Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2023 (Nationwide)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭I am me123

So glad I found this thread!

Currently on the panel for the Clerical Officer 2022 competition, having passed the interview on March 24th last.

Going to apply for this campaign also.

I have a question - Currently working as a HSE Clerical Officer as an agency temp. My temp contact here is due to provisionally end on the 28th of this month.

On my application for this campaign in the experience section, should I state this employment dates as e.g. Jan. 2023 to present ( correct as is at the time of applying)?

Advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Will there be an equivalent eo panel? Didn't realise co was annual

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭crinkley

I would put to present it’s not a lie and you don’t know where you may be come interview you can fill in any gaps then if asked

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Kurokishi

Definitely "To present". For all you know the contract could be extended!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭apkmbarry

Current EO panel expires June 2024, so won't imagine there'll be much activity for another 12 months or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Beckett99

My place has never been reached on the CO panel in my home county and while working as a TCO I've been told to apply to bigger counties with a higher turnover despite them being much further away.

How do people pick their location choices? Home county and next county? Anyone consider a lengthy commute with a better chance of getting placed?

I suppose it really depends on your circumstances. Are you driving or relying on public transport, what departments are in nearby counties. You can see from the 2022 thread the counties that take a lot of staff by people staring what their oom was. You can take another county and apply straight away for a transfer but you have to serve two years first

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mutt Love

Does anyone know if you are already a permanent clerical officer in a dept can you still apply for this?

My partner has been trying to get out of his dept for a while. He's on the transfer lists but nowhere close to being placed yet

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Kirbi

They can - you can always apply for open competition if you meet the requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Remote working is your key into this. If you can manage to travel to the office for 1/2 days per week. Then see what counties may be in your reach then.

Get out a Google maps and locate the main offices and in what town etc. You'd be surprised what could be an hour from your door step.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Beckett99

Thanks for this, I didn't factor in the possibility of remote work 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kas2010

Can you carry service years from HSE over to civil service? Also, is agency work in public service counted when being made permanent within civil service?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mutt Love

Hi Kirby, thanks so much for the info!

Would you know if he can carry over his service if he starts as a CO through the open comp? He's currently on point 3 of the CO scale at the moment.

Post edited by Mutt Love on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

This is my 1st year applying for this. With the self assessment tests. Are they similar to the real tests as in, there will be a section on verbal, numerical, checking and categorising.

thanks, M

@Mutt Love

Yes, it should count towards increments etc. However, depending on how the hire goes through, it may not be automatic - it may be a good idea to check this with the hiring HR to make sure they take the previous service into account from the off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sneddles20

Does anyone know when it opens for Dublin?

You’ve missed it unfortunately it was a few months ago hopefully another one next year

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sneddles20

Thanks , got EO in 2021 but want something more local

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭2021_AP

OH offered interview off last panel a few weeks ago but has thrown in application for this too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭I am me123

Same here! Passed the interview last month, and applied for this campaign too. 😊

• Advertisement

Did anyone apply for the NSSO CO?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Stace432

I see the courts service are advertising for clerical officers in a few select locations. Does this not come under the civil service?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭CW2022

@ Kirbi do you know who we ask this question to? Would it have to be the specific job HR? Thanks

Yes, the HR in the new organisation.

Sometimes areas like revenue and courts run their own comps so they can ensure the people they employ have a specific skill set they would like as opposed to taking a chance on the generalist panels

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

My I ask what does the interview entail? Just finishing up a course and wondering if I'm suitable for this role? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭64869923

Would someone please post the competition booklet. I forgot to download it when I made my application.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭CW2022

i didn’t download it either 😤

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭sean3318

Advertisement