Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

But there's so many fire fruits you can watch the world burn! ( saying that I've ran out of bombs and rock weapons at the wrong times... most involving a Talus)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

So, the paraglider solved the going down problem and the ascent ability solves the going up problem.

I see Edge and Famitsu magazine have given this game a 10. No suprise there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,574 ✭✭✭jj880

The main sky section of Zoras Domain is amazing. My favourite so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭recyclops

Is there different types of Talus or is everyone doing it different to me as I never have an apology.

Creep up, wait for it to wake use ascend to get up to the top and bash the rock that hurts it, at worst I fall off once but other than that its simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Yet again, something I didn't even think about ascend for. I always forget about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Game is only out 5 days officially it's full of surprises so many different ways of doing things but as with every video game items are put there for a reason or something in your item bag will get you out of a bind the tips on the loading screen are gold too.

Hinox eyes are the weak point trees hate fire and damn it all that ascend trick for the Talus is genius.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Botw does? I think you might have misread my post. 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭recyclops

It's crazy and shows how different people approach stuff, it was the first thing I thought of when it killed me the first time after I ran out of arrows.

Made it to Rito village last night and bought the chest piece from the shop, going to start on that quest later. Have you guys upgraded your stamina much? I’ve been spending the blessings on hearts instead as the stamina increase always felt a bit scabby. Figured increasing the hearts early on was a better bet (only on 8 atm).

• Advertisement

The physics of this game alone are just incredible. Not long released but the possible number of contraptions that can be built must run into crazy numbers. I haven't seen any reports of bugs / crashes or the game having a meltdown and Ive built some butt ugly awkward looking stuff to get through a shrine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm saving blessings so far up to 9 definitely spending the 12 on stamina as truffles are easy to get in caves.

Finding myself looking up at grey clouds in the last few minutes in the real world wondering what's hiding up there can I get more rockets.

I'm going hunting for weapons when I get home as the basic enemies are kicking the snot out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I enjoyed the fact they placed a lynel on an escape route from another lynel. Someone was having fun before their lunch break I take it.

Yeah it’s very impressive. I love how it constantly surprises me with how my contraptions go wrong, I can usually find a solution to a problem but probably not how it was intended. 😂

I had to get one of those korok dudes back to his buddy who was high up on a cliff - fused a flame thrower and hot air balloon to a wooden floor. But that would only get us straight up in the air, I needed up and forward over the cliff. So decided to also fuse a rocket to the floor to act like directional thrust or something, the thinking being I’d whack the flame thrower to get us up in the air with the balloon and when high enough I would hit the rocket to move us forward. Nope. Soon as I hit the flame thrower it also set off the rocket (not sure why as I didn’t touch it) and went flying straight into the cliff face. The OH and youngest had a great laugh.

Anyway, just used the flame thrower and balloon to get us up, I hopped off and used Ultrahand to catch the device as it started to come back down, dragged it up onto the cliff. A hack job, but it worked.

Lol sorry for the rambling.

TL;DR the ways in which you can solve problems in this game is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Me getting help from the family last night in the first shrine south of Lookout Landing

I love it. One of the game designers must have been on holidays and doing the whole playing with foam balls and floaty things in the pool and turned it into a shrine puzzle 😀 or maybe more likely she has a pool out the back.

Ah Jesus, that's whst they're for! I've been using them on the bigger enemies but I've noticed they don't do much damage. But I keep doing it, because they're bombs you know? I'm flinging bomb arrows at you just bloody die!!

I know I was missing something about the bombs but didn't know what. I'm sure I'm still missing something someone is about to kindly point out to me 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Is anyone else getting a lot of Blood Moons or am I just cursed?

Yep, that's one of the most impressive things in this game. State of the art game physics and no bugs. Other companies must look at this and go how the **** did they achieve this.

The best thing about Nintendo is exactly what people complain about. Nintendo got stuck in an era and were left behind on hardware specs and were overtaken by AAA cinematic graphical masterpieces.

But actually they haven't been overtaken. Because they hit the sweet spot where games still look good but also still have the retro game play to them from the hey day of gaming that so many people still love, pre motion capture cinematics.

I usually drink a cup of tea while gaming. Oh another cinematic cut scene, time for a few sips of the tea. No chance in Zelda. In Zelda its more like I've.been playing for 3 hours, time for a break and a quick cuppa before I get back to it.

• Advertisement

There was 1 particular shrine which took me well over 10 builds in 1 part. Tweaking, swapping and retrying. Think of the amount of people doing variations of that at the moment. Any bugs and the frustration would be off the charts. Whole game depends in it.

Usually priorities stamina as exploration is my favourite part. But I think the ohko's mean I need a few more hearts now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Stamina first always fill the first ring then work on hearts. Find the stamina invaluable for climbing and gliding.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭shanec1928

If to not pick they still have issues with fps in in the lost woods and can’t remember if it was in botw but also in the desert I’ve discovered it.

The hardware is not up to it. I'd say they can't really get more out of what is 2015 phone hardware. One thing I notice is the Switch fans spin noticeably when the game is booted, but then go quiet. It's unreal what they have running here.

I’d recommend Stamina more early on.

it’s definitely much more useful. Being able to launch off a skyview tower and paraglide really far is incredibly useful. And there’s other reasons why but I don’t want to spoil anything.

That Rito village quest is amazing.

Below is currently how far in I am. I played a stupid amount over the weekend. And my sleeping patterns are messed.😂

Must up my lightroots. Lagging on that. Dam didnt know you could get an extra battery on there. Been eating the small charges like skittles

Yea you can get a good few from

what I’ve seen of some videos.

I find when you get going underground you’ll knock off a good few. Plenty to mine down there and that’s where you’ll find more of the stuff you need to expand your batteries

Getting a lot also but probably because Im playing a lot and not noticing the time fly by.

• Advertisement

I like how everything you learned in BOTW applies in this game.

Also, I am delighted that Impa got out of her house. She was stuck there forever in BOTW. 😁

Now, I'm wondering will Kass pop up. The maudlin Macaw with those sad but beautiful accordian tunes and stories.

Like the new tune from the Hestu when he gives you a new storage space. It's so out of place and so in place at the same time. 😁

It's a joyful, fun game. I think it might be a good way for people to wean themselves off crap, depressing, time wasting video games. Was even thinking of selling the PS5 to get an OLED Switch 😁😁

Advertisement