Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society 2023 (Round 1) Corballis (18th Feb @11:50am) *4club

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

That is not me, I was wearing blue trousers. I think that might @LinoRichie, also I don't have that good backswing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Hybrid, 8iron, 58degree wedge, Putter

Only getting to type up my thoughts from last weekend now, been a hectic week!!

Must say I really enjoyed the 4 club challenge, clubs were perfect for some holes but miles out on others. From lack of practice & playing, I was shocking bad with my hybrid off the tee until I got into the back 9, really restricted any chance of scoring. I duffed a few chips as well which didn’t help - on the 11th, a hole I really don’t like, I hit an 8 iron and thought I’m too far right but if you went up and placed the ball on the fairway it wouldn’t have been in a better spot, 70m from the pin!! What did I do - chunked a chip onto the bunker!!! Was thinking I’m fine, I brought a LW, nope, 2 to fry out and a scratch. After bringing the lw just in case - this was the only bunker I was in all day. Typical.

Still, a very enjoyable start to the year, congratulations to all the deserved winners, past captains were well represented!! Many thanks to my playing partners who had to witness some of the muck I played but you’ll get used to it!!

Last word, for anyone sitting in the fence about coming, do it. Come along. With a few days to go we had a spare line which to be fair, we gave back to the club, and one free spot so I invited one of the new lads at work to make sure we filled all lines. Then we see we had a new person looking to come and no room for them. Book early, get your slot and enjoy the day out. We’re all golfers after all !!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Forgot i had this. Space doing his best to get out of a lovely lie, and eagle eyed viewers may see Token's ball flying over the green in behind him 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Probably shoulda closed the face a bit more and followed through 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭token56

I didn't think I would have to relieve the embarrassment of that hole again 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭willabur

when the wind blows its a tough tough hole to play, always right into the teeth of the wind, even if you bail out right its really hard to hold the green as it all slopes down toward the lake so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

yes, I bailed out right and had to chip over onto a downslope. With 4 clubs, my wedge was a lower loft than regular so literally no way to stop it going into the water 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I actually hit a good strike for distance with mine and was a nice little cut I'm terms of shape.

Only problem was a pulled it left by about 10-15 yards, so couldn't make it back and trickled down so it was sitting under about 2 inches of water.

Interesting to watch the reply and show how it popped out for me alright...too much loft alright Seve.

Only had the 50 with me, so had it laid fairly open and tried to hit it a little like a bunker shot. Lesson learned for the next time I have to hit a ball out of water 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭scubapro

Time flies, big thank you to the committee and special thanks to Mick for the great schedule, really enjoyed playing Corballis with a sound bunch of lads, yes even fix was sound!!!

Not played much but really enjoyed the golf and looking forward to getting to play some quality courses.

It was good to catch up with some of the old school fellas, a little greyer but still as avid, big shout for CharlieIRL and his invaluable info on EV's, see ya in Rosslare.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Great to see ya back dude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Any other old timers we should target to come back ...even if flash lads like him above ?

3 putt

Paulos

?

Advertisement