Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kellie Harrington. Was she hung out to dry or did she hang herself out to dry?

Options
1242526272830»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Sono Topolino

Lots of people think that. But it’s one thing to calmly protest outside the Dáil or call your TD, it’s quite another to stage a rally outside a building housing refugee families, including small children, calling on a megaphone for them to get out. I consider the fact that Kellie liked a tweet supporting the Ballymun anti-refugee rally to be proof of anti-immigrant views, since the rally was as much about scaring immigrants into leaving as it was about changing government policy.

You can’t whitewash that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,262 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Any extreme Transphobe I've seen online is backing Shane Hannon, they see him as expressing their violent urges at the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,999 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Indeed, I very much doubt Kellie is a racist or a supporter of the far right. She may have assumed that GB News is a normal news channel and not realised that it is a propaganda outlet, churning out lies, misinformation and conspiracy theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

• Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

liked a tweet supporting the Ballymun anti-refugee rally

What did the tweet say, exactly?

Edit, here's the tweet in question

taken at face value, it is objectively true

Post edited by Quantum Erasure on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Here's another tweet she liked, that'd back that up

Yes, it is true that we can’t be 100% certain that each and every person in any given building is a valuable member of society. Absent the creation of a dystopian police state, I don’t think it would be possible to do this if we wanted to.

What is not objectively true is that this makes it ok to march up and down outside a building housing refugees yelling “send them home”. Before yelling “hyperbole”, read the Tweet in the context of the thread. It is clear that the Tweet is supporting the antirefugee protestors against criticism and directly calling into question the moral character of refugees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Terrier2023

what Kellie tweeted was heartfelt and everyone seems to forget she is living in the nightmare that is working class areas of Dublin. These areas are all being front loaded with migrants, very few in Dalkey or Killiney. So she sees the chaging face of her home space and worries that there might be aggressive behaviours like the abduction & murdering of a little 12 yearold girl which has happened in France. As to being a brand ambassador for Spar so what its only a bloody grocery shop selling a lot of unhealthy food in their delis, in fact if i was her i would leg it and become the brand ambassador for some healthy food. ! AFter all she is an athlete !

The nasty interviewer on Off your balls was just the usual type trying to prise some controversy in his little spot on the radio and be a big man with front page headlines on the back of little girl who is an excellant boxer. She should have just got up given him a right hook and walked out . That would be a headline & a bloody good one ! kellie harrington southpaws prissy talk show host for being rude to her !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Acosta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Why wasn't she worried about all the aggressive behaviour previously though in the north inner city? The only murders I can think of around there have been done by local scumbags. We all know it isn't foreigners that people might fear when walking through these places.

You know your own & what they are capable of you can read your own scumbags and your own people. i am sure if you walked down the street you could weed the wood from the trees by the look of irish people, your own people whereas with the new folk we cant read them we dont know how to read them therein lies the danger & menace. So kellie grew up in a very rough area but she knew her own and survivexd there ( she did learn how to box maybe a subliminal thing. ) Now her area is no longer measurable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Well it's measurably better than it was in the 90s, foreigners or not.

I live in a pretty multicultural part of Dublin and work in an industry where roughly 1/3 of my colleagues are immigrants. My wife works in a hospital and about half of her team are from India and the Philippines. Whenever I am out and about the city late at night, I don't worry about getting jumped by immigrants. It's the young Irish lads in dirty tracksuits that make me nervous. That's my experience, and maybe other people have experienced differently. But let's just cut through the crap with a simple question: does anyone actually have any statistical proof that immigrants in Ireland are disproportionately more likely to be involved in crime? Because unless you have hard data, complaining about immigrants committing crime is racial stereotyping. Spreading rumours about immigrants abducting and murdering children is also racist.

In this case an immigrant allegedly abducted and murdered a 12 year old girl. While that is a tragedy, it is simply not an excuse for spreading racial prejudice. I mean is it simply not the case that French people never kidnap and/or murder children:

I never heard of any of these cases before I googled "kidnapped child France". By contrast, I have seen plenty on Twitter and elsewhere about the tragic Lola Daivet. Could it be that this case is simply more notable because of it involved an immigrant?

If I was living in inner city Dublin, I would be far more concerned about being jumped by a bunch of local scumbags than by any immigrants living in the area. Walk around any part of Dublin and the ones that are loud and in your face and giving off a threatening vibe are nearly always white and Irish. The gang who pushed a girl under a Dart train and physically assaulted several other girls on the platform would be an example of what I'm talking about.

I’d add the complete fall of the city centre into a heroin hole to the list

Well i am galway based and for the first time in my life time there are grave warnings about not being in the city after dark due to gangs of migrants robbing and abusing and also in fighting in gangs, very violent and terrifying behaviours not being reported on MSM. ( of course ).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

You don't have to be anti immigrant to oppose how the Government are handling the situation

In fact the government themselves will purposely label anyone who opposes them anti Immigrant because the wording makes you sound raciest & makes your point redundant

We are not helping them immigrants or our on people by taking in more than we can look after, We should be taking way way less,

We have learned nothing from history & the rest of the world, If we keep taking them in in huge numbers that we can not house through out the current population we will have to build separate housing developments & apartments for them & will create ghetto's

You will have thousand of non nationals living in the same under privileged area's with absolute no need or encouragement to integrate with Irish society , Its not the people fault why would they go outside there bubble when its so much easier to continue to live with there own in there own cultural ,

20 years down the road it will cause massive problems ,

its common sense to oppose how the current Government are handling this, but Leo & co want big jobs in Europe & don't give a flying f*ck about our country only there own gain & looking good to the European big wigs to get them jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭batman_oh

I suppose all the Scandanavian countries are right wing anti immigrant nazis hellholes now according to leftie mentalists. Even though they were the ultimate liberal paradises up until recently. You simply do not question anything and take it. All immigration is exactly the same and positive.

People fail to see in the long run we aren't helping these people like we should,

If we took 2/3rds of what we are we can integrate them & actually allow them to become vital members of Irish society.

The way it is will only bring them hate & discrimination from Irish people & its not there fault ,Which in turn causes them to remain isolated & never buy into our culture

We seem incapable of doing anything right these days,

• Advertisement

That’s fine - it is very possible to oppose our immigration policy without being “anti-immigrant”. I don’t think anyone with a brain would argue that we couldn’t have handled the surge in refugees better. Again, I specifically objected to holding a rally outside a building housing refugees yelling “send them home”. That is cruel and counterproductive.

But we don't have an "immigration policy". We are required by international law to assess the claims of anyone from an at risk country who lands on our shores and lodges a claim for asylum. That is not a policy, that is the actual law.

Advertisement