Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with current affairs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,267 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Yeah, nobody admitted to "coordinating posts on thread".

However,

@Brucie Bonus has admitted that he contacted you immediately after starting this thread to let you know about it. Was that so that you wouldn't post in the thread??? What was the purpose of contacting you other than to invite you to join him in posting about the issue, thereby meeting the definition of coordination? What was the innocent purpose of his PM?

If you had responded to him saying that he wasn't to contact you again, as you weren't going to join him in abusing an Admin, then you could credibly claim there was no coordination. At the moment, it looks like a duck, it walks like a duck and it quacks louder than a duck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

the fact he/she sent you a pm means they are coordinating….

So quit lying about other posters.

Anyway I’m out, best of luck to both of you !!!!

Anyone else getting these PM should admit as well now

• Registered Users Posts: 67,141 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Read the specific allegation blanch, as you are confused. The 'coordination is a separate allegation against me. This is the one about me and Brucie

It is clear to me that a number of posters have been discussing how to challenge moderation behind the scenes. And yes the prime culprits have already posted in this thread backing each other up. I'm pretty confident the pair of them agreed to start this thread in Feedback

I think Dempo admitted earlier in the thread that he was in regular PM contact with the two lads and others. It would be interesting to know who else is in the group and the extent of the discussion and whether it constitutes coordination.

So you are accepting that Brucie contacting you about the thread constitutes coordination. I can move on once we have cleared that up.

• Advertisement

You read the allegation too

It is clear to me that a number of posters have been discussing how to challenge moderation behind the scenes. And yes the prime culprits have already posted in this thread backing each other up. I'm pretty confident the pair of them agreed to start this thread in Feedback

We didn't. The thread was started before I knew anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

I would not like to guess if anyone else is involved. I would hope after the carry on with McMurphy and now this, they might have the decency to own up

Lets wait and see

I am alleged to have been coordinating pile-ons on thread.

I haven't been.

Brucie and I are alleged to have been (read slowly)

Neither bolded bits is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

• Advertisement

The known facts are:

(1) Brucie started the thread.

(2) Brucie PM'd you to alert you to the thread.

(3) You were the second poster to post on the thread, and you fully supported the OP

Then we have your denials of coordination. It still looks like a duck.

Blanch in all his misrepresenting glory.

The allegation again about me and Brucie.

A mod/admin has successfully blown a dog whistle and the hounds are loose.

I pity those in CA after this utter shambles and disgrace.

Night all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,225 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Which bit of Brucie contacting you to alert you to the thread constitutes discussion of how to challenge moderation behind the scenes, do you not understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭standardg60

To me the very existence and willingness to publish such an innocent PM sent on the day of the posting of the thread leaves me in no doubt that Beasty is correct in his assertion.

Sending an innocuous message which could be later relied upon to support innocence has been used before. Where was that again?

Wait, who got raped? Francie or Blanch? And was Dempo really in bed when it happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Doubt it ,

Seems awfully quiet around here ,and if you go the whole privately people believe this or outside of boards .

It's only opinion or antidotaly speaking which carries little or no weight on here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

The reference is someone sending an innocuous text explaining that their battery was about to run out so their phone was going to be off for the next while

Two posters who are as thick as thieves just so happen to have a PM between them that they can later rely on to 'prove' their innocence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

@Beasty can you just site ban everyone who has posted in this thread? Happy to take one for the team

• Advertisement

I was actually wondering what reference this twitter account linked to by both you and Francie had to do to with this thread.

All makes sense now, the furore over whether Beasty had access to PMs had you all sh1tting it that he would be able to expose the conspiracy at work. By linking to the account of some absolute random lackey stipulating GDPR rules was a pre-empt that even if he had access he wouldn't be able to publicise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

I used the PM function, this is true. You know this because it was posted, it wasn't found out by plucky sleuths.

The theory floated by beasty was we conspired to tag team on posts and create this thread. That didn't happen. Once again you are only here to have a go.

Cut the dramatics, "contacted you immediately". You can't 'have created it with', so you add the dramatic urgency. I created a feedback thread and told Francie. So what? You're so desperately full of it.

The thread was created. Do you suppose the PM function is not for discussing boards? Do you think people use it like gmail?

'join him in abusing an admin', more shite talk. I cited actual warnings and asked for more mods. You are worse than Fox news. I get you are appalled by things in the OP. All you've contributed it saying things that you believe to be true and saying the thread has run its course. But you still won't toddle along. You are just here to disrupt a thread you don't like.

You are only in here to stir, CA is not going to get any better with you still in it. Since you first appeared here you have been stirring and making claims. I'd report you, but y'know...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Beasty had access to PMs had you all sh1tting it that he would be able to expose the conspiracy at work

You really are out there. I sent beasty a screen grab of the PM's where I told Francie about this thread. So that's his 'created it together' theory busted. I also offered, and Francie agreed, to send/show beasty more PM's if he wanted.

So give it up my friend. Back to the grassy knoll with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,357 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

2 people here seem to have no life apart from whinging about this place 24/7

there's a lot of whinging going on from all sides, tbf

I’m not going into specifics here, or talking about anyone in particular, but it would be naïve in the extreme to imagine Boardsies don’t form friendships outside of the Boards platform. In fact I would personally recommend to avoid the Vanilla PM system within Boards, or if using it be very careful of what is said. I communicate with Boardsie friends through text, WhatsApp, email etc, as often as not on matters that have nothing to do with goings on within Boards. No moderators can control friendships that happen to have started on the Boards platform.

By same token anybody with a specific professional association with Boards can, of course, become Boards users, posters, moderators. So the site, or any like it, could potentially be full of bias, site politics and self-serving interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,935 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

O Dear Blanch, can't let that whopper go.

I & others have schooled you many times on misinformation, misrepresentation & Hypocrisy.

Whilst I shouldn't have to, I'll repeat what I actually said. I PM, get PM's like every other poster on Boards, have done so for 12 years on a range of topics, advice and shared interests. You and your "colleagues" continue to twist, turn & insinuate wild conspiracies about collusion, it's offensive & childish but further highlights what I and others have being saying all along, the disgraceful behaviour of some.

The more you keep this nonsense up, the more this Thread will Trend, your just not getting it, are you.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Why were "Wondering this" exactly, my Twitter handle well known, perhaps you don't understand the concept of following, re tweeting, I'm not at all sure if Francie is on Twitter.

I saw this Tweet, as guess what, I also follow Boards on Twitter , shock horror.

But more importantly I have openly questioned the issue around privacy with regards to Vanilla generally, privacy and other issues widely reported across boards itself about the Vanilla migration. You are stuck in this absurd Narrative of conspiracies & yet you claim to be on CA for a long time. I suggest you look closely for Threads in Help desk & feedback, Bugs etc rather than continue to make assumptions.

• Advertisement

Disgusting, disgraceful & still visible, Try to post that on normal Thread & see how long it would take to Banned. Is this really the level of your intellect.

@Boards.ie: Odhran @Boards.ie: Niamh @Beasty @Ten of Swords

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement