Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with current affairs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,120 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

So I see the two main culprits (Francie and Brucie) who were caught conspiring with each other to undermine the Admin are still pissing and moaning like little children..

Lads, take your punishment with that small bit of dignity you guys may have left. Most others are fully aware now of your timesink contributions in CA and with the mods.

Was it 87 warnings over one year? An incredible statistic to be honest. Yet here they are acting all innocent. This behaviour comes across as a bit psychopathic to be honest, where one doesn't show any remorse for their actions (even when caught redhanded), but comes across as very aggressive, egocentric, and where there is an absence of empathy shown towards the amount of work one causes Beasty for having to deal with all those 87 warnings..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,323 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

If I do the maths I would have to be a user here for 150 years to ring up that number of warning based on my history so far. It is a ridiculous number and far from showing that Beasty is biased against them it shows that Beasty has been far too patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,967 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Busy this morning, still trying to digest a rather offensive post (not by you) making some enquiries elsewhere.

You'll have to riddle away on your own today I'm afraid

This Thread has taken a Rather nasty turn.

Have a great day, I will 😉

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,650 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Beasty himself says he only reacts to reports.

Another Mod said on this thread that somedays he can be faced with a whole page of reports.

This makes it abundantly clear to me anyway that a dedicated team of anonymous accounts can get references to a politician or political party removed from discussions.

Now think about that for a second.

What references to what politician and party are being deleted from threads?

• Advertisement

This makes it abundantly clear to me anyway that a dedicated team of anonymous accounts can get references to a politician or political party removed from discussions.

So, you think there is a dedicated team, conspiring with each other and working together to push some pro-government point of view. Any proof of this by the way?

You are mad Francie. The cheese has slid off your cracker*

*Let us remind everyone that the only sockpuppeting that has been proven was done by posters who hold anti-government pov and very pro-SF pov... Just saying! :) but of course that will be ignored by Francie and Bruice. :D

Here's the type of thing I was picking up those warnings for.

Here are the two lads, trying desperately to drag a thread about NATO off topic to their favourite itch, (I didn't report them for it BTW)

Can you have a guess at what I got 'warned for here'?

You are being warned for the following post:

Apr 1, 2022

Is it time to join Nato

blanch152Apr 1, 2022

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/118865417#Comment_118865417

Are you seriously suggesting that Ireland didn't run away from the fight against the Nazis and secretly sent an army to take them on?

You might be mixed up with Sean Russell from Sinn Fein who helped the Nazis rather than fight them.

Francie Brady: It's funny how triggered you and mark get about this stuff. Really really funny.

Attack the post, not the poster. Is that not the mantra on this board?

Beasty in his allegation on PM to me accused me of 'coordinating posters to pile-on on threads' he said he can see no evidence of others doing it.

Yet, another Mod says they can be faced with whole pages of reports on one thread or post.

Are there references to any other party being deleted wholesale or not?

Are there posters being told they cannot mention government politicians on a government thread or not?

Or that they cannot reference a politician fan of 'anonymous accounts to extoll the virtues of his party online' on threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Yet you have nothing at all to say about the post shortly before yours that starts with:

So I see the two main culprits (Francie and Brucie) who were caught conspiring with each other to undermine the Admin are still pissing and moaning like little children..

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Says the poster who has been insinuating for two days about a group of 4 posters ganging up on him, and has apparently gathered evidence to that effect, yet has consistently failed to produce said evidence.

Mirror, mirror, as you have said.

For the record, I am not in regular PM contact with any other poster or any other group of posters. In fact, my most extensive PM exchange (apart from mods) over the last three years was with the infamous sock-puppet account holder who contacted me and who I responded to on several occasions.

I was asked a direct question. I answered it. I'm not a mod here. If you have an issue with a post then report it.

