Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chancel Way, Newcastle, Wicklow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 chancelnoway

The apartments were always part of the planning permission and we were aware of the from the start. We were told that is where the social housing is.

i’ll take the “end of September” with a pinch of salt at this stage although I know we are getting closer albeit very slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lucylucy123

I was informed that there were no plans for social housing in this development and in the conditions of the planning it states all units must be owner occupied. If this has now changed when the apartments are built will the management fees increase for those in the houses to account for elevator maintenance etc??

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Conor1981

This development had to give 10% to social housing it could have been 20% which it has now increased to. They are apartments as our solicitor asked us to check with them where they were and we were told it will be at least 2/3 apartments and most likely will be ground floor apts so could be for older or disabled living.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 varshetty1

That's what was communicated to us as well☝️

No, I had sent an email to the estate agent on Sep 13 and today as well (Sep 21). The builder solicitor just replied saying "we'll get back to you as soon as we hear anything".

• Advertisement

@jsemails thanks for the detailed response here.

I second that in relation to the transparency from the relevant stakeholders, which is non-existent :)

Please let me know if there's anything that you need from our side as another buyer who's drawdown funds, competed the snag and patiently paying mortgage and rent :D

Happy to join hands towards a collective approach to get this sorted one way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 asabater

I agree @varshetty1 @jsemails - Maybe the best way is to keep everyone all other buyers informed this way.

Last week my solicitor provided an update saying all closing documents are ready, but still waiting for the financial contributions. The contributions are on the council, assuming they sign off on the work done then it should be a few weeks (hopefully) (the sign-off request was received by council on the 8/9).

We drawdown too, but we are still waiting for snag/de-snag completion. The snagging process has been frustrating, issues don't get fixed and every time I go there I have to argue with the foreman to acknowledge issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sherlock H

Submission by developers to council on condition 26 of the planning application was made on the 8th Sept. The delay in response by the council is not acceptable. We should be writing a concerted joint email to Wicklow County Council elected members outlining the hardship posed by the delayed response. If anyones interested, lets do a PM and try move this on, thinking a combined email to political members of the parties in Wicklow CoCo. We are stuck paying mortgage and rent, with our temporty accomadation ending in 2 weeks. Essentially going to be homeless, so be great to to get some traction behind this. Any takers to put a name to an email, would be a well tempered, calm tone, but outline the dificulties we are all facing.

i agree, the site saying ready for re-snag only to have only a few items completed and a bag full of excuses was so frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Renata7896

I’m glad we aren’t the only ones with snag issues. We’ve snagged and re-snagged and very few issues addressed. While the issue of the council delaying closing is a concern, we’re not thinking of closing until the snag issues are resolved.

it’s no harm putting these issues on here so prospective buyers of phase 2 and 3 are warned in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 jsemails

@varshetty1 @asabater @Sherlock H

I never got any response to email sent to the team who I understand looks at approving and dealing with developments like Chancel Way

1. I agree with doing something about the overall delay. Primarily because our personal situation is only getting harder, with what seems to be an indefinite delay. Especially because there is radio silence in terms of updates.
    2. I am not sure of who to approach for help, @Sherlock H your suggestions make sense, happy to join the effort for a collective voice of concern. I can follow the required next steps
    3. Is there any merit in first sending a collective email to the real estate guys, copying in the Dwellings contacts mentioned on the Dwellings website? While I understand we might be waiting for the council to respond, who exactly is to blame for the delay would be hard to determine until we have visibility of all the details.

Immaterial I think its time to list the negative impact of this delay. Requesting somebody (some body) to look into this.

Yes indeed makes sense, can add the following to start with.

1. Uneven wall surface with poor paint job.
    2. Poor paint job overall
    3. Latches for doors (some of them didn't engage)
    4. some of the wood frames for doors were chipped
    5. Radiator legs in the bathroom and the bedrooms have poor floor flushing (i.e. holes not filled to level with the floor)
    6. Level of the landing path and the bathroom entrance (first level) has bigger than usual gap (i.e. it has caused us issues with leveling after having installed laminates on the first level.
    7. Door stoppers not properly aligned

• Registered Users Posts: 15 c2010

We would also be willing to add our voice to a collective email as the delays and lack of communication is beyond comprehension at this stage

Who exactly should we send the email to, I checked the 'Wicklow Elected Council Members' and see that there are five electoral areas in Wicklow with multiple candidates under each?

So just spoke to Wicklow Council customer service

Elected council members for Greystones are the ones we would need to approach. If anyone here knows any of the six members that will be a good start. Meanwhile I know of someone that might be able to find a personal connection with one of the members. Will keep all here posted.

