Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your energy bill like?

Options

Comments

I just checked my online account with EI. There's a notice saying that the €200 credit applied on 1st Mar can only be offset against bills after that date. The credit isn't showing on my account though. 🤔

That's definitely strange, and seems like a very unfair way to apply the credit. Bord Gais aren't doing that.

I went online today to submit a reading for my Bord Gais Energy bill as the next one is due out in around 10 days, and the €200 credit for March has already been applied to my balance, putting me in credit for the bill coming.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

€380 this month. I'm renting at the moment. There is the landlord (who works from home) her partner, her son (who doesn't pay anything), another tenant and myself who split the ESB 4 ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Planning to let it be a surprise when the bill comes by post.

Last time it read E535 and I nearly.... until I saw " cr "alongside...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,202 ✭✭✭✭blade1

As of now.

I'm happy enough anyway.

Wonderful blade1!

Last time mine was over E500 credit!

One worry laid to rest for a good while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,202 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Thanks Grace.

It is indeed but like how my life usually goes it's a case of in one hand and out the other.

I knocked something over in my shed last week and to repair it is €1800.

Typical! 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭fits

Turns out our previous bill was estimated and this one is 633. Fully electric house with ev , heat pump etc we are both working full time sO it’s ok

we are on the energia ev rate which is 27 cents day and 9 cent night. I shudder to think what our bills would be like on the standard rates. I hope the energy prices will start to come down soon.

I just swore! If you knew me you would know how strong that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Yes, it's a bizarre condition given the government are paying it.

The credit was only applied yesterday despite the notice saying it was on the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

What rate will you be on when your discount period ends. I'm anticipating a fall of prices from EI,BG, Energia next month it may only be a token gesture but hopefully the first step in the right direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I'm on 39.5c since the 18th of January 24hr rate with BG, it's an 18% retention discount they offered me. I took it because it's the cheapest 24hr around. This time last year I was paying 16c enjoying a 40% discount, they're squeezing us in every direction.

Why? Because some aul fella who's getting free this and free that lets two bills run together and then decides to get a TD to bail him out... My two bills for that period are more than what he's whining about. I'm not on the paper or banging on some TD's door looking for a hand out. Makes my blood boil...

I'll be honest ,I don't have any time for pensioners putting on the poor-mouth either, and I've been lambasted for saying as much before.

But in fairness to this man this occasion - I don't think its two bills together. I thought the same initially, that it was in arrears.

But if you zoom in on the photo of the bill in his hand, you can just make out that the previous balance was zero, meaning it was paid in full. This is one bill.

Though i am very sceptical about his claim that his "horse walker" doesn't run up the power bill. Also, he has two other adults working full time that live with him, his son and daughter-in-law - so there are three incomes coming into that home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭ofcork

Mother got gas bill for 488 estimated rang with meter reading and bill went to 540 at least she 9 euro in credit with electricity.

Still waiting....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

In UK at the moment. £350 last month including a rebate of almost £100! For one month. 2 people in a 1000sqf house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭riddles

My energia discount plan come to an end in April so looks like a big jump.. if you switch supplier can you take account credit with you? If you switch and have a smart metre is it mandatory to activate the smart metre?

Units used is normally around 700 per month seems to be average use 2adukts two kid 4 bed detached adults wfh quite a bit.

Your contract end date 07/04/2023. Current plan EAB €1435.07. New tariff EAB €2269.19. You will continue to receive

your discount on your next bill.

Current discounted unit rate €0.2622, standing charge €0.59 per day, PSO €0.00 per month, VAT charged at 9%. See

CRU.ie for switching information.

This period's transactions

Standing Charge 64 days at €0.59 per day €37.76

844 Units at €0.4444 per Unit €375.07

Your discount for this period €153.78CR

Public Service Obligation Levy - 2 months at €0.00 €0.00

Sub Total before VAT €259.05

VAT on €259.05 at 9% €23.31

Government Electricity Credit - 2 €183.49CR

VAT on €-183.49 at 9% €16.51CR

Total transactions for this period €82.36

A bit too much to sift through tbh, did they offer you a retention deal? No you don't have to go for a smart meter plan when changing providers. Is that 26c price including vat? Be no harm to give them a ring and see what they offer you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I suppose you think Sir Alistair Philips-Davies is a great lad for effortlessly being able to rake in all those millions for himself

• Advertisement

You're an eejit... An eejit who can't read obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Jan Bill - €174 (After Credit)

Feb Bill - €169 (After Credit)

Today is a cold day when you heat now, worry later... and the wind is waking ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭phormium

Perishing here too, fire on and heating on, nothing electric though worth talking about 😄

On such days I retreat to bed with a hot water bottle..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

€345 before Government €200 credit and EI €50 credit.

Net. €95

Bungalow, 2 adults, electric cooking, tumble dryer, immersion, all the usual and no skimping on usage.

Not too bad, all things considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 AvalonEnaid

The last bill was €395.63, todays is €286.07.

Managed to reduce our elec usage with a few smart purchases and changing how we heat the house (aka thicker jerseys)

I am abed and dare not put the heater on lest I get used to the warmth.... lol... When I was in the UK I got into real difficulties in an all electric house and it was only my disability prevented being cut off..I got a vicious letter from them that could give an old wan a heart attack and all they said was " Oh that;s just a little letter we send out.". Any minute now my fingers will refuse to move! But no way will I .....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Electric - €243.75 in credit

Gas - €248.68 due- which is the highest bill we've ever had in this house. It's nuts.

Advertisement