Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 39 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well that was a really good show.

Did Cena look smaller or is it just have been seeing him around smaller people lately that made him look bigger, like in Peacemaker?

If there is one complaint about it, it's the sponsorship and its placement. Like a serious feud involving a father and son yet we have all these bright and cheerful colours and pictures showing up.

Great to see Rhea win. How is Charlotte ever seen as a face? Wonder if her smile at the end was a "Ok, you got me!" smile or was she just happy for Rhea?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm giving Charlotte the benefit that she was happy for Rhea, say what you want about her but she delivers in the ring and that with Rhea was a banger with the right winner

Michael Cole must have been so happy with Dom losing and Pat returning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I saw Charlotte smiling as yeah, you got me....the problem was that they went back to her far too much when it was meant to about Rhea. Putting it politely I don't think Charlotte's reaction needed that much importance.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Great show. Simply superb.

I don’t mean for this to diminish the performances of anyone else in the match, but Jey Uso’s in the tag match was one of the greatest I personally have ever seen at Wrestlemania. I’ve said many times before that he’s been the MVP of this storyline and he delivered another masterclass in performance and storytelling.

I would like Jey to get a one on one match with Roman with him winning

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That has to be the Summerslam main event imo.

Roman loses tonight. Has a few weeks of chasing the belt in a rematch. Blames the Usos when he fails. And have a build of the Bloodline properly imploding, building up to Roman vs Jey.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,702 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Well, that was excellent.

Cena Vs Theory

Cena is one of the best to ever do this, he just gets it, a simple heel/face match to warm the crowd up without killing them.

Tag showcase

8 lads, 8 minutes, just an absolute sprint where everybody looked great and got their character over, Montez ford is a star but Dawkins is no janetty. Him upending strowman was fantastic.

Seth Rollins Vs Logan Paul

I'm not a Rollins fan but he was the perfect foil for Logan Paul, who may be the most natural wrestler I've ever seen, he makes it look so easy. I probably would have put Paul over but I imagine Cody's next for Seth.

6 woman tag

Trish never lost it, Lita never had it and Becky is the Man, Dakota and Iyo looked great as well, something's not working with Bayley though.

Rey Vs Dominick

2 fantastic entrances, even if I thought Rey's knee might explode walking up them steps.

Dominick has been a revelation as a heel, but he's definitely improving his work, there's a snap to it that wasn't there before, helps if your working one of the greatest ever I suppose, lots of bells and whistles in this one but they all made sense and tied in.

Charlotte Vs Rhea

Maybe one of the best straight in ring contests I've ever seen.

Miz Vs McAfee

Exactly what it needed to be, a perfect segment between 2 main events, Miz has still never caught anyone on a dive.

Usos Vs Kevin Owens/Sami Zayn

Didn't love the first half of this, felt like they rushed into the heat/hot tag/second heat, but from the minute the Usos started trying to cave people's skulls in I was hooked. Just beautifully violent storytelling that even if you'd never seen a minute of wrestling in the last year, you could appreciate. They stuck the landing on the Sami uso story, now we'll see if they can do the same with the anoa'i civil war.

Wrestling is a simple medium made complicated by idiots. protagonist, antagonist, story, conclusion.

Every match last night followed the formula while having a unique identity and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Looking at the card for night 2 there will be a few segments/surprises thrown in tonight I expect.

The women's showcase and Brock/Omos will probably take less than half an hour between them which leaves a lot of time for the other four matches to fill, though they'll probably all be fairly long matches tbf.

We'll likely get the Lashley match.

Maybe someone else challenges Miz.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

match order, per Fightful.

Brock Lesnar vs Omos 

Women’s tag team showcase

Gunther vs. Sheamus vs. Drew McIntyre

Asuka vs. Bianca

Edge vs. Finn Balor HIAC 

Roman Reigns vs. Cody Rhodes

Guessing Lashley segment between the last two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,878 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Will Cody get as big a cheer as Sami/KO if he wins ??

Definitely a feeling Romans reign (pun not intended) is coming to an end

Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭Cotts72

His entrance alone will damage decibals ...

I think he'll get the Sami/KO pop if he does win...I'd imagine Dustin/goldust will prob be in the crowd along with Brandi and other family to push the tribute to dusty and that's the main angle they are hedging on Cody title challenge

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Two weakest matches on the entire card in quick succession.... Hope the crowd is as good tonight cos that might be a slog.

Think there only half brothers but could be wrong

I'll have to power through too see it live

Was in some narky mood today with the late finish last night. Actually more tired than the I was after the CATC trip (probably adrenaline kept me going tbh😄)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭cagefactor

Cena looks like 20KG lighter to me, probably not eating as much or training as hard anymore as in the good days.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Night 1 was a Great show from start to finish.

The only problem I had was the sponsors heavily involved in the show. Took away from some of the matches. WWE was beginning to feel like a wrestling promotion again recently with the storytelling and in ring action.

but parts of last night felt like an entertainment company.

I'll watch tomorrow at some point.

Enjoy, everyone who's staying up. Hope it's worth it.

• Advertisement

New theme music for Omos.

Enjoyed that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Not a bad match. Not memorable but perfectly serviceable.

It served its purpose. Big meaty men slapping meat and a crowd pleasing result to kick us off. Don't really care about Omos losing tbh, he's a huge man but extremely limited in the ring so best saved for these spectacle type matches. Mind you a win or two might not be a bad idea or it becomes utterly predictable. Lost to Lashley, Braun and Brock now in his big outings.

Two former Mania main eventers in the first two matches in Brock and now Ronda. I don't really get how they've handled Ronda since she lost the title to Charlotte and then just... Decided not to go after it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Got to be honest... any time I see Shotzi I am instantly reminded of the time she tried to sell pictures of her sh*t to fans. I just see her as some disgusting woman who would do anything for a few quid.

Surprised she never got sacked for it. Not exactly pg.

I did not know that! I just see her as a human botch machine tbh🤣

Cannot remember the last match she hasn't ballsed something up.

Well, it's over at least. Now onto the real stuff.

So no Bobby segment. They really need to make that Andre trophy smaller when even people like Big Bob struggle to carry it 😅

This match however should be brilliant. There's only 4 scheduled matches left already and we're not even an hour in 😂

• Advertisement

Jesus why does Titus need to be here

Advertisement