Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TAMS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Under a certain size dependant on the sq metres of existing sheds that are in the yard. Worthwhile having a chat off the record with someone in planning. For Tams its either planning or a letter from the council stating you have an exempt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭cute geoge

For tams3 would you need pp for a concrete silage slab for bales where a hardcore base for bales is already present

Here is the full list. Have a look at the spreadsheet in the link and it will show what needs planning or not. If you plan on storing the bales 3 high it becomes a silage slab and will need channels

https://www.gov.ie/en/service/4255c-targeted-agricultural-modernisation-scheme-3-tams-3/#

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭onrail

Hi Folks. If I was to apply for new wiring/electrics for an old shed (30-40 years built), would I need planning permission, or declaration of exemption for the for the shed? My advisor cant give me a straight answer. I've another newer shed in the yard also that is <5 years built.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭lmk123

You definitely don’t need planning to wire a shed, I looked into this before and got an electrician out to have a look, wasn’t worth my while going through the grant because I would have had to get a new connection from the esb for the farmyard, there’s a tread on this somewhere from February / March about this grant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭epfff

When is the closing date for current tams?

When can we expect to get approval?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭alps

TAMS approval is a mystery. Approvals for the one that closed in May(?) still haven't been processed. It's likely the current one cant close until the earlier one is approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

McConalogue announced months ago that all valid/eligible applications would be approved for Tranche 1 ........... and yet they still can't get their act together.

Solar TAMS is expected shortly. We've put in for it. ESB were out during the week to survey. We've put in for 25 or 27 kw system looking for a 15/16kw export capacity. He reckons we'll end up with 11kw This seems to be based on the cable capacity from the transformer to the meter. My concern then was that out project would have to reduce in size to suit, but he assured that this was not the case. Time will tell..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Can you export if you go the TAMS route? What size of shed roof space are you intending

• Advertisement

130m² for 26kw..

You have to hook up for export with TAMS but the amount we'll export will be negligible...a few hundred euros per year..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,074 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Big problem with exporting back to the grid is the state and shortcomings of the national grid …..just not set up for anywhere near the capacity we could export back …..my milk supplier is currently putting a plan together for a 13 acre solar farm ….has planning to get through and then grid issues but shouldn’t be much hassle there as plant will easily take what’s generated

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭bt12

Thinking of upgrading crush , want to put it inside can grant be got this, grants says unroofed structure? Is trance still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Anybody know the whether you need to be in a partnership to apply X2 for TAMS or is a limited company with both people as directors enough?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭limo_100

Hi Lads thinking of putting in a road way on the farm I was thinking to do it in sections and apply for the grant for the first part of it soon and get the work done as soon as possible this year just add some 6inch down would make a good roadway just to get machinery up and down. Anyone done this?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭locha

Do you need to go for planning permission for the road to be eligible for the grant?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭dmakc

Yes roads need Planning permission

• Registered Users Posts: 8,744 ✭✭✭893bet

And no doubt there is a specification on what build up is needed ie more than just adding a bit of 6 inch down.

That's riduolous sure its going in the middle of no where

I was looking for the spec but I can't find it anywhere if anyone knows it?

• Advertisement

Above it spec for roads. All material used that comes from outside the farm will require certs. You are looking at approx 225 mm of depth of full and 50mm of blinding. All to be compacted with a vibrating roller

Presume if planning is needed to accompany a TAMS application (eg roads or a shed), we'd be too late thinking about it now?

Planning or planning exemption is needed for a larger number of items. Have a look at the attached link and view the spreadsheet, it will break down whether planning is needed and what specification document to follow

All the ducks have to be in a row before applying for the grant and then its wait until you have approval. For anybody thinking of a tank or shed for next year, it's going to be tight to get planning sorted and waiting then for tams approval, it could be winter 2025 before cattle would see the shed

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭anfieldrd

Any sign of approvals coming? Joke at this stage

Supposing it takes say 3 or 4 months to get planning approval, is TAMS likely to be closed for applications by March or April?

Tams3 is all over the shop, there has been no approvals issued for the the 1st tranche and the 2nd tranche is still open. Its taking time to get through these on the ranking scheme. Any that don't make it will be rolled over to the next tranche and thus slow it down. When tranche 3 closes now that is a question that is in the same league of having the lotto numbers for Wednesday night

Planning for anything with a tank has really slowed down due to a Mr not so Sweetman. Banking on getting planning for a tank in 3-4 months is risky as a crowd has slowed it down and taking approvals to An Bord Pleanala. If you are thinking of doing a tank, have a good chat with a planner in the area that does a lot for agriwork and judge the lie of the land.

The deadlines for the coming completion of work from approval have tightened greatly to 6months and 1year depending on the type of work

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

I’m slowly getting used to the idea that I won’t have planning/TAMS sorted before I need to start a new slurry tank. It’s needed in about 12 months time.

I’ll still try to get TAMS sorted but it’s a sad state of affairs when you need to start over a year in advance to avail of a Govt grant.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭dmakc

There is no ranking scheme for Tranche 1, all will be approved provided they pass "eligibility" checks. Ranking scheme will return for Tranche 2 I imagine.

I've a couple things in and they've called me to clarify maps etc so they're slowly getting there now but still a joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭lmk123

Lads I was talking to a man today that applied for a TAMS grant for a shed last July, his advisor told him yesterday that he heard the current Tranche won’t close until mid February, did any of you hear any rumours about the closing date, I’m supposed to get an answer on planning in Mid January so it might work out good, just want to have everything else sorted so I’ll get my application in if the above date is correct

Advertisement