Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Cricket 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭wicorthered

• Registered Users Posts: 24,935 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Moor is a worry up top…. Didn’t exactly set the world alight playing for Zimbabwe.

two failures in this test, not only the scores but the manner of both his dismissals… playing all around two bolt straight deliveries and being trapped lbw….

averages under 30 internationally in each format of the game…

Look at the strike rates of the English batsmen…off the charts for a test.

Crawley 124.44

Duckett 102.25

Pope 98.56

Root 94.92

Brook.. only faced 7 deliveries

that’s all indicative of very poor bowling….

We only take 4 wickets over the course of 2 innings…. 😒

so absolutely haemorrhaging runs, being smacked around and incapable of taking wickets….

by my quick counting… we conceded 70 boundaries in one and bit innings.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Lionel Fusco

Brilliant from McBrine and Adair really took the fight to England and restored some pride gutted that neither got a ton as both deserved it. On the wider point CI either takes Tests seriously and starts arranging more tests or just forget about it and focus completely on the T20 and One day game where we are competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭wicorthered

https://www.cricketeurope.com/DATABASE/ARTICLES2023/articles/000006/000667.shtml

• Advertisement

Any broadcast / streaming details for Irelands upcoming World Cup warm ups and qualifiers ?

no info on the cricket Ireland website and social media that I can see, I’ve been scrolling through cricketireland.com, Facebook and Twitter but nothing apparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭InsideEdge

"no info on the cricket Ireland website and social media that I can see...", now there's a shock! It might be best to check out the Zimbabwe social media channels or one of the other qualifiers. Cricket Ireland are really bad at communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Sky are showing coverage of the competition on Sky Sports Mix. Looks like one game out of two every day in the group stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭dohboy

So are there no men's international games at home this summer at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,035 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

A 3 match T20 series against India was announced for 18-23 August in Malahide but that was back in March and nothing concrete has come of it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭dohboy

Yes, thanks. Thought I remembered some home games being announced but then I went on the Cricket Ireland site today and saw nothing.

Yeah I’ve just been scouring the internet looking for any clues as to if this will happen….

looks pretty doubtful, all has gone exceptionally quiet. 9 weeks until August 18th..

nothing on cricket Ireland’s social media or website, same for Indian Cricket website and social media….

• Registered Users Posts: 39,529 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

USA are 198/2 after 36 overs in the first warm up this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Lionel Fusco

Our bowling attack even struggling against these.

288/4 after 47. Only a warm up match tbf. Little has only bowled 6 overs. Barry McCarthy gone for 75/0 from 9 ovs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,680 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

312/6 in the end. Not sure how reliable the individual scoring is on NVplay though, for example McCarthy has changed from 80/0 from 10 overs to 69/1 from 9 overs.

McBrine opened with Stirling, thats a new one to me and got out in first over.

Edit Balbirnie out second over and Ireland 7/2

73/2 now in 13th over

Irish bowling attack really fûckin shît the bed towards the end of the US innings.

240/3 after 43

312/6 after 50 …

72 runs conceded in the last 7 overs vs the US….

should have been chasing around 275/280…. But 312 ? 🤪

lots of singles and dots last few overs. Scored 10 runs in the last 4 overs.

Tector gone… 94/3 from 17.3.

• Advertisement

The bowling from Ireland has really fallen off a cliff in recent times. Even if they were not taking wickets a while back, they were keeping the run rates down generally, but now they are bad at both aspects and also against inferior opposition too. Hopefully they will improve in the week ahead as they won't have too much margin for error.

Hasn’t been a score update on NVPlay or google for over 30 minutes since Stirling got out…

weather is fine so presumably they are playing away.

Ok, working almost an hour later.

142/3 from 23.1

6.37 the RRR….nothing stupid and we should get over the line.

138/3 now in 23rd over

I'd imagine this match is 15-a-side as it's a warm-up game?

The likes of McCarthy and Little aren't on the batting line-up for Ireland even though they bowled so I'd say the whole squad of 15 is playing a part in some shape or form.

Another century for Tector and Ireland need just 56 from the last 11 overs to win the warm-up.

Well copped re the batting line up.

Tector really in flying form.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

This IS preparing - it's a warm-up match FFS. People love a good pile-on in this forum, don't they.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

That's a great run chase by Ireland and plenty to spare in the end.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement