Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with current affairs

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,868 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You brought it up in a thread about the troubles using it to have a dig at two political parties you seem to despise

And you received a nil point warning advising you why it was deleted

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,868 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Moved to Help Desk which deals with complaints like this

It is clear to me that a number of posters have been discussing how to challenge moderation behind the scenes. And yes the prime culprits have already posted in this thread backing each other up. I'm pretty confident the pair of them agreed to start this thread in Feedback

And just to add, whenever either of them do pick up a sanction or even a nil point warning the Pm exchanges are very lengthy. Typically running to over a dozen messages. They are complete timesinks who believe only their views matter

• Registered Users Posts: 67,626 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

This is unprovable Beasty, unless you have access to PM's, and you know it, but sure why not put it our there so it can be brought up whenever anyone wants to have a go.

You are a disaster area in terms of fairness. What the actual f*!

The 'prime culprits' 😁(jesus, catch yerself on B) happen to have been warned in the same way Beasty...we've both had the same experience.

Off course, not a peep about the issues raised in the OP.

• Advertisement

And just to add, you aren't addressing me or Brucie in these two posts, you are addressing the posters who came on one after another to have personal go's, justifying yourself to them..

You are a disgrace to any notion of fairness.

May be unprovable, but when I get a message from one of you confirming they are discussing things with others, and when i look at reports and see the pair of you seem to have similar issues, but never seem to report the same post. Proper little tag team. Of course I would have kept all that to myself but for seeing this thread I am convinced the pair of you cooked up

And TBH your records in that forum are abysmal. Here you go -I will tell you as a site Admin - each of you are close to permanent site bans with those records. You have had enough rope and I am now of the view the pair of you are such time sinks that I am going to ban you the from the forum. It may well appear as a 6 month ban due to limitations on the process .But you can both take them as permanent

You have each received way too much leeway in that forum

• Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

In fairness, lads, as a completely casual observer of this thread alone, the whole "Who? Me?!" act is fooling no-one. And I say that as someone who avoids CA/IMHO as a matter of principle, so I have literally no skin in the game.

CA has been made impossible to navigate Dial Hard. I picked up 3 warnings (I think it was) in one day because arbitrary decisions were made about what could be posted on a thread. No warnings, just, 'I said it...like it or lump it'. You object - you are a 'timesink'

I'm far from a saint and have many times in over 50,000 post overstepped, but CA has been turned into a joke tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,628 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Why isn’t the political stuff discussed in the Politics forum? Not having a go, genuine question.

I mean, there’s no reason why all the pro/anti government, or party, threads shouldn’t be in there.

Leave CA to the weirdo racist etc types.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Politics is generally considered high brow, much of the CA type posts wouldn't be tolerated there.

Why are you making unprovable accusations that you know will only add fuel to certain fires here? You know exactly what you are doing. Scurrilous behaviour for a mod IMO and I am not afraid to say it. All designed for the folk you were addressing in your two previous posts no doubt.

It isn't against site rules to PM one another. I've PMed many people here including Brucie. He told me he stared a thread in Feedback.

I can assure you I did not organise this thread with Brucie or discuss how to take on moderations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Great example of your 'modding' right there. Personal and theory based. I don't know francie any better than I know you, (I've had more chats with you in fact). Treat everyone the same, read flagged posts in context and hire some mods ffs.

Discussing PM's on a thread. Top class.

@hullaballoo @Buford T Justice @Pawwed Rig

I put it in feedback hoping a different non biased admin might have a look.

Here you are piling on with the like of blanch. Using your insider knowledge to have a dig. You've no credibility.

If your warnings were above nit pick theory based, they'd be respected.

You're not doing yourselves any favours here. Take a breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,087 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Anyone who starts politics topics in CA do so because they have either been banned from the grown up politics forum or know full well that they will quickly get banned.

I knew full well when I saw this whinge bag thread I knew it would not be started by someone like yourself but rather the people who are the ones ruining CA.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Actually if you look at some of the poster in politics a good few of them banned from CA especially the Ukraine thread's

You guys made the thread about me. Of course I have every right to put my case and explain a little more about what was going on

As I have already said - a pair of timesinks, and this thread is further evidence of that

I've had enough of the pair of you. There are much more worthwhile and constructive interactions with other posters, but alas the time I have for them has been limited by the likes of the pair of you. You have both had far too much of my time and therefore I'm calling a halt to it in the CA forum

If any other Admin wishes to contribute they are welcome to. However I will be pointing out the near 100 times me and my fellow mod have been required to act on posts from you in the forum since the migration to this platform

Complete timesinks who throw their toys out of the pram whenever they get picked up on their very many indiscretions.

• Advertisement

No, I did.

You are referencing PM's in thread to have a go out of spite.

I hope the comments are visible not just the score. Some hum dingers.

Get some mods, bring in some recourse and impartiality.

'Explain a little more'?

You made unproven accusations Beasty, knowing exactly what you were doing. No doubt blanch will open a thread congratulating you on your hard work.

Your modding has been a law onto itself, reacting only to reported posts. So the report happy will win the day. Your allow serial liars topost freely without any visible sanction and I suspect no sanction at all.

Of course the thread was opened about you...you're the mod now making arbitrary decisions about what can be said in threads and swinging the ban hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,321 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

They would have been banned long ago if they posted the same stuff in politics.

That's the case lately alright, same as posters who were caught having sock puppet accounts often got an automatic permanent site ban, but that hasn't been happening in some cases lately either.

The rules in Politics are at least clear and moderated fairly

The arbitrary shite that passes for moderation in CA is impossible to navigate.

Look at the state of it....Housing only to be discussed through the prism of SF, no mention allowed of Troy or Leo's Leak in the Government thread, no mention of SF in the government thread but 'certain other party's' can be referred to with abandon, the SHinner thread is mostly an echo chamber with any dissenting voice piled-on?

God knows what kind of a mess the Russia or Ukrainian threads are but I'll bet the threadbans are as long as my arm.

And if you object, you get this treatment?

Ha.

I rarely bother with the CA forum these days, as it's like a load of angry bald lads fighting over a comb that they've heard about; and probably doesn't exist anyway.

The whole SF online presence isn't really working these days. They got rid of Pearse shouting and roaring in 30 second clips, and replaced it with stuff like Harald News and that angry lad from Cork. It's all a bit "megaphone" and student union.

Tone down the rhetoric, folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,321 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It seems to me that you do know what the rules are in CA but don't like them so continue to break them with obvious, and hilarious, results. Ha indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

It hardly seems fair when you effective have one person as judge, jury and executioner though is it.

Whatever about their motives they have a point

Not like you to take a discussion and try turn it into a ahinner rant.

• Advertisement

That's my only point. I don't have a mouse in my pocket ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement