recent interviews for Kildare county council and know what oom they are on

I had only the first set of interviews for Offaly CC. They told me there is another one if I clear this. I think it wasn’t very bad but it was for ASO, so there were COs who are more experienced and better than me.

Questions were both based on competencies and general questions regarding the structure of the county council.

Business plan of my previous company

How much is the budget (which I didn’t know)

How I handled conflict

How my colleagues and manager would describe me

Delivery of results : eg in prev job

Communication: eg in prev job

Personal effectiveness : eg in prev job

What is the best skill that I have

How I managed pressure

Structure of the council

How do they get the money from

What do the councillors do

Revenue of the council (as in the booklet)

Why did you choose the public sector

What qualities do you need in the public sector

I was extremely nervous. So I am not that happy. There were 3 interview boards each with 2 people – one chair and one member.

Thanks so much! Did you apply directly to the county council? Or was that an open competition for public jobs from last year? As I just applied to offaly County council but the closing date was only last week.

Also I think we always think we did worse than we actually did. Best of luck 😀 annoying that you will have to do a second interview

Do you keep an eye on https://localgovernmentjobs.ie/ along with public jobs. I keep an alert there. This one was when they called last November, I think. Don't remember where I saw it 😐️. They had called COs for Westmeath as well , during that time. Last month Westmeath invited applications for ASOs.

Thank you so much, keeping my fingers crossed. will let you know if I cleared or not. This was my very first interview with a local government agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭TheDavester

I've got the email for for expression of interest in going for the interview stage of this contest, have a query if anyone can help. I am a C/O, I applied for this in April of last year, looking for a change and since July i moved on mobility elsewhere (my application now is out of date without this move on it)

I am not really happy where i moved to, mainly its out of my way where i live (dont drive etc), a hassle basically.. if i was successful in the interview, could i ask them could i go back to where i was or to at least take the area where i currently work out of my list of prefered areas, like i dont want to be offered another role in the place i am now...

Also im on point 7, does that carry over (and my pension) if i got the move or do i start on point 1

Cleared the first interview. They even sent me a mark list on competency interviews. Now waiting to attend the second interview.

Do you were waiting about 4 months for interview? Well done on passing! I've also never done an interview for this type of job. Do you know how long you will be waiting for the next interview or what will be involved in the next interview? Did you do better than you thought when you got your marking results?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LindyA

Hi

I had my interview on February 16 and have already been assigned to the OPW Visitor Services Department.

Does anyone know what it's like to work in a public works office? 

And how long do I have to decide to accept the offer. 

If I refuse, will I be removed from the panel?

Many thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I'm starting a CO post on Monday with DSP but they've given me no indication of dress code. Anytime I've interacted with the DSP as a "client" they're all pretty casually dressed, but I don't want to show up in jeans and a jumper if I'm supposed to be in slacks or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Dress code differs in different departments and different divisions. Best bet is to go in for your first day in slacks and a decent jumper or shirt and you can always dress more casually after that if allowed. I'd suggest it's far better to overdress than underdress on your first day.

I'm an EO in my department and I'd say I dress "up" slightly more than some of my coworkers, but it's a mixed bag in terms of casual Vs smart

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Thanks. I figured being over dressed was probably better than being under dressed on day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 s123c

Hi, I have passed interview for limerick and OOM remains the same. Just wondering how many people have been assigned for limerick just so I have an idea how many people are ahead. Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 22 rachel867

Hi I’ve been given clearance for the department of agriculture and marine can anyone tell me about this is it possible to get wfh? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭slick_rick88

Hi all,

So I applied for the County Council (herd 200 people applied, which seemed quite low so thought good chance maybe) in Kerry last September, did the three tests, got results and got next round for interview..(herd the first batch of 30 people that 17 people accepted and 13 refused) then I was told a few weeks ago that I had a interview (done it Tuesday just gone)..I was so nervous and done my homework on what to learn off etc but still found it nerve wrecking infront of 2 people..answered somethings well but other things poorly..at end after the interview was finished, was told by them it could take a week, two weeks or even three weeks till i hear back how I got on..I picked up the glass of water on table and my hand was shaking badly,one of interviewer looking at me..I was like I should not have picked it up! Anyway walked out then and I was thinking all day after and Wednesday that I did so poorly! Then I received yesterday evening around 17.28pm just before I finished my current job..I was nervous opening it and placed 17th on the panel! Don't know if I'm excited or nervous or both!

Hey, I'm after applying for the County council only in Feb gone by,what were the 3 tests you had to do. And what was the difference between the first interview and 2nd interview? Did they ask much different questions in the 2nd interview? Would love to get it.well done on getting placed on the panel!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭slick_rick88

Hi,

How's it going?

I'll message you privately as I don't want spam up this form 🤣.

Thanks for the well done wishes! I was told it could be a month and half to two months from now before I'd start! They are crying out for people down here in Kerry in the Kerry County Council supposedly..

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭babaracus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 rachel867

Advertisement