Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2023 (Nationwide)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Fi72

Hi, I passed interview in June , still waiting to get email to proceed with clearance..for Co Longford. Every time I phoned , I ve been told in the next 2 weeks and still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 iamwork

Hi I have been given courts services, I didnt get any location or start date yet does anyone have any information about the court? Flexi time? WFH? What is the role? Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Moomooland

That’s awful carry on out of them 😞😞

@aaron5250

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Twoelles

I think most of us have, It all depends on your oom and how much movement there is in you desired area

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Herriott

Hi, does anyone know what civil service departments are in Mahon, Cork, please? The only one I know of is the CSO. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Johnny BGood

Hi lads, probably a silly question, but do you send the clearance form, Garda vetting and ID documents back to the clearance mailbox which sent me out the details initially?

Also, after this is done, what are the next steps? References or something else? Applying in Dublin

Yes, reply to the email they sent you. You will then get sent a link for the official Garda vetting, complete that as soon as you can because it can take a while to come back. Then it will be references and then job offer

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭aaron5250

Could you share the contact phone number please.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pip1414

Just looking for some advice - I got assigned back in December and given a start for the beginning of February. They still haven't issued a contract because they say they're waiting on confirmation of my line manager, but have assigned me a division. I'm starting to get really worried as from next Friday, I might be unemployed! I emailed today asking for an update and expressing my anxiety over the situation, but no reply so I really don't know what to do?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 august2023

They have reached 230 in the order of merit for Limerick for an interview and have reached 19 in the order of merit for Clare for interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 august2023

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

Any update on Mayo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ygramul76

Hi all,

does anybody remembers when the latest clerical officer competitions were advertised for Dublin City and South Dublin County?

EDIT: TLDR 4 or 5 and make a matrix of competencies vs example to identify weak spots, also you need to have many examples in case of questions that seem to refer to the same example you already used.

LONGFORM:

4 or 5 examples will do, I prepared cards with the STARR example on one side (the second R is for "and this demonstrates that I have this and this and this skill") and the competencies' sub-headings linked to the example on the other side. I am visual so I also colour coded them to get a quick cue of which competencies i was stronger or weaker in, and it worked.

At a course the tutor advised us to prepare a spreadsheet matrix with examples on the y axis and the competencies on the x axis, and to tick all the boxes where an example was relevant for a competency. That way you know which competency you need to add examples to, and which examples are stronger because the prove more competencies in one go.

Either method works, because the give you the same insight into the quality of your examples and help you to pick which ones to use first and which ones to leave in case you get a question and you realise that you already used the example that fit it. Believe me, it happens all the time.

Also remember, interview boards are humans too, they sometimes ask dumb questions, insist too much on something, or ask questions in a dumb way that's difficult to understand. Don't be afraid to ask for clarification, it will just make you look smart and in control.

Sorry for the long post, I received a lot of training and had very good results, so since I'm here I may as well spread the love.

I know it suck... A panel will be kept active for a year, in certain LAs even two years. Usually CO panels get used up in months in many LAs, but it can take years if there is not much going on in the LA recruitment-wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6   DanialDonegal

Has anyone applied for the Donegal region or work in this region? there seems to movement as they calling people for interviews. What kind of questions do they ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Nel2907

Daniel is this for the TCO that was adverstised a while back?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tlcfitz

Any update on Westmeath or Roscommon?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 rachel867

I have an interview this week for Kildare placed in the 70s just wondering how likely I am to be given a position as I see some people have been waiting months since passing the interview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 LindyA

Hello,

Hello

Did you do the interview? How did it go?

Can you tell me about your experience and what you were asked?

My interview is next week.

Thank you

It's a panel so there is a wait. Previous panels have gotten into the 200s. I believe this current panel is active for 2 years so, yes you have a strong chance of getting offered a position but there will be a wait.

Oh that’s great I didn’t realize it was open for two years thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tlcfitz

I emailed PAS a few weeks ago and they told me panel only valid end of June 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Johnny BGood

Anyone know when your reference gets sent back to them, are you assigned quickly after this? Finishing up in my current role at the end of the month, so I'm thinking it'll be a close call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 taxingtimes22

Hi does anyone know what number they have reached on the panel in Cork for assignment? Thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Noni_B

Hi all,

PAS have been in touch with me to say I have been selected for my chosen area, in Co.Kildare but haven't told me which department. They got details of my current employer for reference etc. Anyone in the same boat, how long does this process take? I'm dying to know what department!

Hi, I’m no good to answer your question but you might be able to help me I just passed my interview for Kildare can you tell me how far they’ve called for clearance thank you and best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Noni_B

@Rachel867 I'm not sure I was no 65 on order of merit, I did my interview in Nov/early Dec, and I got an email from PAS 2 wks ago to say they were considering me for a position in Newbridge! They take there time with it! Best of luck with it.

• Advertisement

@Noni_B thanks for letting me know I’m in the 70s was afraid they would have been nowhere near that number! Fingers crossed for sometime soon 🤞 it is a very slow process

Advertisement