Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭PaulRyan97

The base EQE starts at 83k so it's an additional 15k versus a specced out ID.7. That seems about right.

Apparently quite a few orders have been received already for these, especially since the price cuts. Mostly an older male demographic from the sounds of it, those switching from Arteon's and Passat's mainly but also people who wouldn't usually order Volkswagen.

Not much competition in the non-luxury executive saloon EV market I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mouseycon

I was going to go for an ID.4, but the ID.7 is such an upgrade in interior quality and tech that I changed my mind after driving both. I don't have the ID.7 long enough to mention the range etc. but really happy with it so far as my 1st EV. I managed to get one just in stock a week after the test drive. I'm hoping at 60k, it has already had the reduction from the initial proposed pricing, but who knows, I have not gone into it blind and it will be factored into how long I keep it. Back to a saloon I must be getting old ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Not anymore, they must have had a well overdue price adjustment. A base EQE is not that basic, not to mention battery size.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/35658615

Mercedes-Benz EQE EQE 300 A/T

• Registered Users Posts: 23,312 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I wish Merc styled that exterior a bit better, I'd be considering buying my first ever Mercedes Benz if that was the case. I'm a big fan of that interior. And I've had plenty of bmw and Audi now I want a Merc. Must be getting old.

3 belts but that middle seat isn’t a full seat. Look at it compared to the seats either side.

That's standard enough to have middle seat as the poor relation, especially when the outer ones are a bit sculpted.

…..

• Advertisement

Doesn't make it a 2 seater at all. Those outside back seats would be more like front seat comfort and the middle one just not as good. But you'll get 3 there as well as any other car.

Tell you what , put my three kids in the back drive 100km listening to them argue about who gets the “middle seat” and come back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,269 ✭✭✭✭fits

was just looking at the spec there. All looks good until you get to technical specs. . This car is 2600kg. Holy crap! And yet it’s supposed to be more efficient than the 1800kg ID.3? Doesn’t add up.

Are you sure? That's fat Etron weight. And much more than id4 etc

I would have thought 2100kgs or so

Are you sure that's not some figure including fully laden with 5 passengers?

Here you go.

Just watched a video comparing with model 3 and seal and consumption is way higher. Drag coefficient is good but if thats the weight ….

Here’s data for Tesla.

so gross weight is different to unladen weight. But quite a difference

Unladen weight of ID.7 is 2172kg. Not as bad then but still very heavy.

Standard fare for an upmarket/executive saloon car. If you need individual rear seating, you need a people carrier or similar mammy wagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭Casati

Humm I think it’s a lovely design and like most Merc designs will age well. The fact that it’s a lot cheaper than a new C2220d is a big deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭creedp

Id say some kids are more cosseted than others. I find a regular stfu and an in stereo volume works wonders😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Smouse156

Just not worth buying Mercedes in Ireland. Too marked up relative to BMW/Audi. Price gap is much bigger than in UK, especially for nice non paddy spec models, although most are paddy spec.

Their sales are down in 2023 on overpricing and they’re only hope is to remove the dealer model and do direct to customer sales.

Might be like the BMW e60, I hated it when it came out but bought a lovely msports one a few years later. In msport they still look decent today

Finally managed to take one for a test drive today. Lovely car, very comfortable ride, really disguises it's length quite well.

It's definitely not the fastest thing off the line but more than good enough for the vast majority of drivers.

I did a 22km loop on a dual carriageway, speed restrictions varying from 60-100km/h, moderate hill, up about 150m elevation but that got cancelled out by the downhill portion. Weather wasn't great, raining and about 10°c, AC on to 18°c.

It managed 19.2kWh/100km so about a 400km range under those conditions. Bit of a difference from the 575km it was estimating from it's 97% SoC. I imagine 500km+ should be achievable in the Summer.

I'm wondering if anyone else on here has an ID.7 yet as I haven't actually seen another out in the wild since I got mine. Economy wise I'm typically about 19 to 20kWh/100km and I have managed 14kWh/100 on a 40km trip a few times mostly downhill and in town with decent conditions. I came from a Tiguan automatic that I loved and I did think I would struggle with the length of the ID.7 but the parking cameras have made the transition back to a saloon a lot easier than I thought and now it feels normal. I find the turning circle great for such a long car. The only dislike so far is the climate control for the dash vents via the information system although the voice control helps here and I tend to pre heat and switch off once driving. I do miss a back wiper but it does clear quickly so not a big deal but more a habit from the Tiguan. The seats are great and the heat and massage functions are excellent. It's a really nice place to be in. If anyone is thinking of ordering and has any questions feel free to ask. I did have issues changing insurance as it wasn't on the car list with my provider but they did sort me out. I have found the search for accessories like a boot cover/mat and replacement wipers a challenge as none of the usual sites have the ID.7 listed yet so difficult for me personally to find the correct size but I havent really searched too hard yet. (VW always supplies crap wipers. I have swapped to Bosch on my last 3 VW's as soon as possible). I had auto dim on my Tiguan headlights but not full IQ lighting and I am still not sure if I prefer the actual IQ lights on the ID.7 yet although I used to get flashed a lot more by oncoming cars in the Tiguan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Nice write up 👍

I had a very brief spin in one a few weeks ago and was quite impressed.

The IQ Lights on the VW range are fantastic, the tech in them is really impressive. Just drive on with your “full beams” on and it figures it out. I expect you were flashed more in the Tiguan because that car had the much more basic “high beam assist” which just auto-dims your main beams. My experience with that system though is that it was very late dimming the lights, hence the flashing.

Thanks JoeA3 👍 I hope it helps people as I do love the ID.7 but its not perfect and it is good to share positives and negatives and some of the on the fence opinions. I am getting used to the IQ lights its more a 1st world comment and not a complaint 😄 I do think the full beam was brighter on the Tiguan possibly due to the additional height but no issue at all it is really cool how the IQ tech works even on roads with loads of twists and turns. I forgot to mention the heads up display is excellent too. To be fair I only test drove an ID.4 and an ID.7, so I can't compare to any other EV brand, and I am sure the BYD Seal and M3/MY are excellent too. I am sure I am like a lot of people as it was easier to trade a VW for a VW as I have no interest or time to sell private.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

i have the iq lights on my id4 and get flashed a lot.. the tiguan just dimmed the lights which honestly i think might have been a better system.. the lights are great but i just think drivers dont 'believe' you have dimmed the lights when they meet you..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,926 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

The tourer just dropped, looks like a beauty

Slightly less capacity than the Passat (1714 litres Vs 1920) which I suspect is down to the move curved back and also the motor under the boot

Otherwise specs are largely the same as the saloon. 86kWh version has a WLTP range of 685km, probably more like 500km in real life in summer

IDA also has ChatGPT now, so can misunderstand you in new and better ways

It can also tow, and presumably the roof rails are functional

Fully equipped for camping in France 😁

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement

If one can afford it ! Looks nice all the same.

Advertisement