Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with current affairs

Options
1414243444547»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,258 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'm happy to take Beasty at his word on that. are you saying you think @Beasty might be lying?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

What rule does if break? Charter is available at the top of CA.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,711 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

On the PMs point, I have always attempted to be constructive if a user is looking to query a sanction. And yes if there have been additional replies from the user I have genuinely attempted to clear things up

TBH though with some posters it never produces anything beyond conflict and disagreement. In others it actually produces a constructive conversation and sometimes a re-assessment of any action taken

Now in August alone Francie and I exchanged 58 PMs in 4 different discussions. With Brucie it was 37 across 8 discussions. With some there is crossover where we moved one aspect of a discussion into another

After the earlier issues with the sock-puppeting thread (and can posters please just drop that particular issue - it was dealt with at the time), I genuinely thought Francie was trying to keep his head down and out of trouble. Yes there was still the odd intervention required.

Unfortunately though in recent weeks/months that "improvement" went into reverse. And yes I suspect (but cannot say for certain) that arose due to collusion between the two of them. That reference to SF in the PM from Francie was very telling, as it was something Brucie had been going on about (in private) for some time, but this was the first time in my own recollection that any other poster claimed there was a "ban" in discussing SF in the Government thread. There was never a ban - just a requirement for there to be relevance to the actual Government and their policies

• Registered Users Posts: 67,169 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It is/was actually and it wasn't used as much during the second world war as compared to their widespread use of it in the first word war.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The allegations that posters will delete incriminating PMs is pathetic.

There is no option to delete PMs on Vanilla, the alternative is to "leave the conversation". That means you will no longer see the messages, but anyone else in the conversation will.

Hell, you couldn't even really delete them on VBulletin as the reappearance of zombie PMs proved.

It's just flinging baseless accusations to prove a point/brown nose.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,495 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

@Fandymo I'm not going to discuss a previous mod action with you on this thread

However, if you want to refresh my memory of it by PM I am happy to give it a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,258 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

i have no intention of relitigating your bans.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The lower the stakes, the more bitter the battle.

It's only an Internet forum lads.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,711 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I'm taking on board some comments from a short while ago. So far no other Admin has been able to have a look at this thread (well not to my knowledge anyway), and I know Niamh is always busy with other stuff. I am therefore calling a halt to this thread. I really do not think there is anything to say that has not already been said a dozen or more times. Please go out and enjoy the weekend

If Niamh or another Admin do wish to re-open this thread that is up to them. I have no intention of doing so

There remains a fundamental question that the OP did raise that has been neglected, largely because of limited functionality and a lack of knowledge of which mods would return to modding once more functionality was in place. We will (maybe it's going to be largely down to me again - I just don't know) revisit the issues we have of non active Mods, CMods and indeed Admins. We may need to adopt a top down approach on that one and initially at least get some more visibility of other, possibly new, Admins

Thread closed (and apologies for anyone who may have been in the course of drafting a reply)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement