Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TAMS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭lmk123

Has anyone that applied in the January tranche for a slatted shed heard anything back yet

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

Hi. I got approved for a grass harrow and seeder. Looking at the claims section on agfood in the declarations tab there is a question asking for Evidence of completion of Farm Safety Code of Practice within 5 years of Application date;

Does anyone know if this applies to all applications? and is the evidence they are looking for the risk assessment document template from the HSA. The one we fill out ourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I think its the health and safety course. It ort of the green very but Teagasc and advisors run the course every so often.

You lad has just finished the GC andbis in partnership so we are covered

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭MfMan

Hoping to apply for the slats replacement grant. I have the shed plan done up but am working on the farmyard sketch. Anybody know how accurate this needs to be or why is it needed in the first place? The shed plan shows that the agitation points are external. For anyone that has done this, how did you draw up the farmyard sketch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Is it or should it be allowed to simply print a picture off Google maps showing exactly the layout, without having to sketch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭SodiumCooled

Just a question on the grant eligibility of contractors. I was talking to a shed erector who has done work for us in the past and asked him about pricing a slatted shed (the shed part only). He said he can’t do grant work as he isn’t registered.

What’s the story with this and does it apply to everything? For instance we have someone in mind to dig out the tanks only does he have to be “grant registered” (what ever it actually means? He would only be doing the digging not putting in the tanks.

Anyone can dig it out, keep the receipt. I think for the shed part the main this is that they’re registered for welding / fabrication, a guy that priced mine told me that he will erect the shed but will have to get someone else to sign off on welding / fabrication part.

They can and they cannot. You cannot pay any person who cannot provide a tax clearance certificate more than 2k( that figure is off the top of my head so someone can correct it of its wrong). Most digger work for a shed will exceed that.

If you supply a paid invoice as part of your receipts that is above you lose the complete grant AFAIK.

@SodiumCooled with your shed erector it not that he is not registered its he is not up to date with his tax returns, he cannot supply a C2 certificate

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭DBK1

I’d highly doubt it’s anything to do with tax, it’s more likely because he would need to be CE certified on his welding to be allowed fabricate a grant spec shed as specified in section A.1.1 (the first paragraph!) of S.101 which is the TAMS spec for fabrication of sheds.

A lot of smaller contractors aren’t CE certified as it’s an expensive process so they don’t see it as worth the hassle.

He was talking about a shed erector not a fabricator. There is a good few of both out there. The main catch with lads doing grant work is the C2 certificate. Often there tax affairs will only be a few months out of date but they are unwilling to guarantee that there affairs will be up to date when you require the cert.

If the CE was the issue he could source the shed to that spec and erect but as often as not he will not.

AFAIK there is no CE cert required to dig the hole in the ground so I'm the casebof a machinery drive it the tax cert completely that is the issue

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭zetor 4911

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭SodiumCooled

Thanks for the comments, I don’t think myself it’s a tax return issue - this person employs 2 people and issued VAT receipts for other work he has done for us. He specifically said he can’t do grant work as he isn’t registered and doesn’t want to bother as he has more than enough work without it. We have someone else for the shed part anyway so was only mentioning this to help explain my other question.

It sounds more like something being described by DBK1 so not sure really. He fabricates the sheds also as far as I know.

What do I need to ask the digger driver to make sure we aren’t caught out? I know he is VAT registered as he did the ground works on my site and there was VAT paid but he didn’t issue an invoice for that work (nor did I ask).

There’s not too many shed erectors that don’t fabricate sheds as well. I genuinely can’t think of one when I think of all the lads at sheds around here anyway.

There is plenty of them that can’t do grant sheds though as they aren’t CE certified.

It’s a bit unfair to be accusing lads of not being tax compliant because they turn down work on a grant shed when in the vast majority of cases it’s the CE cert that’s the issue.

I’m not saying what you're saying isn’t possible but it’s a lot less likely scenario.

The only thing you need a CE cert for is the fabrication of the shed.

After that all anyone doing any aspect of the labour needs to be able to give you is a vat invoice and a tax clearance cert when it’s time to claim your grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭MfMan

That's what I don't know. What I may do is draw up a fairly rudimentary sketch and include the Google map snip also. Maybe if worst goes to worst, they will return it looking for more info. rather than rejecting it outright.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭johnnyw20

is it possible to get tams on a machine that you have to finance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

I asked the question from Tams and was told no.

