Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kellie Harrington. Was she hung out to dry or did she hang herself out to dry?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭monseiur

Kellie Harrington's IQ may or may not be below average but like all good people she has an innate sense of what's right and what's wrong. On reading of the murder of a child in France she spontaneously re tweeted without a second thought for the woke brigade who seem to rule the air waves these days. She reached the pinnacle of her sport while these woke wasters hide behind their lap tops spewing out drivel - their only response to those who challenge them is to cancel as they can't stomach the truth.

Our minister for justice stood up in the Dail some time ago and admitted that over 60% of illegal migrants turning up at the immigration desk at Dublin airport don't have any form of ID, having destroyed their passports etc. They even refuse to identify the airline they just disembarked and many more have false documents. Yet they demand refugee status, expect to be housed, avail of our medical services and all other services provided and paid for by us the tax payer. Surely it's not too much for an illegal migrant to identify him/her self and their country of origin ? What have they got to hide ? Are they rapists, murderers, pedophiles on the run ?? Is it just a matter of time before they commit some serious crimes here ?? How many crimes have they already committed ? Where did the child murderers in France fled to after committing their heinous crimes ?? How can the Garda or other official run a background check on a person who refuses to identify himself or his country of origin ?? Yet they are allowed to walk our streets as if they were citizens. They should be immediately locked up until their true identity is established. This by the way has nothing what so ever to do with racism it has everything to do with keeping our people safe. We have more than enough of home grown bad eggs with importing more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,403 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Mod Note

@FrancieBrady @bucketybuck @Snooker Loopy all three are now Threadbanned from this thread.

This thread is in the Boxing Forum, within Sports and the converstation currently has nothing to do with Boxing.

A lot of posts deleted.

Kindly get back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I think it’s not a thread for this forum. It has nothing to do with boxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Yeah, let it die in CA, you'll never get a boxing debate out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,110 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Have we passed many murals or advertising hoardings with your good self on them?

In much demand for interviews yourself?

• Advertisement

Have posts been deleted?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,110 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Perhaps you might notice you are posting on a boxing forum and Ms. Harrington has been one of the top ranked amateur boxers in this country for the past few years. Added to the fact that people who are in boxing clubs mix and train far more diverse range of kids than would be at your own sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Well you quizzed me on my sports before and all I ever played was football/soccer which is probably the most diverse sport in Ireland at the moment.

I have a spare ticket for Bohs V Rovers Friday week if you want to come along, we're the wokest club in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Boxing isn’t my sport, but saw this thread trending on the home page. Clicked in out of curiosity and sure enough, the same cohort of odd balls from Current Affairs are piling on to Kellie Harrington here.

I could almost have named these posters before diving in, including one third rate agent provocateur, who apparently has so much time on his hands, that he s**t stirs threads of this nature across Boards, Reddit, and Twitter. Truly pathetic.

As for Kellie, she handled the interview quite badly. However, that weasel was clearly attempting to stir up controversy. It’s all a storm in a tea cup that will fortunately pass very quickly and Kellie will rightly continue to be lauded for her exploits in the ring. Kellie is a person who has accomplished so much, as opposed to the useless individuals here and across other platforms, who have never achieved anything in their miserable lives, with the exception of spewing copious volumes of utter rubbish online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,090 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I wouldn't go that far. There could easily have easily been a big media pile on but in fairness the coverage has been quite restrained, with very few articles or opinion pieces in the papers (and the likes of Liveline didn't even go near the story).

Kellie is lucky she doesn't live in the UK. The media there would have turned it into a huge and divisive "culture war" issue a la Gary Lineker with people being encouraged to come down on one side or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Hannon statement.

What? Nobody, other than those actively searching for this story have any clue about it. It’s an absolute nothing snowflake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

The idea that he felt compelled to release a statement apologising for tweets he put out almost a decade and a half ago, when he was a teenager, is incredibly absurd.

There’s stuff I regret saying at 56, never mind 16. These witch hunts upon witch hunts need to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

I think that's the point though.

Should we give her a pass on anti immigrant sentiment because she's a woman? Because she's gay?

That's a weird form of equality.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Esho

Exactly. Conor McGregor is another sports star who is a role model.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭enricoh

What were the tweets? He started the witch hunt , so f*@k him.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭JohnnyFortune

He abused the French, used derogatory slurs against the disabled and transsexuals and objectified women as tits/ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭beeker1

Jaysus you're like sharks in a chum filled pond ! It's a sports show , a previous presenter , Ken early who liked to politicise & use the show to broadcast his opinions was canned , it was obvious that it was the interviewers opportunity to ambush the girl ! I really like the off the ball show , especially the guy who tipped conflated at 25/1 a winner ! Let's keep it a sports show , there's lots of talking head space out there !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Fair play to Kellie for not answering an off topic question on a sports show.

Fair play to Spar to still back her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,090 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Not defending the tweets but this would have been a completely unknown young fella at secondary school making the comments. It could hardly be comparable to Kellie's situation - two of the three offensive posts were from 13 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭squidgainz

It's been said a million times why it was most definitely not off topic. I'm happy spar kept her on though. I wouldn't like her to lose her deal for being a bit thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Acosta

Ironically getting replies of what a disgrace he is and that he should resign. From people that are actually transphobic.

Ken Early along with his colleagues resigned from Newstalk. For 10 years they have had their own very successful podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Did she come across as someone who was there to talk about anything other than sports and sport in the community.

That's why the guy landed it on her on a sports show for clicks and attention and has now got himself in the grinder trying to delete his own past post.

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭squidgainz

She was there to also talk about diversity in the community , it was a relevant question and I've probably never seen such a dumb response to a question. Yeah it's funny enough he's got himself in a bit of heat haha.

Good for him ! At least you've to pay or subscribe to hear his insightful view on all things he feels are worthy of his intellect !

Most of this heat appears to be coming from people who are too afraid to use their name on twitter due to the state of their own timelines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

"I switched off when I heard diversity being mentioned" (paraphrase). Topic of discussion, sports teams and other community initiatives. She doesn't appear to have wanted to answer questions on anything if she switches off at the word diversity.

Advertisement