Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 39 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Fred Astaire

Night 2 was a catastrophe. Terrible, terrible booking.

Edge has put nobody over since returning, bar Reigns. Could not believe they had him win there - Finn really could have done with that win to elevate him to main event level this year after a lot of good work with the Judgement Day.

Asuka should have 100 percent won, Belair keeping the belt does nothing - identical situation to Reigns, she has beaten everyone. Likely scenario now is they just have Charlotte beat her. So boring.

And the main event, don't get me started. If the plan is to circle back to Cody after Reigns gets the 1000 days, then you've just wasted the momentum, it will not be the same.

And imagine if you're Bobby Lashley, and you see Shane get onto the card, look gassed just from his entrance and f*ck his knee/quad. Absolutely embarassing fiasco.

IC match was a MOTY contender, but everything that surrounded it was truly appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Night 1 - great with some fantastic matches

Night 2 - Bar the IC match (which was the best match of the two nights imo), that was a clusterfcuk

Even ignoring the main event, Lesnar vs Omos and the woman's four way tag were meh. Asuka Vs Belair was ok but the wrong winner, Edge Vs Balor was terrible with the wrong winner and a weird put together match (not helped by the injury), the Shane thing was an insult and made worse considering Lashley or LA Knight werent on the card. The pacing was also very weird (it was 40 minutes between the end of HIAC and the start of the main event).

Then the main event was a good match, started getting overbooked like every Roman match and then the finish was just a giant **** you to the fans and a giant missed step. This is just another year of Roman now as he isn't losing the title at a smaller show. They needed to pull the trigger last night with Cody. Just made him look like an idiot on their biggest stage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yeah, Shane being on the card is just self-indulgent sh!te

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Miz confused me at the start as well when I'm sure he said there were 3 titles on the line. Thought he knew something we didn't then. Maybe he got mixed up with last night or counted both Roman's titles separately or just misspoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Fantastic night 1. Disappointing night 2 bar the IC title match which was fantastic. Thought the wrong people went over in night 2 bar the main event. Reigns the right winner but the way the match went was lazy and repetitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

No Stone Cold after all the speculation

Feel bad for LA Knight who didn't even appear on the show, Bobby's getting a quickntoken appearance to show off that monstrosity of a trophy

• Registered Users Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why did Bianca have to retain

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭cagefactor

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I didn't stay up for it but no LA Knight alone makes the second night bollocks. Could've had 80,000 people shouting "YEAH" if Snoop introduced him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Night 2 sums up the fact that Vince is back and all rumours indicate he's staying on in his role with the new ownership ..Shane O Mac what the actual ****..not one person wanted to see that.nick khan promised surprises last week,not one actual surprise came to fruition

Like others I didn't have it in me to stay up and thank **** I didn't ,that main event was a clear **** you to the fans and Vince thinking he knows best..Cody's momentum has been shat on and the whole storyline I'm tribute to dusty has been wasted..that was the PERFECT time to dethrone reigns and make a new star whilst also paying homage to the American dream on the great stage buuuut no Vince will probably sign drew to a huge new deal and put the strap on him

• Advertisement

Hmm, not sure which one I was forgetting. Or maybe I just can't count.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭savemejebus

When the Rock made his little video yesterday I figured a deal was done and that Roman would retain to build to that.

Don't really mind either, especially when it means Paul can keep giving us moments like this

Becky happy emotional for Sami

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I don't even get that though. A Rock Vs Roman match doesn't need titles involved. It actually makes it worse as no way Rock is winning a title. You easily could have had Cody win, then do the Bloodline disravelling and have Roman Vs The Rock, and eventually Roman Vs Jey and make Jey a main event level face.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭savemejebus

A Rock Vs Roman match doesn't need titles involved. It actually makes it worse as no way Rock is winning a title. 

I'm guessing the Rock's ego and WWE higher ups might disagree. He got the title on his last short run so nothing would surprise me.

I think WWE didn't think Cody was over enough with fans to take down Roman, he will probably gain sympathy and more fans from this defeat, how it went down etc., and will probably win at Summerslam, I assume Cody returning would guarantee him as world title singles run

The Rock could even be used to help Cody get another match

Raw tonight will be intriguing, could even be better than last night's WM night 2

Post edited by JP Liz V1 on

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Such a contrast with night 1.. it feels like they got all the big calls right then and everything wrong last night, very deflating after the excitement of night 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I think Cody captured it quite perfectly in a recent promo where he said it all finally clicked for Roman in Year 8 of a career where he was pushed on us to ludicrous levels.

So when HHH says nobody is at Roman's level that simply does not ring true, as the likes of Cody and Sami will always need to the machine to take a chance on them, just like the company did with Roman again and again.

I don't expect HHH to tell us the truth, but he doesn't have to bull**** us either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,533 ✭✭✭Floppybits

So which was the best match, the IC match or the women's Smackdown title match or the tag title match?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The IC match for me. The lads bet lumps out of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,533 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I agree with you. I enjoyed Charlotte and Rhea and it was a great match but the IC match was off the charts with the punishment they gave each other.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Personally because of the result the Rhea/Charlotte match was my favorite. I'm ok with Gunther retaining but I think the crowd were absolutely baying for a Sheamo win and so the result felt a bit flat for me. Like pretty much everything last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,692 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Rhea/Charlotte purely on the basis that I was expecting the 3 lads to knock the absolute bollix outta each other. I knew Charlotte/Rhea would be good, but I wasn't expecting a match that would have main evented all Japan woman's in the 90s.

So this WM could have been the "last" for Cena, Lesnar and Edge and all in meh underwhelming matches

Tonight on Raw will tell a LOT.

IF WWE want Cody to be the one to beat Reigns eventually and they’re tagging against each other tonight they have to have Cody pin Reigns tonight.

Pin Reigns infront of the Post Mania crowd and end reigns not being pinned streak but not ending the title reign will still give a viral moment and Cody a badly needed win over Roman and a cause for a rematch.

Roman Reigns was last pinned in 2019 by Baron Corbin, I doubt he will be pinned tonight, I expect more shenanigans with The Bloodline, Usos etc.,

• Advertisement

Advertisement