Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

Fab walking weather is right, I got my 10,000 steps in no bother today!

It was very chilly this morning but grand once you were wrapped up and the sunshine by lunchtime was very welcome.

Great day to get bits done in garden in preparation for a lovely spring/ summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Indeed was it the first chorus, woke me.

A decent bright day with sporadic blue skies too. Lovely. Cool.

Showers from the North never reached us all day. Maybe later. Weather app has rain all day for here tomorrow.

8⁰ Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Cold dull-ish day here in Dublin, lightened up around 2pm with scattered cloud by the wind was chilling come mid-afternoon on my lunch break, I find times like these a little annoying because you go out in a coat earlier in the day feeling too warm, but by nightfall it's very much needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Bitterly cold. it woke me up. There is no way to have heating on at night.

Will bundle and hibernate. And at least there are green shoots in the hedges and garden...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a horrible afternoon here in Meath, moderate icy rain, it has that sound to it. No walk for me this afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Was out for a walk a short while ago in Trim, Meath and there was light rain but nothing icy about it in this part of the county and didn't feel anywhere near cold for ice pellets with temperatures at the moment around 7°. Cold air is still a fair bit away.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The icy rain eased off earlier now just misty rain. Very little precipitation in general with this weak band pushing south.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭OldRio

Stunning morning. About minus 1 but blue sky and sun.

Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A beautiful day here in Castlebar with long spells of sunshine. There will be a nice Moon on the rise around 6pm with a great view of Venus out west from around the same time

Lovely day in Meath after yesterdays misery. Great day for walking and being outdoors.

• Advertisement

Status Yellow - Snow/Ice warning for Cavan, Donegal, Monaghan, Connacht, Longford, Louth, Meath, Westmeath

Met Éireann Weather Warning

A spell of rain will move up over the country on Thursday morning, turning to sleet and snow with some accumulations expected.

Possible Impacts:

● Hazardous driving conditions

● Travel disruption

Valid: 06:00 Thursday 09/03/2023 to 00:00 Friday 10/03/2023

Issued: 12:53 Tuesday 07/03/2023

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

It has been a totally lovely spring day out here. The green shoots on the dark brown branches of the rugosa seem to grow longer as you watch......

And mild enough to sit a while in a sheltered place and gaze at the ocean and sky. Bliss..

Lovely day yesterday but a biting wind. 3C. A few things to tidy in the Garden. Well wrapped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Great drying out there today on fairness

Finally got the lawn cut for the first time since early October. Grass was very long after cutting season came to an early end in the autumn with all the rain and soaking ground. Great drying today. From tomorrow the ground is going to get much wetter.

Great drying out are you serious, if you put anything out there they would freeze on the line!

Absolutely bitter cold today, in that breeze felt like it was below 0 degrees all day.

Yesterday in contrast was cold but beautiful sunshine all day.

Yep deadly serious,ground drying very well today after 11mm of rain we got Monday. Very breezy all day which dried up the ground nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

The very low humidity today would indeed have meant good drying, especially with the breeze present, away from southern areas. Was a few degrees above freezing everywhere so no chance of any clothes freezing on the line.

Maybe it was just me at risk of freezing so🤣, I was standing outside for about 15 mins thought I was going to be a staute by the end of it!

Oh don't get me wrong twas bitter out in the wind but great drying all the same😁😁

• Advertisement

Bitter easterly wind. 1C. Cloud.

Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Miserable wet cold day. Lashing rain freezing cold and dark. Come on spring show us some mercy!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Robwindstorm

A few recent March 9th records of weather

2017 mild, dry and sunny 13c.

2018 cold, heavy evening rain 6c

2019 sunshine daytime, night rain 8c

2020 heavy persistent rain, flooding 9c

2021 wet and windy 9c

2022 very wet, flooding, cold 5c

OK so today goes down as the worst possible type of day for weather in Ireland.

We are well used to lashing rain all day but thankfully rare enough to have it with absolute freezing cold day and that's before I even mention the wind.

This evening I was outside for a few minutes and it felt like I was been stabbed by tiny needles all over even though I was covered from head to toe in a big puffer coat.

Absolutely bitter cold with that wind chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Dublin Airport has recorded its wettest day since early September 2022, with 28.4 mm up to 11pm, and a maximum of 3.2 degrees. It was a miserable day in Wexford too but not quite as wet as Dublin and it got up to 8 degrees. I saw Knock had a max of 0.3 degrees, close to an ice day!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Oh ye have little faith.

What did I tell you about March delivering for snow?

I looked out the window this morning at snow and unlike you snow loves my react was well feck it anyway way how am I going to get to work in that!

However the drive was actually easier than yesterday morning! I never want another day like that so anything else is a bonus.

Beautiful clear skies and it was snowy but not icey so you never know I might convert to snowy person yet!

It's going to melt rapidly anyway this morning but hopefully kids will get a few snowballs in first.

A beautiful day here in Castlebar with clear skies and stunning visibility in the cold air.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭acequion

I absolutely hate rain, for me it's the WORST weather condition by a mile. Add wind to it and if possible to hate rain more, well I hate it more. And I hate it more, more again if it comes with double digit temps in winter. Rain, wind and mild double temps = humid nightmare. I'll be straight on the Internet looking to see where I can emigrate to [lol]. I'm one of the few on here who loves the cold, hence for me cold rain is a bit more bearable. Cold gets very bad press. Just wrap up! Now fair enough cold can be heavy on heating bills and I'm very lucky that I have a warm, economical to heat, south facing house. So yep, give me lots of dry, cold weather til about April. And then give me a long hot, but dry summer. I don't ask for much, do I!😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭WolfeEire
    Clare (410ft asl)

Brief cold spell Monday night into Wednesday morning with some heavy sleet and snow showers likely in the north and northwest. After a fairly miserable and wet day on Monday there will be sunny spells in most other areas on Tuesday, but the nw breeze will make it feel rather cold.

It's looking fairly unsettled in the medium term with temps around if not a touch below average overall. All rather bland.

No sign of a resurgent Atlantic in the near term with the NAO hanging around the neutral mark.

www.x.com/wolfeeire

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement