Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Actually no that’s after grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,845 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

GTX of the tourer announced (but not the saloon???)

Looks cool, I like the illuminated logos. Hopefully there's an after market version to fit to the ID.4

Keys specs are the same as the ID.4/5 GTX

The interior looks a bit crap in those colours IMO, the seats look like they have Aldi brand covers on them

Also ID.3 GTX announced the in the same video

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭PaulRyan97

Specs aren't exactly the same, this is getting the 86kWh battery rather than the 77kWh as standard from what I read.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Cork981

Took one of these for a test drive today, lovely car feels very premium.

Do the massage seats come standard in the Pro plus which is the only spec available IE ?

It looks like the top spec seats are an option with the Interior Package Plus for around €2,500 extra

The standard seats also have massage, although it's hard to tell if they're the new gentle massage or the old Helga massage the current ID cars have.

I was never a fan, but the misso likes it (cue some jokes 🤣)

It's worth asking the dealership which one the car you tested has

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Mouseycon

Dealers seem to struggle on the exact ID.7 specifications so they might not even know which exact seats it will come with. It was only when I registered my VIN on the VW website/app before delivery that I found out my ID.7 actually had a heat pump as it wasn't on the spec the dealer went through with me. Its probably because mine is a"1st" As for the heat pump itself I wouldn't bother adding it if I had to pay for it.

I'd say there'll be a few deals to be had next January when dealerships are trying to get rid of their 241 cars

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Love the look of this and loving the positive reviews. Price is still a problem though. 50-60k for a family estate?! I guess I will buy one three years old at around 30k.

In the meantime, Chinese cars will wipe the floor clean, once again (unless EU brings in law to stop that flow).

Well it's worth remembering the Skoda Superb estate is starting from €48k at the moment, so in that context the ID.7 Tourer doesn't seem so bad

It does actually have a lower spec than the saloon, hence the lower price. Battery Life on YouTube did a good comparison

I agree, a used one in a couple of years might be a good deal. I suspect there'll be a few dealership models being gotten rid of next year. Probably won't be going for €30k, but still could be a bargain for a relatively new car

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

Charging curve hovered around 140kW from 11-55% SOC, by around 60% it dropped to 110kW and now heading for 70% it’s just over 90kW. I did precondition for around 15 mins but it needed a further 33 mins according to the car. Using a 150kW charger.

At 90% it’s getting 53kW. Not bad at all. Mid charge, 18 mins for 100kms ish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Mouseycon

I'm looking forward to your review and thoughts on the ID.7 Mark. I have my ID.7 for 2 months now and I absolutely love it so far. It's not perfect and was expensive but lots to like for a first EV.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Thanks Mark. Based on the figures on the dash, the car has a range of about 420km if it's at 378km at 90%. Is that what you were expecting based on recent driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

Yeah and a huge proportion of that has been motorway. Covered 900kms in it in the last 24 hours, very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Sorry I commented *without seeing* later comments.

Post edited by Old diesel on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Meanwhile during the recent What Car Winter range test.

The ID7 results were

With heat pump

268 miles range with 3.5 miles per kwh efficiency.

Without heat pump

254 miles with 3.3 miles per kwh efficiency.

Heat pump ID7 came third in the test for range.

The Merc EQE with 300 miles and the Tesla Model 3 long range with 293 miles beat it.

Teslas efficiency was the best of all of the cars on test at 3.9 miles per kwh.....

Edited again after seeing later comments

So a bit of math...

Heat pump costs €1,256

Gains 0.2 miles per kWh

Works out to about 1kWh/100km saved

Assuming Ionity prices of 73c/kWh, it'll take 1,720kWh or 172,000km to pay for the heat pump

What a f**king rip off, should be part of the standard equipment 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Mad_Lad

You mean 82 Kwh and 77 Kwh available ? well the id 3/4 only had 73 Kwh available out of 82.

Heat pump is not necessary either way, they could make it standard or not but in reality not many would be driving so far that it would even make a difference.

No it's a larger pack, 92kWh gross, 86kWh usable.

Bjorn was testing one recently which seemed to do some thermal scavenging of the battery when it was getting hot

That would be pretty handy for cold motorway trips and is presumably only enabled by the heat pump

I reckon the heat pump should just be standard, doesn't make any sense as a €1,200 extra

• Advertisement

I don't know, wouldn't bother me either way, I'd rather switches and knobs ffs, good ergonomics would have been far better to me.

HP is just more crap to go wrong.

I'm 2.5 years and my fogged up headlight still isn't resolved. I don't expect it to be either. Expensive matrix headlight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Saw one of these things in the flesh earlier. Fairly nonplussed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Sat into one of them today for the first time. I was pretty impressed. I knew it was going to be big but it felt more roomy than I thought it would. Big machine.

I don't get the impression the dealer is getting much interest in them at the moment. Further price cuts later in the year perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Looks like VW may have missed the boat with the ID.7. If they drop prices by too much, they could just end up stealing ID.4/ID.5 customers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

That's a fair point. What surprised me most was that they didn't even have one in the showroom. Sat into one of the cars that a dealer was driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Some main dealers don’t seem that interested in trying to sell new EV’s at the moment. A lot of them have overpriced used EV stock that they cannot shift.

That's what I was thinking, they seem to have a few ID4's in stock that they want to get rid of. They were a bit surprised I was even asking about the ID7.

The dealers here took a massive hit from the depreciation. They paid full price for their stock and now have to sell them for below cost as per Volkswagens rules. They're not being compensated. Even small VW dealers could have lost upwards of a million euro on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭fits

the car companies only have themselves to blame raising prices the way they did. It was crazy stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

i enquired last week about trading my id4 gtx against a id7 and the dealer said he'd look at it and never got back to me.. id say not a hope the numbers would stack up.. a year left on my pcp

Advertisement