Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I keep forgetting we can do this.

Have to admit, for a game where you can just throw together a vehicle, the control sticks steer pretty well when you use one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There was one Boblin up on a ledge throwing bombs at me in one base, and couldn’t quite get at him from the ground with arrows. Rewinding one of the bombs instantly wiped him out.

Don’t forget Ascend too in terms of gaining height even in combat - invaluable in some fights.

And explosive barrels instantly explode when dropped from a height - Ultrahand works a treat in that sense (or Fuse them to a damaged spear alternatively).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Huh. I tried using Rewind on one of those Spiked Balls they roll down ramps at you - but nothing happened - so I just presumed I couldn't throw the bombs back and them. But if you're all saying that they will? And that Ultrahand works too? Muahaha, I'm about to turn 'dem tables.

Just shows how little I've experimented, or got into the headspace of the new powers, that I've experimented so little with these abilities - bar the Shrines where they're necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I did all that by accident. Died. Dropped a travel medallion and bailed. In fairness when Im more powerful and with better armor I'll probably do the trip again anyway.

I also accientally ran into a King Gleeock when trying to get to one of the really high islands. Another medallion down there for when I'm not scared of them. Although I was always scared of Lynels in BOTW.

• Advertisement

Once again, something I forgot about. I have the upgraded medallion. You, sir, are a lifesaver. Thanks.

Now I can go explore, stock up and die repeatedly elsewhere instead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,828 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Saw someone on Twitter dazzle an enemy making them drop their weapon. Then fuse the weapon to a time bomb. The enemy will run over and pick it up . Evil but satisfying.

Delete...

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Took me about 3 goes when I had 6 hearts. It even tells you how to do it in the cut scene.

The unskippable cut scene is a throw back to a less user focused time in gaming and deserves to get wrecked for itself though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Finished that boss with nine hearts first time without a hassle - just wait til the boss changes forms and target that, then go to town.

I did get wrecked by some of the standard mob constructs knocking around that area though :)

The problem with that boss was all the sludge slowing any progress. So even if you do activate the bubble it can end up being wasted on the sludge. Think out of all the bosses it was my least favourite.

Though I did it first so was probably part of the reason and not really used to things.

Think the water power is my least used power, except usually by accident when I'm running around picking stuff up and get accidentally get close to him while pressing A.

An auto pickup option would be great since pick up everything anyway except weapons. Was really useful in the last God of War.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

It's great for anything fire/heat related. Even travelling through Gerudo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭jj880

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2023-05-26/-the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-dazzles-game-developers

I like to imagine that during the development of the new game The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, two Nintendo Co. employees had a conversation that went something like this:

Designer: We want to make a big, open world full of quests.

Programmer: Cool, we can do that.

Designer: Plus you can explore the skies.

Programmer: Awesome.

Designer: And the underground.

Programmer: Okay…

Designer: Also, we want to make it so you can launch yourself upward through any ceiling in the game.

Programmer: Tricky, but I think we can make that work.

Designer: And you can rewind time.

Programmer: How many engineers do we have for this?

Designer: And you can smash together almost any object in the game with realistic and unbreakable physics.

Programmer: What.

Designer: We need rockets.

Programmer: I quit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,828 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Been following the statues in the underground after getting to the great mine and it's a fierce long aul journey. I think I'll go back to exploring over ground.

So I've been thinking about Kass. I was looking forward to more of his tunes and seeing him when I went to Rito village. And there's only been hints of him being mentioned.

I wouldn't be surprised if he pops up in a potential DLC pack or something. He was too much of a fan favourite for them not to have in this game.

Unless they pull a huge switcheroo and he's actually Ganondorf :D

Lightweight vehicle with a brightbloom slapped onto it - all you need for some of the longer journeys :) Either that or the skellie horse!

That said, it’s sometimes easier on foot for more freeform exploration down there as there are so many big old cliffs scattered around the place. That statue quest though is easier with a mount or vehicle.

I'm not having an issue getting around, it's just a very long trek. Been at it too evenings and not gotten to the end yet so taking a break before going back!

Just learned that portable pots can be used to add suspension or bendy joints to vehicles and creations.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Landed in my first temple, up in the sky. I've not explored it yet but man, it'll have to be phenomenal to match the satisfaction amd effort it took to climb up so high. Sometimes a bit finicky but never to the detriment of the experience.

• Advertisement

Might be a stupid question but how do you change the sensor back to tracking shrines? I was trying it out on truffles and now can't change it back.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Away from the game so can’t check but can you take a photo of a shrine & then select it again that way? Try it with an old shrine you’ve already completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

You do it from the map screen, no? At the bottom, one of the buttons is mapped to "Sensor" I think.

Spirit temple is one of weirdest things and boss fights I've ever done in a Zelda game.

Oh I see saving in a shrine still doesn't restore you back to that exact moment you saved... Arghhjhjhgkjdhgkg. 2/10, Worst of 2023.

Having fun in the Wind Temple, but not quite getting the difference between it and the Guardians from BotW, such that fans cheered at the return of "temples". They seem the exact same, mechanically, to me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Map Screen (-) -> Sensor(Y) -> Change Target to Shrine of Light

The ascent to the Wind Temple itself is why a lot of people are heralding the return of the traditional dungeon. There are much more involved journeys to get there, leading to some really spectacular platforming setpieces. It’s a step up in quality of ‘authored’ content compared to BotW, even when the temple itself is a similar ‘hit four switches’ kind of job.

Yea I gotta say.... I really loved the ascent to the Wind Temple. The lightning and Water ones weren't as good but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The ascent to the Wind Temple is one of my favourite Zelda moments ever

Ah ok, I hadn't really counted the ascent as part of the "temple" as such, just environmental puzzling within the overworld itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Approach to Lightning not as good but I loved the temple itself. Felt much more like an old school one. Bigger, harder.

Advertisement