Now if the invoice from the supplier of said machine didn’t mention it was on finance might you get away with it? Maybe. Not sure if Tams can ask for proof of payment evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭6600

Just put in a query to the Department TAMS section as to when they expect to start paying the TAMS 3 grants.

June 2024 came back the answer. That's ok sure I only applied in June 2023! Its been approved since December.

Wonder what would happen if I took 12 months to register a calf!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

It is possible but it can be on lease or hire purchase. The only way is a term loan. The reason for this is with leasing or hire purchase the machine is not in your ownership. If it's a loan the machine is yours but the loan is to you. It comes down to title. Imagine a slatted shed, most farmers would need a loan for it, but the shed would not be on HP

I did it with tams2 for a slurry tank. 2 loans were taken out, a term loan for the value of the machine after the grant and a bridging loan for the grant amount. The bridging loan was paid back in less than 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭zetor 4911

They can request bank statement showing the payment coming out of your account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Tileman

yes if you have an inspection they will look to see bank statements showing the payment to the supplier.

When I built my shed a few years ago a few of lads didn’t want to know about it as they didn’t have papers to CE it.

Also digger man gave a vat receipt but when I submitted it he did t have a valid tax clearance .he has to update his vat payments before it was issued and I could be paid.
    Tams is allot of hassle and if ure not getting vat back and 60% im not sure its worth it as most contractors add a bit to it aswell

When I built my last shed the tax clearance was the one you had to watch. If he did not have it you did not pay. There must be a reason that the department insist on it as part of the grant application. However it has straightened out somewhat because other entities in construction insist before paying you as they have to withhold a percentage for revenue (RCT)if you are not compliant.

Strictly speaking you do not need a vat invoice, a non vat contractor or machinery driver can do the work however its unlikely he will be cheaper than the ex vat price

If he gives you a vat receipt , has a valid TCC at the time of invoicing and the payment leaving the bank AFAIK you are compliant

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 42 V6400

you’re lucky got an answer. I asked last week and was just told they couldn’t give me an answer in the same week they’re asking banks to go easy on lads with loans and allow over drafts etc. lads mightn’t need them as much if department paid up in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

Just checked my tams LESS application there on agfood and it say its " Ready for LO checking"..anyone know what exactly that means?

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭dmakc

Standard next step of process it's been assigned to your local office to handle from here. They'd normally throw out a few queries but with the simplicity of a LESS application I imagine they'll process it without query, speed at which they do so is the big question

• Registered Users Posts: 42 V6400

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭6600

tamsdocs@agriculture.gov.ie

tams@agriculture.gov.ie

I tried ringing, on hold for 15 mins pressing 1 every so often or it sends you to a full voicemail. Finally got through and was hung up on by someone on a switchboard who wouldn't put me through to the TAMS section. Emailed two addresses (above) I got on the website and got a reply an hour later, "Payments for TAMS 3 will commence in June 2024, Regards…" and

"The Minister has prioritised the approvals of Tranche 1 and Tranche 2 before payments are to be processed. This is because both approvals and claims are processed by technical staff in the local offices. Hopefully it will not be too much longer"

I don't know what is happening in DAFM but they seem to be on a major go-slow. I replaced units in the parlour in Jan-22 and the grant was paid in less than a month.

Since I applied for the TAMS 3 grant in June last year I've put in four VAT58 claims and all paid in weeks with no issues from Revenue. I think all the press about the VAT issues is a bit of a red herring. I haven't seen a line written anywhere highlighting the delays with these grants. At this stage its a pity TAMS exists at all because all it seems to do is increase the price of anything grant-aided, so its a subsidy to the manufacturers realistically.

Its only a small item I applied for this time but if it was two year ago with the parlour I would have been under pressure.

did anyone here apply for a grant for a shed in the tranche that finished in January? Have ye heard anything back, I applied for a grant for a shed in the tranche that closed last Friday, am I being delusional thinking that I might get building it during the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭dmakc

Given that they're still finishing off tranche 1 approvals. Tranche 2 will probably take another 3 months then Tranche 3 which closed Friday is likely 4-6 months from approval and that's excluding queries in my view anyway. Keep an eye on their approvals tracker on the dept website

• Advertisement

yeah I’ll keep an eye on that, that could be the end of it so for another year, some joke how long it’s taking

Advertisement