But you did attack the poster and not the post and if you had been warned for that it would have been a reasonable thing for a mod to do. So what were you warned for? I hate guessing games.

how do you know what other posts have been reported? how do you know what other posts have received a zero point warning? when a zero point warning is given for a post the only people who are see that are the poster and the mods. Other posters cannot see that it has received a zero point warning as was confirmed to me by a mod.

Not engaging today Blanch, you've had your clarification, take a look in the Mirror.

Take a peak at a vile, disgusting & appalling post were you & I are mentioned, this Thread has taken a very Nasty Turn, ask yourself & others is what was posted acceptable, we have are a disagreements but we'd not steep so low.

I'm out, but certainly Not finished

Ditto.

I am not in regular contact with any other user. I could go whole years without a PM from another user and have.

You contacted Francie to alert him to the existence of the thread. Was that to tell him not to post in it? We are not fools.

The reason who contacted Francie to alert him that you had started the thread was to encourage him to join the pile-on the admin. It is blatantly obvious what you were at.

That meets the definition of co-ordinating a response. You were the co-ordinator and Francie was the lackey following the co-ordination having got the PM.

I don't know why you two are even trying to defend this.

I can't take anything you say seriously until you withdraw the implications you made about me yesterday, particularly your baiting reference to "carte Blanch".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,049 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Pretty obvious in fairness. You were making a snide dig at another poster.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

A poster,whom deosnt regard refering to someone as a timesink as a abuse,and will line up to defend it,

now deems refering to someone as triggered as an attack on a poster......do you not see how such an approach gives reasonable credence to view of inconsistent moderation?

No. Timesink was said to a user by a mod because that user was taking up a disproportionate amount of their time. It was to explain why they were being banned.

Timesink : Something that takes up a lot of time and produces few or no tangible results. Usually a website. In general, a waste of time.

So they did take up a lot of mod and it did produce few or no tangible results because the user continued to break the rules. The word seems to fit very well.

what word would you have used instead for such a person?

Timesink isn't a term of abuse in this context, it is merely a statement of fact.

"Heeeeelp, I'm being abused. Someone has called me a 'timesink'...hOwDaReThEy!

Now let me get on my soapbox and post about 101 times about why I think it's personal abuse...."

Sometimes I wonder if Francie lacks basic cop-on and empathy or is he just emotionally and socially stunted.

So you think someone referring to the amount of their time you consume as a timesink constitutes personal abuse, yet, when you say "it's funny how triggered you and mark get about this stuff. Really really funny", that isn't personal abuse.

At the minimum, that is strange standards.

No its not 'abundantly clear' Francie. Maybe in your head it is.

Anyway, you didn't offer any proof of your weird and random accusation.

You are a good one to make all these accusations but so far you have not provided an iota of proof of any of them.

We should call you Mr. Timesink from now on because I'm sure you want to dance on a pinhead all day about this and go on one and work overtime behind the keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

And you were the third person to post on the thread. I don’t see the posting order as being so relevant, unless somebody PM’d you?

I don’t bother posting in CA, or really most places on boards anymore as there is often, these days, some one grouch who wants to ruin all the craic. So I’ve no skin in the game. But the insistence on saying that there was prior collusion in setting up this thread, when there is no evidence, would have me banging my head off the keyboard if it was directed at me.

Saying that, I don’t think that the “offensive” PM was particularly offensive, but the tactic of repeating something unproven as fact over and over until people believe it out of the sheer bombardment of the whole thing is just frustrating even to read.

You can't honestly think admins refering on open conversation to posters as timesink is appropriate,it lead to pile-on yesterday,which to best my knowledge remains unmoderated despite standard of posting by circa 6 posters (over both sides) falling well short of anything approaching acceptable levels.....erosion of standards reflects poorly on all

I can think of plenty to call em,but im not a moderator,and i certainly don't think anyone should justify their moderation in abusive terms on open discussion,even on PM,I struggle to see any reasonble justification

I just think someone can't defend calling someone a timesink and simultaneously critise someone calling someone else triggered,without being a hypocrite

• Advertisement

what word would you have used in Beasty's position?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement