Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2023 (Nationwide)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 VolkIreland

Mine was less than a week before I got my assignment to Revenue. Then got an email this Monday to accept/Decline the position. Supposed to start within 4 weeks of accepting the position.

I imagine its different for everyone depending on where they are in the country and how many departments there are in that county.

My one seem to take a bit longer than usual. 🤷‍♀️

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cmur77

Thanks a mill! I actually received assignment details today so it was 10 days from garda clearance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Trevorfromtheshoppingcentre

Those who have interviews. How many STAR examples for each competency did you prepare?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 smurph23

Hi all, I have an interview next week if anyone has any tips. Never done an interview for this before. Thanks 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Twoelles

Is it OK to emails PAS to see how many people are in front of you for clearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 frances5420

Just wondering if anyone has recently been offer position with Garda area from this panel. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Adventurerguy

I’ve been offered an assignment as CO in revenue does anyone know anything about working in revenue? Is it a good place to work? Is it all office based or is it wfh? Is there flexitime? Trying to decide to take it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 42 eyeheartcapybara

yes, they’re usually pretty fast replying too

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pb4

Hi, delighted to say i got my location & start date. Wondering how long it takes for contract to come through? Need to hand in my notice to my current employer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 rachel867

Hi just got an email for expression of interest in an interview how long after the date is it before I’d be likely to be called for interview

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Plenty of info on previous pages on this.

You are based in office FT for training, this could be 6-12 months.

WFH then and can be as little as 1 day in the office. This all depends on departments needs and it varies.

So many different areas in Revenue - PAYE can be very difficult starting off, again this is due to volume of contacts etc as it is one the largest divsions. Other areas may be easier to jump into.

Have you taken the position?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Fi72

Hi, is anyone here waiting to get clearance for Co Longford😊

Revenue offered me a starting date on the 18th or any Monday before. Said I could start on the 4th, but they turned around and still said it was too soon.🤣

Here still waiting for an actual start date now. Could be next Monday or the 18th. Who knows. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pip1414

Currently in clearance and it's taking so long! Thought everything was going to be order when they got the reference from my previous employer and would ask to contact my current employer this week, but have turned around today and asked to contact two of my other previous employers and get a character reference from when I volunteered somewhere two years ago. Just really wanted everything sorted ASAP as Christmas is coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dublad626

Hi I'm new to this I was told about this site by a friend of mine. I am currently working as a TCO and I am waiting on the interview for the Clerical officer Competition that start the 14th of August 2023 and I choose Dublin as the place I am looking for. I have email I know of a few people that got there interviews and I emailed asking about the process they said that they have interviewed 353 in so far that was back in October and I emailed again not long ago and I got the same email with the same number so wanted to know does any know if the interviews have moved or where it could be as my TCO contract ends in February? Any help would be great. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AJ767

Hi All, I've been contacted looking for my references and Garda vetting etc.

I'm just wondering do I have to use my current boss, he's a bit of a hot head to put it mild and we share a workspace, if he gets a call out of the blue looking to give me a reference while I'm sitting at the next desk I'm not sure how it would go!

Has anyone used a colleague before instead of their boss?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭crinkley

You will have to use him yes but it’s an email and they ask your permission first before they contact him

can I ask what county?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 star777

PAS has received the reference from my current employer, so just wondering how likely it is I’ll get an official offer/start date this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 herbmeister

Hi all, can I ask for those who have been contacted for references etc, when did you have your Interview's roughly?

I had mine first week in December, nothing back yet 😫

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 rachel867

Anyone know how there getting on in Kildare was 16 away from an interview the end of November

• Registered Users Posts: 40 sswathi

I hope I am posting in the relevant place.

I recently applied for a Clerical Officer position for Westmeath County Council. I received an email inviting me for an interview this week. I was just wondering if anyone who had an interview could help me by letting me know if the questions focus more on the council area or the administrative and clerical competencies.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AJ767

Best of Luck, I interviewed for a country council post last year, It mostly focused on the competencies in the application info booklet but touched on a few bits from the council area, role of the council, what departments and their role in the area etc. Once you can show you have some sort of knowledge of your local council it will be of benefit!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ludusv

i got an email with an expression of interest to the position Clerical Officer in the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine for Clerical Officer with Portal Inspectors duties. Has someone got the same email? I have until 11th, january to say yes or no.. already said yes. I will probably hear from it next week, and the next step will be an interview, right? Is it possible to to go really bad on it or they are crazy enough approving everyone that does the interviews? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lx4 is powerful

hwy, hope you don’t mind me jumping on the thread. I interviewed on the 15th and in the 18th they wrote to me to say that I passed the interview. I haven’t heard anything since. Does anyone have an idea as to how long I might be waiting. FYI it was the C/O position

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pip1414

I got assigned just before Christmas and HR provided me with a February start date. They said I would receive the contract and other paperwork in early January, but I haven’t received anything. I emailed today but there has been no response yet. I’m starting to get really worried as the start date is in less than a month now and need to make arrangements with my current employer, although they have assured me 3-4 times that they will issue the contract as soon as possible.

Thank you and would you mind telling me how long between successful interview and being assigned?

Thank you and would you mind telling me how long between successful interview and being assigned?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭aaron5250

Passed my interview 5 months ago. So I've now been waiting for placement 5 months and counting.

Tbh this wait has left a very bitter taste, as it has led to some damaging knock on consequences personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭crinkley

I know someone waiting 4 months since passing the interview, can I ask what county?

Advertisement