Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chancel Way, Newcastle, Wicklow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SWG51

Hello, has the developers solicitor come back to anyone’s solicitor recently regarding an estimated closing date? We have signed contracts and are hopefully snagging next week but haven’t gotten an update from our solicitor yet from the developers solicitor in the last few weeks. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Conor1981

Just wondering if everyone in phase one has received their home bond cert. Our has not been issued and bank cannot draw down without it. Developers sols saying it could be end of august before its issued.

Thanks in advance

Hi, no we are also waiting on this and have been told end of this week by the estate agent. The solicitor has not come back to our solicitor regarding this and other queries. We are arranging snagging for next week. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Tacama

Hi, has anyone completed their snag yet or been given a closing date?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 chancelnoway

any word on management fees ?

Post edited by chancelnoway on

• Advertisement

We were given a figure of 590 per annum. I asked Sol to enquire if that was including bins as that would be reasonable enough. We have not had any further response as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sherlock H

Has anyone completed purchase yet? We havnt received all required docs for purchase as of yet. Thankfully all docs in for drawdown, but not close of purchase.

We drew down Monday this week and we are waiting for final snag sign off which I’m told Tuesday/Wednesday after final bits have been done on Monday. Solicitor is waiting on the completion docs from vendors side and pushing for this Friday to close in full. Will believe it when I’ve the keys in my hands…

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Walley

That is great news @SWG51, sounds like it is not far off closing. Similarly we drew down recently and are waiting to be called for our resnag but haven't been told a date. 

We only submitted our snag list last week, does it take long from submitting your list to being called for final snag? 

Hi, took 3 weeks for the snag to done and called back. We are doing resnag Tuesday/Wednesday so fingers crossed all is complete.

• Advertisement

Has anyone closed yet ?

Drove past it last night. Site locked up so no one has moved in yet. Gonna be September at the earliest now

Has anyone completed their resnag? Were majority of the issues addressed?

I see phase 2 is launching this Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jsemails

We got our 'de snag' done. But for paint issues, most of the issues identified in the snag were not addressed. However they were minor relative to the situation we are in, which is:

• Drawdown done! Snag and De-Sang done!
    • Our solicitor followed up with Beauchamps to learn that Dwellings is still waiting for a compliance document to come through. The compliance document we understand can take anywhere from a day to a month.
    • We have contacted Wicklow council's relevant team that issues this document to understand reasons behind the delay and estimate timeline for the document to be issued. Now waiting for response from the department (unlikely they respond).
    • Unfortunately Derek & Burns as a Real Estate agency representing the development is doing an appalling job by not keeping us informed about anything.

Thanks for your update! Wasn’t sure paint issues would be addressed because we have about 100 of them.. let us know if you do get a response from the council!

Our solicitor mentioned the delay in the compliance document 15th august but hopefully there’ll be some kind of update soon.

Yeah, there has been a lack of communication throughout even a simple email to say no update would be suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lucylucy123

hello everyone, we put down a booking deposit for phase 2 and the EA said they are waiting for clearance from the council to allow move in to commence. They are yet to tarmac the road though so I don’t know if that will be done before ye are allowed move in. They also gave phase 2 a move in prior to December which I laughed at considering phase 1 timeline

They told us before the end of March and here we are in September with no end in sight. It’s very disappointing to hear that very few issues were addressed between snag and re-snag. The lack of reliable and accurate info from the estate agents is awful

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lucylucy123

yes and considering some buyers have drawn down it’s really disappointing and I expect the same disappointment for phase two. In a more positive note there was a great buzz among the community today and among the phase two buyers. I look forward to being all of your neighbours in the future 😇

We desnagged a few days ago, and happy enough with what was done but there are still a few bits to complete. Weren't aware of the document from the council, it's seems never ending!

Community has been very friendly, excited to move in. 

Have they made any commitment to address the issues before closing ?

• Advertisement

Yes, we got confirmation that the few issues would be completed. 

Any sign of anyone moving in or is the issue with council cert still ongoing

We’ve had no update on certs and waiting on our desnag date. Went by this evening and thought that the estate is looking really well!

Yeah, we’ve accepted it’s now not looking likely that we’ll get in in September. It’s looking like October at the earliest 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 6 varshetty1

Appliances and Flooring

Hi all, has anyone got access to do their flooring or put the white goods in? Just wondering if it s okay to do so without the closing date yet. 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 6 varshetty1

Still ongoing as per the latest update on 13th Sep

- We got confirmation that closing documents were sent to solicitors on Friday evening. Yet to hear from our solicitor though. 

- The foreman mentioned floors/painting could be fitted/ordered providing there was prior notice. Not sure about white goods.

- We started enquiring about broadband from service providers but the eircode is not recognised. Has anyone suggestions who to contact about updating the fibre map?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jsemails

hi yes we have got the go ahead for flooring, appliances and furniture. still no update from the real estate agents but the foreman is a great guy, thank god!

No update about waste management, management fees etc.

3 seems to be the only choice for broadband so far, no options for the moment from vodafone and virgin.

Were you guys informed about the 15 or so apartments to be built in phase 3? i wasn't told anything as i had specifically asked if there were any apartments being built.

We were told apartments were being built next year.

Have yous been given details of move in date we have not had any update other than Gerry saying we are aiming for end of september but not sure how thats going.

• Advertisement

Was there an email sent on 13th September ??

Advertisement