Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your energy bill like?

Options
  • 06-01-2023 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,971 ✭✭✭✭

The winter energy bills are starting to go out now, just got my electric for Nov, Dec. €365 before €200 gov. credit, biggest I ever got. 2 adults, 2 kids, terrace house.

Anyone else get theirs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Jim 77

€637 (€437 after Government credit) for a household of 6 adults. Our largest ever bill euro wise but not our largest bill energy consumption wise. Almost 50c per kWH, it's mad!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Anyone with electric Ireland should have got €50 credit on top of the €200

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

Got gas bill in 578e, bloody huge bill from Electric Ireland, biggest ever! Also cannot gain access to account I cannot reset pin, anyone having issues similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,260 ✭✭✭✭fits

About 600 quid but have 400 in credit. We run an ev and an air source heat pump and all our cooking is electric also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

They can have the postman back or the energy bill back! We are in hostage negotiations here! I'll keep ya updated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Also cannot gain access to account I cannot reset pin, anyone having issues similar?

Logged in this morning, no issues on this end.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭pauly58

Just had the bill from EI, €229.36. Two adults in a timber framed bungalow, oil central heating. That includes a long over night charge for my son's Tesla !

To be honest I was expecting higher, that's for 478 units. It leaves us €38.84 in credit after the credits are taken off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,971 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'm **** it over the gas bill next month to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SCOTT.B

Gas is €680 for the xmas period. Used a bit more heating than last year but last years was €220. Too big a jump!!!

This was Bord Gais with 40% discount.

And we have just changed supplier to 18% discount and higher rates so next years will be nearer €1000. It’s insane, what a rip off but there’s nothing you can do..

Bord gais were offering us a new rate double what i am currently on - (13.44 v 7.39KWH)…can’t imagine the bills with this….

ELECTRICITY is a similar story but at least we get €200 towards that for now…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

It is coloured very decoratively with lots of numerical information, it almost looks like a service command from Battlestar Gallactica. Mainly turqoise hues on black and white, with lines and bold typing.

The rear contains a steadfast hinted and branded colour formation, with similarly placed free numbers and warning signs. It has my name and address written on the top left hand corner.

Disappointing overall, my house feels warm and pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,419 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Are folk not being more conservative with energy usage in the last six months? Not just because of cost but also because of potential blackouts. I know I've cut back considerably, but then I notice neighbours have lights celebrating Christ's birthday festooning their garden that can be seeing from space

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Gas bill arrived on Tuesday and was €312. That's three times the price it was last year for the same usage. I haven't turned on the gas since. Myself and the OH have been wearing thick night gowns and slippers in the house since. I've got a coal and log fire burning in the evenings also.

Post edited by Sgt Hartman on

• Registered Users Posts: 15 studefromtrinners

My bills haven't changed at all either. I love burning coal and log's. Nothing like a roaring fire. And it firing up the chimney. Friend of mine has no fireplace. He bought one of those modern house's with a heat pump. He says it's not the same heat at all. A dry dead heat. While the open fire is a warm soulful heat.

I'll never stop burning coal and log's, I've enough dried timber to get me through the next four winter's + My son's a tree surgeon. So it's rotating all the time. Stacked and rotated according to the season.

Keep on burning that stuff, it's great for the heat. Everyone should be able to have a stove or open fire.

Long live Prometheus.... the god of fire:) carbon's needed for the plants anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

with the government 200 and electric Ireland 50 euro credit, My bill should be covered in full, so free

• Registered Users Posts: 13,260 ✭✭✭✭fits

Yeah it’s terrible being able to stroll around in bare feet comfortably 24/7. No ash to clean. No particulates damaging the lungs.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

My electric was 200 self read as I missed the meter reader. Live alone in a bungalow, So covered by the credit. I've gas heating though so dreading that coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Electricity was a shocker 518, I had the two government payments plus 200 I had paid towards it leaving me with 90 odd credit, unfortunately it's my last bill getting 40% discount from BG. I'm going on to an 18% discount on the 18th which is a unit rate of 39.5c I'm dreading the bill in March tbh, it's really stressing me out😡😡. I think this year will be extremely difficult for people as their high percentage discounts end, I know it will be for me. Hard to believe this time last year I was joining BG @ 16c per unit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

My electricity bill was €290 for December, €360 for November. There's an issue with the heating system 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

925 gas bill for Nov & dec with Energia. Ridiculous. To be fair we had it on about 12 hours a day but that was needed in this house during the cold period.

Eamon Ryan taking 75 quid of that through the carbon tax. I'm sure that will offset the 43 coal powered power plants opening in China over the next few years...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

With the two lots of €200 credit recently I haven't paid anything for my last two electric bills and my account is still €90 in credit. My Energia contract with a hefty 40% discount runs out in a couple of weeks time though so it'll certainly start to go up then unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,369 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Both bills were due last month, electricity was €158 and gas was €254. The next bills will cover the Christmas holiday period so both were used more, but the government credit will cover the electricity so it will even out. I really notice the gas increase moreso than the electricity.

Comparing Electric Ireland's SST plan v's Night Boost, the latter is cheaper across all bands.

Why would anyone choose SST over Night Boost??

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

My family home's electricity bills are just shocking. The most recent bill from EI at end of December was €545. The usage is so high - double the published national average - and always has been. Currently 3 adults (2 elderly) living there, just 2 for most of the week. I don't think there is anything unusual in their usage but bills have always been astronomical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

Elec bill just in, actual readings both ends. 2 months for 251e excluding the Govt credits.

Unit rate is just over 31c after discount.

Family of 6, 1,700 sq ft house. Gas heating and stove in living room.

Happy enough with the bill though it is a big rise on previous years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭allinthehead

☀️ 10.75kwp.

⚡️5kw SunSynk, 5.95kwp SE, 3.2kwp SE, .8kwp NW, .8kwp SW. 15kwh SunSynk BYD Battery.⚡️

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭French Toast

Relatively large bungalow. Built in the last 2 years. Air to water heat pump with underfloor heating and fúck loads of insulation.

We're billed every 2 months. Electric bill was €187 for October and November. Might be a tad higher for December and January as it has been cooler.

It falls to a pittance in the summer time.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭vafankillar

wait, whats the electric ireland 50 euro credit?

• Advertisement

You should have received €50 credit from EI recently. Everyone has.

Advertisement