Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,423 ✭✭✭jj880

Thats a pain. Started out using a hydrant on the end of a spear myself as thought it would be faster. It did work but was too slow so used the expected method.

Infuriating sludge though! Completed the other temples no problem but need to go cook up some health, speed and mighty banana skewers.

Ive read if you upgrade the wing suit you take no fall damage. That would be handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

2 domains down.

Is it 10 days you have to wait before you can see your play time? Though probably better not to look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Not sure... But I did get the hero's path last night which shows a max of about 250 hours of play... Goes to show I do a lot of straight-line travel and less wandering.

I'll never find all 1000 koroks at this rate!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oof I had forgotten how frustrating the lightning can be. Yes it's "realistic" but coming out of a shrine, only to get instantly zapped while I fumbled with my equipment, was a PITA.

No interest in the Main Quest, have just gone off pottering, looking at the first map revealed for any curious shapes on the map. That's a good part of the exploration; a casual way to encourage some wanderlust without ramming it home.

Was thinking about something somebody said about the destructible weapons: that unlike Skyrim there's no anxiety based hoarding of weapons, never sure what to use . I can kinda see the thinking now; I'm not worrying about what I have, or trying to keep it. by all accounts I'm trying to play around my prior hate for breaking weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

At the water temple place, thought I was doing well with ten hearts and decent enough armour for the hours I've put in.

Still getting one shotted by any of the constructs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Yeah, finding even the more basic mooks are super punishing on the slightest dropped blocks, parries and miscalculations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Yea it's not the number of hearts but the armor upgrades that will save you.

Get working on those great fairy locations and you'll take significantly less damage.

I finished the water temple yesterday with ease. Have done wind, lightning and water. I've not even been to Goron city yet once. I'm gonna save that one for later.

Sidon's power you get is a bit crap so far tbh. I'm sure there'll be a use. But the Lightning and wind powers are much more useful.

You'd miss Revali's gale and Mipha's grace though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

In fairness none of the fairies are open yet. Must get on reforming the band. I liked it better when you could just throw 100 rupees at them.

Post edited by RainInSummer on

I need this. What you reckon is best for defence? soldier armour?

Tbh I'm just working on the Climbing gear and the flight suit. The suit bonus is worth it and the defence will be decent on most when upgraded.

The Tunic of the wild set Was the best in the last game fully upgraded. I've only found one bit of it though

• Advertisement

Faced off against a couple of Gleeoks for the craic. Got ice down to a quarter health once. Lightning wasn't even close. Died a lot.

Wind and water done and unlocked the 4 locks in lightning temple. Also just have 2 glyphs/memories to get. Will go for them tonight after the lightning boss fight.

I've run like a bitch every time. I found a King Gleeock which was all three element heads. Jumped straight out of the sky and went back to riding my horse looking for stables.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Finished the wind temple and have made my way to Zora’s domain although I’m not sure I want to take on the temple there after reading the above! Visited kakariko but wasn’t sure what to do there so just moved on. Shrines are still a fun distraction surprisingly but constantly having to access menus is starting to grate on me I must say.

The up quick menu isn't very quick as the game goes on and you're looking for something.

I keep seeing the mushrooms I have and thinking I should use them, like the muddle one.

God damn aerocuda eyeballs!! Maybe they can be bought somewhere. Really want the wingsuit fully upgraded. Will be worth it just tedious gathering them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Huh. My first shrine where I have no idea how to solve for it. Might have been the time of day but I got a ball, target and a bunch of rods and panels. I think I know what to do but no idea how to get to it.

It's both frustrating and fascinating at the same time.

That shrine took me a lot longer than it should have but it wasn't obvious to me either. Sometimes you know what to do but you're trying to guess how the game wants you to do it. Nearly gave up trying to get the band on a boat for a fairy then got it eventually.

Yea I’ve just started on the hunt for them myself. I’ll be happy with 2star upgrades and I’ll work on the others as I see them.

got the froggy suit completed. The underpants quest made me laugh a lot.

I'll try to avoid looking up the solution but my brain just fogs up with these kind of puzzles. No doubt the solution is stunningly obvious but TBH I'm still not used to "thinking" about how I might use the Ultrahand; I've not used it outside of necessity in shrines.

You'll kick yourself when you figure it out if it's the same one I'm thinking.

• Advertisement

Im thinkin its the shrine with a target on either side, ball coming toward you and the device that turns a 180 in the middle when you hit a switch.

Damn. Saying it like that now makes me feel like a dumbass for taking so long on it 😅.

So far theyre getting the mix of difficulty just right I think. There was 1 with different levelled moats and increasing power constructs on floating towers circling in different directions with the exit at the top. A great shrine. Soon as you get seen it's on. Tricky but not too tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Hitching a ride through the depths on the back of the dragons is incredibly satisfying.

Killed the fire gleeock on the Hylia bridge for my first one. Elemental eyeballs are your friend.

Baseball lol. There's a golf one up in Akkala as well.

And you're stripped of all but the powers? Just did that one last night and failed. Not a good idea to use a bomb barrel fused to a club.

So now the 10 days is over for some what are your play times like? I have to wait another day to see mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

50 hours between the missus and I — have still yet to clear a dungeon or fully unlock/traverse the map. I end up in an endless circle of "oh, what's that?" and then it's bedtime.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Yeah just powers and whatever they give you inside the door. Tried few different approaches. Ended up rushing out to the first floating tower. Ascending to the construct and getting its weapons. Then diving off round the side and sneaking up to the top level since once you take out 1 of the bottom towers theres a gap to sneak up unnoticed. Then just glided down on top of the other constructs as they floated under me. After that I had enough shock arrows, fused spears etc. to take out the most powerful construct easily enough.

Im at 70 hours playtime, 65 shrines, 3 temples done and at the boss of the water temple. Spending some time on armour upgrades now. Heading for the depths after that to uncover the whole map. Can see myself going over 300 hours easy. Such a great game.

This is a joke....but seriously.... I need to sort out my bed time. :D

I was shattered yesterday. Only got about 4 hours sleep. Got try discipline myself.

Will have to wait until Im home to check the play time but I'd say it's up in the 50hour mark... Could be more.(probably is way more).

> 70 hours...

• Advertisement

Was expecting to see 40 hours myself. 😅

Time flies in Hyrule. Nintendo are masters of the slow dopamine drip.

Advertisement