Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TAMS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭alps

I think its only a partnership can applyx2....but I do know a company can go into partnership with one of the directors..

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Sparkles2012

If you just want to apply for a Grant for a Cattle Weighing Scales do you just put in the amount including vat and submit or do i need to get an invoice from a Company to support the Grant?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭dmakc

You will only be paid as much as the grant will allow, so search the item in the TAMS III document and enter that amount given. There's zero point going above the TAMS limit, you can go below (if you're certain what the cost will be) but given TAMS III doesn't reward you for looking for less than the reference cost (whereas TAMS 2 did) I'm not sure of the point in doing so

In the event your item costs less than the reference cost, I suppose you claim on the amount you paid (non-VAT I think and forego the difference to ref cost)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭DBK1

You’d have to apply for something else along with it as well. The minimum amount of any application has to be €2,000. A weighing scales reference cost is around €1,400 so you need another €600 of a spend to be able to make an application.

All amounts have to be ex vat also as you can’t claim the grant on the vat amount.

So if you qualify for a 60% grant and a scales reference cost is €1,400 then the maximum grant amount for a scales is €840. If a scales ends up costing you €2,000 plus vat that’s tough s**t and you still only get €840.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭onrail

I heard someone say that if you apply for the grant for a certain piece of equipment, it's only that piece of equipment that is liable for inspection for a few years afterwards. E.g. if I apply for a grant on a sprayer, would an inspector come nosing through my sheds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,119 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

No. You just apply for an amount. You can't buy the item before you apply. For some things, you can take a chance and go and buy them immediately after applying, but if you don't get approved then that is the end of that as regards grants.

There are three costs:

1) The actual cost of the item that you will pay and that will be on your receipt.

2) The reference cost which is basically what the Dept. say it should cost

3) The amount you apply for

You will get paid on the lowest of the three above.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

High unlikely they d look sideways at anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭onrail

Good to hear. Things are probably grand here, but you'd be fierce paranoid

Tranche 1 application approval process well underway now FYI

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭JohnChadwick

Anyone know what does 'ready for AFIT' status mean on a TAMS application...?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Anyone know an architect or draughtsman around Waterford or south-east in general?

Two local men have left me down and won't answer the phone now.

I need to apply for planning before applying for TAMS on a new slurry tank.

Thanks.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭DBK1

A few posts down on the first page of that thread gives a list of all the abbreviations they use and their meaning.

Looks like you’ve passed all the eligibility checks and are on to the next stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Someone on here gave me a laugh when he replied RASS meant reject application, severe sanctions. I'm sure there's a good one out there AFIT too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

We'd all have to run for the hills if that was the case 😂

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭JohnChadwick

Moved from AFIT to 'Ready for LO Approval' there this week.

Thinking the LO means the Land Oversight committee...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,209 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

ADAIK they are pretty easy to draw up yourself. Look at the planning drawings g requirements.

I think one time they would take straight singlw line drawings with to department of agriculture specifications.

Slava Ukrainii

When inputting TAMS claims for a shed project, do you need certs for companies that supply gates and feed barriers? Or is it just the shed / concrete manufacturers / electricians etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Have a look back at the approval letter it will have a list to the certs required on the 2nd page. Concrete, slats and electrician. Unsure of the shed but it may. Did a crush and replaced slats, and no certs were required for steel work, just the slats and concrete

• Advertisement

thanks yeah I have that in front of me, e.g. below is the certificate list for a slatted/cubicle area and I'm unsure whether some of these may refer to things like feed barriers/gates (potentially cert 6?), steel which goes within concrete etc.

The Shed/Electrician/Concrete suppliers I can get

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Cert 6 would be the structural steel for the shed. Check contact the Shed suppliers or the person who welded the shed. It now needs a CE cert. Cert 5 is galvanising or painting of the shed frame.

A lot of the concrete and stone is I think the pink or blue copies of the delivery dockets. The slats is an NSAi sheet that the suppliers will send you

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭farisfat

Is a calve shed covered under tams

• Registered Users Posts: 18,209 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

It would be paid at the loose housing rate. There is not a calf housing grant as such. Biggest issue is effluent retention within the building. A small tank would help to do that and would be grant aided by the tank grant. There would be no grant for penning it would be in the loose housing allocation

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 45 V6400

Anyone know if the farm safety course has to be done if it’s been over 5 years since doing green cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭PoorFarmer

Anyone get approval yet or any idea on the timeline for approval? Grants are burning a hole in me pocket 😝

• Registered Users Posts: 45 V6400

I got approval a few weeks ago for a LESS application, no option to make a claim yet though.

"It is a condition of the Scheme that where an applicant employs a contractor to carry out some or all of the investments referred to in Appendix A and if the cost of the labour supplied by the contractor is €650 or greater, then the contractor must have a current Tax clearance Certificate Reference Number, Evidence of such certification must be provided online."

I've done a TAMS shed recently which involved a lot of labour between concrete manufacturers and contractors etc. For the above, do I only need tax clearance from contractors like the labourers (building walls etc), or does this also refer to the concrete companies who supply the products?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

Got approval for slurry tanker, how do we actually reclaim the grant, can't see it on agfood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭lmk123

A question for anyone that has gone for a building grant in the past. Can you apply for the grant when you have the Notification of a Decision from the council (normally after 7-8 weeks) or do you have to wait a further month for the “Grant of Permission” . Got planning today but if I have to wait another month it means I won’t get in before the current closing date. Got 2 different answers on this. If anyone has done this / knows the answer could you let me know please.

Advertisement