Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chancel Way, Newcastle, Wicklow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 asabater

Great to see this momentum. We also want to be included in the concerted email. The council cert is the main blocker here, you can be sure that once this is resolved the developer will want to close ASAP, and questions will be asked on why snags are not ready, I think they will move much faster then..

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jsemails

I emailed the council members here last night https://www.wicklow.ie/Living/Your-Council/Municipal-Districts/Greystones/District-Councillors

You could do the same.

@Sherlock H mentioned sending a collective email to Simon H. So will be good to join that effort.

Thanks @jsemails - That's done. If everyone sends them an email we might get some attention/action.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Tacama

Have all buyers here been allowed onsite with surveyors while their snags/desnags are occurring?

We were not allowed to accompany our surveyor.

• Advertisement

Gerry W has kindly offered to try and establish what the reason is for council's delay in issuing the certificate , in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sherlock H

Initially no one was allowed visit, thats gone by the way side now, Ive been onsite twice to do the snagging myself.

If anyone wants to see all planning documentation to date, here is the link, sort by scan order, you'll see the last correspondance on condition 26.

iDocs Web (eplanning.ie)

How do we organise a combined email to Simon H, whatsapp group maybe? Sure we are going to probably need a community whatsapp group anyways. Its funny, its only really dawned on me im chatting with my new neighbours.....Hi neighbours!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JJLLL

Was there a collective email sent? Happy to be included if it's not too late. 

Seems emailing the councilors might have worked, I'm sure a few people got calls this evening, document for sign-off on Condition 26 expected tomorrow or Monday.

@Sherlock H Hi neighbours indeed. The delay and lack of communications / update around closing made the process bitter instead of it being positive and exciting.

it will all sink in after I get my keys. Looking forward to an exciting new start and genuine bonds with neighbours. I’ll be on a look out for a Sherlock kinda person :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Conor1981

🤣 hope all goes well for you all nxt week and you all get keys 🔑 its defo made the whole process very stressful. Hopefully we will be 2/3 wks behind yous.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 chancelnoway

The last I heard from the agent was that people were closing and keys were handed out. We are still waiting to sign off the snag. Can someone confirm?

I noticed there is a new document uploaded on 2 October iDocs Web (eplanning.ie). Our architect arrived on site earlier as arranged a week ago, but nobody gave him access to the property for snag inspection. I'm really disappointed with the estate agent for everything that happened recently.

I’m glad we aren’t the only ones. Snagging is painfully slow and issues addressed is nigh on impossible

We bought a new build house, and after the sale closed, there were common issues with our neighbors. We made a group communication with the developer, and they sent someone for a week to fix whoever signed on that list. I'm just thinking, if things like painting are a common issue in Chancel Way, maybe we can do something similar.

The best thing I think would be just to insist on getting the issues on the snag list completed before closing

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SWG51

We got out our keys the start of last week, things on our snag had not been completed but we needed to close. The house was not clean and the walls are very dirty. If you are not pressed for time I would insist it’s thoroughly cleaned before closing.

Thats appalling, we had bought a new house a couple of years and it was spotless when handed over they had professional cleaners. Thats really dissapointing to hear after such delays that they would hand over your house like that.. The developer should be informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ISpyNoProgress

Hello all,

Been following this thread for quite a while - it's been very helpful to hear other people's experiences. Looking forward to getting to know you all. Our house is in the next batch to be completed, but we're getting very concerned around the timelines the agent has provided us. We'd originally been told the house would be ready in August. Apparently our batch of houses are only 3 weeks behind, with snagging due to commence at the end of next week. We took a quick look at the house yesterday evening and it looks far from finished - the floors aren't even done. Just wondering if anyone else has an update on their house? To those already moved in, are you seeing much activity from builders etc. during the day? The couple of times I've taken a look, there only seems to be 2 or 3 people working on site..!

Post edited by ISpyNoProgress on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Tacama

Your name is fairly accurate for this thread!! Do not anticipate to be snagging next week.. this process drags and drags. We aren't any closer to closing and they said April to us originally.

Hey there we were told snag would be this tues now its moved to friday so we will wait and see if that happens. They are working on those 4 houses. Painters holding things up so they say its just beyond frustrating at this stage the negative impact its having and to think at this stage there is not more of an effort to get things done is really starting to grate on us. You seem to be ok same row as us ask derek estate agent for videos of progress to your house and he should send them onto you..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 New2NewCastle

Hi All, we have just gone sale agreed on a house in Phase 2 and are VERY excited! Wondering what advise you all have for us at this stage and as we go through the process, this is our first home so its all very new!

Sorry for not getting back to you.....once the council doc came in, we were away on holidays. only checking the boards now. Hope your settling in to the new place.

WHATSAPP GROUP

Lets get it started, Happy to help, send on numbers and I can make everyone an admin once confimred in the address, loads to talk about at this early stage for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 chancersway

@New2NewCastle Congratulations. You will certainly get a sense of the frustrations we've had if you read back though this thread. Hopefully you won't be subject to some of the delays in phase 2.

The foreman has been a breath of fresh air since we started working though the final snags with him in the last few weeks. Great communication.

The best advice I can give you is to be patient and to cut out the estate agent as soon as possible. Good luck!

We walked with the foreman this morning. Most issues addressed in the snag report have been addressed and he made notes for things to be done. We'll give it another few days to do the final inspection. Things look positive. It won't be long for us to get our keys. 

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lucylucy123

Phase two here also- we received notification from our solicitor that the contracts were being finalised and planned close of sale for December (which judging by your experience will not happen) I am just wondering how we cut out the EA and get in touch with the builder?

Congrats, its been a long road and everyones just happy to be in it seems once they have the keys. Check your heating once your in, mine wasnt working at all, and the plumbers were around 5 or 6 houses today with the same issues.

Ye G is a pleasure once you give him the respect. I went in guns blazing at the start due to all the delays and the bullshit, but he's done loads for us, paid the lads extra for some stuff, but a pleasure to deal with.

As for cutting out DBP, they propably will have that tied up until roads and hardcore on patheways are in for phase 2. They wont allow snagging and that if theres not safe access to site. Its still rough out there for the next month at least Id say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 lucylucy123

Thank you for the reply 😊

Advertisement