Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your energy bill like?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Are they per year? (The amount of units you quoted) I'm using 9000 units electricity per year and always base my calculations on that figure, I don't have gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Kalimah

I got my electric bill the other day €317!! The last gas bill a month ago was over €500. No wonder there are so many in arrears.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭sonyvision

Yeah, 3,000 units a year. I have a spreadsheet to track it and update it every month so I know how I'm using it. You must have storage heaters I believe the average house uses about 4,000ish eletric and 12,000 Gas.

No storage heaters, horrible yokes.. That's why energy companies ring me when I try to leave 😆

How are you burning through 9,000 units? EV? Do you have a billiant lights. Looked up your bills they are high! Probably average 3,600 or 4,000 a year

• Advertisement

It's only 25 units a day. Electric shower, phev, washing machine, dishwasher, clothes dryer in the winter, it all adds up😥

220sqm 4 bed t-shape bungalow.

€105 for past 2 months. Solar panels to south east. Need to get some panels on the w/sw facing roof to get evening sun, when kids get home and turn everything on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Not really the right trend here but unless you have a big family that very high.

Do you have a heat pump dryer? That uses less than 2kw for a full load.

Washing machine, is that new or is it 10 years old. I found I bought a 10kg one and it's run less than my previous 7kg so saving energy.

All the small savings make a big difference, even the likes of lights, are they all LED?.

Only reason I would rest easy with those numbers is if your putting in 15kw a day into the car.

Kids...

Games PC with a hungry GPU, cooking, smelly gear needs washing/drying for school tomorrow, and such.

I could be more strict in sticking to doing more during the sunny morning too, to be honest. Too many evening/nightime wash cycles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Liam2021

Just wonder what brand of heaters are those, I am looking for some electric heaters for my house.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I have 3 ATC Sunway RF heaters and they've been perfect so far. Remote control is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭tandcapply

I see that the thread is dying.

Got PV solar installed, South facing, 4.2kwh.

Last bill was 90Euro for Jul-Aug. Half the kwh units used comapred with previous years.

All threads end eventually. It's quiet because people's bills are lower in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Previous bill for July was €160 - still higher than average.

4 bed bungalow - 2 adults and 2 kids

OFCH & Solid Fuel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

I haven't had a bill in 6 months that wasn't in credit, I don't really understand it. Obviously there was the Government credits but I feel like there's an error. I got a bill today for 40 quid now until October, having eaten into the last of the credit. The gas was astronomical at 400 quid but it ate into the credit. I'm dreading my next bill now having to deal with that kind of cost and the potential of being hit with a correction.

The bills aren't easy to read at all for me, with SSE.

Beverly Hills, California

I thought that was for a billing cycle but that is per month???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

July electricity bill for 2 months: €98

August gas bill for 2 months: €32

2 bed end terrace, 2 occupants, 2 PV & 2 thermal panels, A3 rated

Heating is by gas... towel rail run every two days during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭redunited

I must be doing something very wrong, my latest bill was over 800 euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭brokenbad

• Advertisement

JFC that's considered just above average?

I installed solar 2 yers ago and, honestly, have not been paying attention as I pay the standing charge and a small amount of power (currently in credit because of FIT)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Acey10

June and July was 140 electricity . Standard 3 bed, D17 BER. Two occupants. Thought it was OK...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

This winter could land some people with absolute stinkers of bills. Subsidies gone and prices haven't come down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭snowgal

weve just moved house and last occupants had payg pinergy. we were immediately trying to change but ESB cant find old meter in house?? anyway we stuck with pinergy for the month and to date and its working out at €60.60/ 120.10kwh.... Im still not sure whether its good or bad yet! so were letting it go for another month to see. its 3 bed, old house, dont know rating! 2 ppl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Massive gas bills coming soon again. Mine usually starts to tick up around the end of September.

Last year the worst one was the 2 month period Dec/Jan which was €750.

I think in total the gas game to about €1600 for last year. Prices are higher this year so not looking forward to winter gas bills.

Its going to make electricity bills seem like peanuts :) Might have to change to oil.

A neighbor spent €5000 switching to IR heating from oil the year beofre last. Said they got crucified with the cost of it on the bill. I saw how many kwh they were using and it was outrageous. The installer told them then to leave it off in rooms they dont use. They started getting mould up in the corners then. Said the worst thing they ever did was get rid of the oil and change to IR. Called IR snake oil.

Leave the heating down to 6C so it hardly comes on unless there is a danger of frozen pipes and go off on nice long breaks abroad every few weeks. Works out cheaper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Shauna677

€750 was huge for two months, mine for same period was €170, granted i run a stove which heats all of downstairs. However, you must be running the gas for long periods to reach that high amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

€750 for two months? Cannabis grow house?

Get solar panels immediately if that's the normal usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Have solar panels but they dont heat the house in the winter. Have to use gas for that, hence the high gas bills. My electricity bills are actually negative with the solar panels over the entire year even though little generation in winter. Its the gas thats the problem. House is a B BER too.

Here is a better breakdown of the gas bills last year. This doesnt include the standing charge. And solar heats the water instead of the gas. No gas cooking either. Only heating.

Sep €2

Oct €64

Nov €235

Dec €397

Jan €295

Feb €195

Mar €225

Apr €57

May €8

Zero for the rest of the months.

Post edited by DownByTheGarden on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭honda boi

last bill was €407.

Partly my own fault for not realizing my contract with energia expired months before. Was paying around 0.48 per kwh.

Used 815 in this billing period.

2 adults, 3 kids.

Electric shower, washing machine and drier are the biggest eaters here.

Heating is oil. Paid about €460 for 500 liters a month or 2 ago.

No solar panels or anything fancy here.

Swapped electric company at the start of this week so hopefully Autumn winter bills are too bad!

Advertisement