I was going to go to the top of the food chain....Theres a top dog in Wicklow in the Dail.

I think we are wasting our time with contacting Dwellings, ive looked at the docs available on the WCC website and nothing will happen until council responds to the condition 26 submission. Only thing I can see to move it on is to get pressure put on the council planning team to respond. Sale connot be completed ntil all conditions of the planning permission are signed off from the council, so Dwellings are powerless here.

Were they very late submitting respones to condition 26, yes for sure, 6th Sept to be exact, but it is what it is now, and the ball is in the councils hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 c2010

We have started to email the local councillors to make representations to the planning department, if everyone does it, it might get things moving

https://www.wicklow.ie/Living/Your-Council/Municipal-Districts/Greystones/District-Councillors

Fair play, Im going to start sending them emals now. I would suggest a combined email or individual emails to Simon H aswell, just to really put the pressure on. Councils need to be able to turn over and provide housing planning responses in adequet time frames, thats a remite on reform from the program for government. Might throw that one in the email.

Excellent. I will start emailing them now.

@Sherlock H thanks. Agree re combined email. I will start to email them now, including Simon H.

• Advertisement

Great, we have movement created! I would do the combined email to Simon H, would have more weight than Individual ones. Of course up to the individual, just think a concerted effort to him might make more of an impact. However it should be noted, I know jack all about politics 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Renata7896

Fair play, but the council are not responsible for the snagging issues which remain, they need to be sorted first. I don’t believe that the council are even to blame for the delays - you can’t be taking the estate agents word for that after all the excuses and delays up to now.

I agree with Renata, before the council were being blamed, it was Irish Water. It’s never the developers fault !!!

I think a good move would be for us all to visit the site in the next open day for phase 2. That might focus minds

I completely understand the snagging issues. It was a nightmare for us too. 4 snagg visits. But regarless of the state of the snagging you will not be able to purchase the house without the council signoff. Go at them hard with the snagging, but I feel we could be here talking about 100% completed houses in a months time without that planning sign off. Im not saying let Dwellings of the hook on the snaggin, hell no, but thats a differnt road block to not getting the sales legally ready to complete. Concerted effort wth local councilors and individual battles for the snag lists. But once that council approval is in and you have signed off on the snag your in. Im hearing next site access for Phase 2 will be appointment only from mid November, if Im not in by then my tent will be setup in the green area accross the road. 😂

With regards to Irish water and all the other delays they were blabbering on about, the way I see it, it dosnt matter, there is one condition to be signed off by the coucil, thats it, one signature. there is no more road blocks according to my solicitor. Concentrate on that one and its done. Thats my opinion of course, everyones going to have a slightly different take on things, we are forking over stupid money for this **** show so its only natural small delays would cause issue let alone 6-7month delay, ive stopped counting.

Hi all, we would like to be included in a group email...we did email head of sales in dwellings.and she told us the delays are all out of their hands and same with Derek he assured us its just the council cert they are waiting on..I did express in the email the risks that all parties are facing with selling homes, renting, we have been split up as a family ourselves so we would.be more than happy to join together and I definetely think Dwellings would not want to be shown in such a bad light so an email to them also would do no harm.

Its beyond stressful for all involved and really not acceptable and not how they should be acting towards buyers.

The thing is, once the cert from the council is received, you’ll be pressured to close. Closing while a lot of issues on the snag list remain is short sighted.

I’ll worry about closing when the snag list is sorted. And there is no sign of that happening anytime soon.

if they’re slow to fix existing issues before we’ve paid over think how they’ll be after they have our money with issues that arise in every new build.

snagging issues are a matter for the developer !

Ye agree, combined Email to Dwellings too, would be good in parallel. Can't forget they didn't submit the final submission to planning until the 6th Sept. After promising completion In March!? After seeinf like minded views in this thread I'm sure we will also manage to get rid of these management charges by establishing a community management, instead of the subcontracted 3rd party entity being shoved down our necks.

That's 100% for anyone with snags not addressed, I've only got touch up works with paint on external outstanding, I'd move in now and do it myself if I could. Outstanding snags and non closure on other properties in phase 1 won't stop me closing, the council however could drag this out for months. That's what I'm highlighting, snagging is per house and not a blocker to others completing. Council is all of us and we will all need that sign-off regardless, hence the kick up the politicians BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Tacama

We would also be happy to be included in the group email to all the mentioned parties.

• Advertisement

swalsh@dwellings.ie is the email for Head of Sales in Dwellings. As many emails going giving their experience of the snagging etc may be useful and then are we just sending individual emails to local representatives.

Advertisement