Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with current affairs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,308 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Your OP is entirely devoted to having a go at Beasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,059 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Repeat after me, 'it is not to have a go at mods, it is to request more mods'

and then we have

We currently have an admin posting, spouting unsupported conspiracy in official capacity as an admin.

Brucie. Never mind hanging yourself by your petard, you are doing your level best to squeze the rope as tight as possible by your own hands. The fact you can't even see this speaks about your character and lack of common sense in dealing with people and situations.

I created this thread. 

How is it turning out for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,965 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

And its plain for those with Objectivity to see 😉

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Heaven's Above, perish the thought, is someone else missing today 🤔🤔 normally quick of the mark to deflect albeit it is a nice day for a paddle, so to speak

• Registered Users Posts: 27,347 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

"will continue, like many others to call you out"

But that's the thing, this forum on these discussion boards isn't about calling other posters out, it is about discussing and debating current affairs topics. I post more links than any other poster to back up my opinion, and those links are very rarely satire or nonsense from Twitter, most often from credible sources.

• Advertisement

Try as you have, many, many times Blanch you've failed miserably to call me or anyone out on Boards, gut wrenching as that is to you 😉

Perhaps you'd like me to be silent, that I'm afraid won't happen & well you know it.

I have not had a go at anyone on this thread. Plenty have had a go at me - claiming to be calling me out among others, claiming I am just having a go etc. - but I have responded reasonably and respectfully right through this thread.

I fully understand why there are so few mods, there was a post from a former mod which explained it very clearly a few pages ago. He got a thanks from me but was pretty much ignored by everyone else.

I am also entitled to have an opinion that your claim that an admin is "posting, spouting unsupported conspiracy in official capacity as an admin" is puerile self-serving nonsense. Note, that isn't having a go at you personally, that is offering an opinion on the content of your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

If Posters are happy they are free to close their accounts are they not ,

As another poster said earlier too many posters are stuck up their own holes and with more than a healthy whiff of self importance about themselves.

How many threads will it take , lets get rid of this person or that person, nothing but school children, who have a habit of telling people to stay on topic whatever they have been caught in their own bs

The hypocrisy is amazing. What is more the people that Brucie accuses of having a go at him have only commented on the content of his posts!!

But I am not interested in calling people out, I am interested in debating issues of substance. You keep up with the calling people out stuff rather than debating the issues and see where it gets you in the longer run.

I have learned over the years that when posters get too much to bear, and there have been a few, just stick them on ignore for a week or two, and you forget about them.

• Advertisement

In actuality, the overwhelming response, bar one or two, have come in here and defended Beasty from the first two posts in this thread. That isn't attack, attack, attack on you and @Brucie Bonus

😂😂😂😂 Now seriously Blanch, firstly you need to reflect on the meaning of the Word Hypocrisy.

Your Not interested in calling people out, now that's a whopper and wanting to debate 😳, I've no words.

So I'm fascinated, you mention the ignore function, people you cant Bare 🤔 and yet here you are at the same Shenanigans witnessed by many, time and time again.

I made a personal observation, one which I see is a genuine problem with CA Forum generally, didn't really want to personalise things, thought my OP was objective & reasonable, shared my own experiences without personalising it & literally within seconds I'm proven correct.

@Brucie Bonus & @FrancieBrady are not known to me personally, we've been on a few threads together, we don't always agree but respect each others view's whilst I can't comment and won't on some matters raised here nor will I question any individual MOD publiically as I respect what they are confronted with daily but I do have a difficulty with were the CA forum is going, that is my humble opinion & I stand over it.

I will however add there's been some Brass neck on display here this afternoon & some really need to reflect & only actually confirms some of the issues I've raised @FrancieB

• Registered Users Posts: 67,490 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Odious hypocrisy in fairness from on who has been involved in pile-on after pile-on calling posters out.

Fook me, the lads are hard at the self anointed sainthood today.

In fairness, posters I have disagreed with in the past have PMed to say they agree with the OP. Thanks for that.

There are plainly issues and neither Beasty or it seems the rest of the Mod team and admins want to confront them.

This thread will probably be closed and the issue sidelined until the next time. So be it

I have gone back and looked again.

Excluding Beasty, Brucie and yourself, I count the posters as being 13-6 against your position. I have generously even given you the poster who asked how to become a mod as one of yours.

Maybe not the "overwhelming response, bar one or two" I categorised it as, but I can only identify three posters who went out on a limb to support your joint position. It certainly doesn't warrant the response of who it is I think I fool with this stuff.

Evidence suggests therefore that the significant majority of posters who have responded are against your position.

What I will concede is that the majority of posts on this thread support your position, but that maybe where the real problem is, as they come from a small number of posters.

I don't think that anybody disagrees with the proposition that we need more mods. Anyone can see that.

However, the singling out of a particular mod/Admin is seen as being unfair and unreasonable on your part. Furthermore, your conspiracy theory accusations of bias and unfairness are also seen as being unfair and unreasonable on your part. That is the position of the majority of posters, and most are not surprised where this ended up.

The mods first posts here were an outlandish conspiracy theory blanch, unbacked up nor can be. As predicted, already being thrown out there by Marko, bless him.

Does the great high moral grounder have anything to say about that?

How can it be an outlandish conspiracy theory when the OP has already confirmed that he contacted you about opening the thread? It is speculation about the content of the PMs between you, but to be a conspiracy theory, those PMs would have to not exist. That you have both freely admitted to those PMs, and to longstanding contact, pretty much fatally damages your accusation of a conspiracy theory.

• When modding in a past life the most tricky people to deal with were the habituated back seat mods, the social Media equivalent of teachers’ pets.

• Advertisement

Because I didn't conspire with him about opening it, nor did I discuss how to have a 'go at moderation'. If I did as alleged the onus is on him to back it up.

Being in contact with other posters is a facility of the site.

Did you willfully miss that again?

You are entitled to your opinion on it, but I just don't see it at all.

If this thread is just going to degenerate into a back-and-forth between you and I, maybe it should be closed, because I can't see anything new being said.

Why don't you head off the thread, you've said your piece and we all know how you feel. You can't resolve the issues so you are only here for other reasons.

This reminds me of the story of Icarus in many ways.

Oh dear, oh dear. If any post sums up how we ended up here, this one does.

You are corralling the discussion only in the direction you want it to go, you are demanding that others respond to your agenda, whether they agree with it or not, you tell those you don't agree with your analysis and you don't want to engage with, to go away, and lastly throw in a borderline personal accusation.

Francie, what will you do now you’ve found a 17 hour slot in your calendar each day? Golf, fishing, maybe learning a programming language?

Have you anything new to offer to the topic = No.

Why are you still posting?

I think that is easy to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,308 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

They could easily ask the same question of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,612 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Will be very interesting to see if any new, or dormant, accounts suddenly spring up in those threads.

Ones singing from the same “hymn sheet” like the way one of the complainants in this very thread just happened to after the “Big 10” were exposed, by Beasty, in the McMurphy Affair.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

I offered the opinion that blanch might leave the thread to those who sought answers on an issue, when he asked this:

If this thread is just going to degenerate into a back-and-forth between you and I, maybe it should be closed, because I can't see anything new being said.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement