Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Was thinking this game really, really fixes the sky aspect of skyward sword.

I'm thinking they could do a BOTW3 that would do the same for the sea and undersea. I.e. revisit these aspects from wind waker.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Still not come across any filler shrines like there was in the first game.

Got to one last nigh on an island in the sky that asked me to go to another island in the distance. Initially though **** that I'm too early in the game before discovering a nearby glider, rockets and fans. Cue a really entertaining and nerve wracking jaunt to that island and back again with the precious cargo.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Apologies if posted earlier in the thread (I’m trying to avoid spoilers), but Ninty have made available some free wallpapers for devices here (sign-in required):

I’ve attached a couple here for handiness 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

This is my first Zelda game, for some reason I never bothered with BOTW. Plus I've gone into it totally blind, I only watched trailer 3 before deciding to buy it.

Really enjoying it so far, only about 15 hours in so I'm taking my time. Loving the shrines, some of them are ingenious and leave you wondering how they came up with them. I've found the title of the shrines can be a big clue in how to solve them.

The exploration and discovery is fantastic, the only game that's comparable in this sense would be elden ring, but this is far more relaxing.

I stumbled across that cave with the gloom arms, and they easily strangled me before I blew them up from a safe distance. Reprieve didn't last long as it transformed into a boss, he whooped my ass but I eventually beat him by learning how to dodge and attack with flurries. Got rewarded with a lvl41 sword but I'm afraid to use and lose it.

My only gripes with the game is what's already been mentioned, the messing about with menus and weapon degradation. I find myself not bothering to create fires because it's a pain to go to menu, select wood, hold it, drop it, go to the menu, select flint, hold it, drop it, attack it to create fire, go to menu, select pinecone, hold it, drop, it. Definitely not fun, is there a shortcut for any of it that I've missed? Cooking and eating food is also a bit of a chore.

The weapon degradation I don't really mind but it becomes annoying in conjunction with the menus and controls. There's a boss fight I recently finished where you're flying and adjusting positioning, diving and gaining altitude while also aiming the bow and firing. I broke a couple of bows during the fight at key moments and it was very frustrating trying to select a new bow in the middle of the fight

Other than those things it's a fantastic game and I find myself thinking about it and looking forward to playing it. I'm wondering if it's worth playing BOTW after this, it might be hard to go back and play without the new skills in TOTK.

• Administrators Posts: 53,650 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I've come across 1 shrine where there was literally no challenge. You walked in the door and the end was straight in front of you.

Pretty sure it was just placed for fast travel purposes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

You can select and hold multiple items in the menu and drop them at once. You can also hold up on the D pad and cycle through your inventory, then X to drop.

The up trick stops being handy once you have a tonne of stuff, you're usually quicker diving in to the menu.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There are indeed a couple of these - as you say, mostly for fast travel purposes / as landmarks. There's a long platforming section before the Rito 'dungeon', for example, where there's a shrine at the end to give you a Light of Blessing and a checkpoint / fast travel point so you don't need to do it all again if you happened to fall.

Yes me too. But if its the same shrine I'm thinking of then the challenge was finding the shrine in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Ugh Lurelin village... Everyone respawns once you get splatted! Dislike!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I saw a video on YT showing how you can repair & improve your weapons at the same time - a certain creature can hoover it up and spit it back out all repaired and with increased stats it seems. 😯 Probably not much use until later in the game though but handy to know all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I've just noticed, the lightbulbs in the depths are directly below Shrines on the surface. Could be useful for finding ones you may have missed. Must check if I can ascend through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Yea roots. Forgot the name. Should be a handy piece of knowledge

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The y button in menus will auto sort items into categories. Also when you are using items on arrows it will arrange them automatically by how often you use them throughout the game.

Yea you can’t ascend through them. But still. Gives you a good marker.

got all the bits of the glide suit. Tough work getting up to the different areas in the sky but worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭jj880

It is handy for sure. Ive had a few lightroots where the shrine was not visible on the surface. Was helpful to find the shrine.

Must get that glide armour. Ive 3 wheels of stamina but would still be good to have to travel even further.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This is too funny

The poor korok's 😂😂

I use it all the time. But I do keep throwing my weapon away which is even more stupid because its not even mixed up with an xbox button like A&B or X&Y are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Finally got into Hyrule Castle proper by cheesing balloons and ascend. I'm head over heels in love with how this game doesn't give a **** how you do it just once it's done.

I'm approaching the wind temple now ... feels very traditional Zelda. i.e. the long journey to get to the dungeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Lightning Temple was amazing. Felt like an old school dungeon, brilliant boss fight yet still fit in perfectly with the "new" game structure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭recyclops

Just completed water temple and I will admit to using Google as it turns out being clever to get to the top quick will break the game.

Not a big per se but really frustrating that I'd solved all the puzzles but couldn't finish the temple because of how I got there.

Was the only time the physics engine didn't do as expected so far which annoyed me more. Hydrants should work.

Im at the entrance now. Kept dying with the heat. Bought 1 piece of cooling gear but need another. Doing a sidequest that will hopefully get it. I know there are other ways but want the desert clothing for exploring. After that heading for the depths. Have a few maps with X marks the spot down there. Mum called today wondering why I haven't visited in the last week 😅.

Is there any way to skip cut scenes on bosses? Every time I die I've to go through the cut scene again, it's the first time I've been annoyed enough to turn the game off. It's out of character for the game so far, I'm sure I'm missing something.

In the lightning temple now. Best temple I think. Huge and full of secrets and traps. Excellent.

Don't think so. Yeah its a balls. Unskippable once is grand. Having to rewatch cut scenes and skip through conversations multiple times is daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Productive afternoon: Air temple done, got Autobuild, Dark tunic, 1 additional battery, 2 fairy's and a load of gear upgraded.

• Advertisement

Advertisement