Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭mun1

M3 is same external/internal dimension/weight as MY bar height . I only quoted MY stats as i drive one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,311 ✭✭✭✭ted1

2 different styles of car., the 7 is comparable to the 3 or s

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭TOLLOT

was passing Divanes in Kerry around new year . They had a black one . They are handsome .

the garage was closed that day unfortunately, but you coujd walk around it .

i was wondering if there is no heat pump , does that mean no battery preconditioning, and therefore poor fast charging speeds on a day like today at say Ionity Kildare ?

we’ll probably get the answer on you tube soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭pad199207

They said March/April. They were trying to get me to go for an updated ID 4 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭PaulRyan97

I was told February delivery if you don't get any options other than paint.

April for everything else. They're still waiting on VW Ireland to give the actual options pricing but I think maxed out it should come it at around 68k.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭n.d.os

It's great to see VW putting the effort in to reduce the price of its cars. If the public are pushed too hard with very high monthlies, it'll just lead to problems for the car market in the long run. We paid 52k and 57k for both of our EVs, we are stretched and already thinking about keeping one of them well past it's PCP. The thought of shelling out 65k for an equivalent sized car in a year or two just won't cut it so at least customers can feel a little bit confident again that they are getting value for money buying a new car. I walked away from the VW group with my most recent purchase because I just thought their cars were getting too expensive for what you get and their Apr rates were too high. They've fixed both of these issues and I think we have Tesla and the Chinese car makers to thank for this.

Can I ask, what did they change about the ID7 to bring it down in price? They must have done something? Was there perhaps a heat pump as standard and they removed it for Ireland? Let's be honest, it's an electric Passat with material seats, improved from the outgoing model no matter what way you look at it. It might be better than the ID4/5 but there was no way people were going to pay a base price of 70k for one. Look at the ID Buzz. None on the road because it was/is too too expensive for what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭pad199207

Yeah I wanted the blue stitching on the seats and the bigger wheels. They were on the car I test drove and they said they don’t come with the launch models and would bring it over the 60k threshold ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭joe1303l

It might make more sense to upgrade the wheels as a retrofit. No point loosing out on the €3500 grant over opting for different wheels. The novelty of blue stitching on the seats will probably wear off also.

Can I ask, what did they change about the ID7 to bring it down in price? They must have done something? Was there perhaps a heat pump as standard and they removed it for Ireland? Let's be honest, it's an electric Passat with material seats, improved from the outgoing model no matter what way you look at it.

They didn't remove a thing. The just gave it a price cut. Previously it started at €69k and went up to €78k with options. Heat pump is an option and was always listed as one. From speaking to dealers not one had received any interest in the ID.7 at the original price to the point where they had to complain to corporate.

As for it being an electric Passat, that's not really accurate. The car is huge, near E segment. It's an electric Arteon (which it's actually larger then). The market for smaller saloons isn't really there but large upmarket ones still hold their own.

• Advertisement

Fleet car sales must be the target market here for VW. Not sure it will be a volume seller though. The Arteon struggled to sell here and a big saloon with a VW badge might be no different. Remember the Phaeton.

It will definitely sell in much lower volume than the ID.4 but it shouldn't be a complete flop. I'm planning on ordering one myself so that's at least one sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,268 ✭✭✭✭fits

I’d be more tempted if it was smaller.

Probably needs a bigger battery and a heat pump as standard to differentiate it from the likes of the ID.4, Enyaq etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭n.d.os

On your point about it being an electric Arteon, I get that but cars are getting bigger and the Arteon wasn't a volume seller. I would assume the ID7 is a replacement for both cars. The ID4 is bigger than the outgoing Tiguan but sells to the same type/level of customer albeit one is ice and the other is electric.

The ID7 will sell between 55-65k to company car owners. In today's economy that's really where I would place an "electric Passat."

I'm still waiting on a proper facelifted ID4. I'm surprised there has been no word or sight of an updated exterior. Maybe later this year they will announce it but it's due when you consider that historically VW update their best selling cars after 4 years with a mild facelift.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

I'm going to have a test drive of one of these next Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭cannco253

VW Id.7 and Tesla Model Y LR AWD - Who has less consumption?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I sat in one of these today. Nice, but underwhelming.

Premium-ish but no wow factor at all.

Don't like the look of the back of the car when viewing from the side.

I've decided my next car will have some commonly used features to be controllable by some physical buttons, and this doesn't have any. Interior decent apart from lack of buttons, the minimalist look still isn't doing it for me

Updated pricelist is up. If you get every single option it'll run you about 68.5k.

Madness, for very little more you’d have a Merc EQE with an 89KWH battery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Smouse156

Are they (EQE) even selling with their ultra slow acceleration?

They aren't selling because they don't look very well and are overpriced, acceleration is plenty good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭FaaF

I wonder has anyone ever ticked every option available on a vehicle from the VW/Audi group, ICE or otherwise? 😁

Only on a configurator! Even still, some of them I wouldnt want even if they were free, never mind adding thousands to the price every time you select something

Is any manufacturer out there going to launch an affordable EV wagon/estate? That isn’t like a battle tank. Anyone?

No im not getting an mg5

Can't see one on the horizon for Ireland, they don't sell.

A6 Etron avant is on the way but it's going to be very expensive. But not as expensive as once thought. Looks beautiful if concept stays true to reality

It's delayed anyway unfortunately

Hard to know if they’ll sell as there’s nothing available! Everything’s a bloody crossover

PCP is up on our ID.3 Tour this year. Brilliant car but we want something slightly bigger mainly in boot.

There is nothing on the market that is hitting the mark for us. Nothing.

There just seems to be compact cars and SUVs and very little in the way of practical cars in between. Despite all the negative SUV talk. What are they doing?

You (and I) are in the minority wanting that. The id4 caters to most people, although I agree with you that an estate would be more desirable.

• Advertisement

The next car we get ideally Id like to buy and hold for ten years. We are so gonna end up with an ID.4 that is much less streamlined and efficient than I want. That’s going to matter more and more. Or a Tesla 3. Or hold on to id.3 until the Audi/bmw/vw wagons become affordable for us.

Advertisement