Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society (Final) Mount Juliet Estate (24th Sep 1120 -1240 hrs)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

Right, time to post up a few thoughts from this past season. Managed to attend all the outings with a few weekenders with Mrs B thrown in. I have met a new group of golf nuts and friends. Golf at said events has been unfortunately suspect and that is the only real regret that this year has brought. From the friendly faces and ready acceptance of a new member to the fold , i hope to remain part of this crew for the future. Different playing partners every event and i would not hesitate to play with any again.

Capt Fix, Seve, Space ,Charlie ,Break, Benny,Graffix and any other members of committee that i may have omitted you produced an fantastic season.

Capt Fix's weekend began with a drop in to MJ to collect some cards and a meet up with my daughter who lives in the local. Unfortunately she and her mum were preparing funeral arrangements for her stepdad (a good man). We had lost two other elders in the past 3 months.

Played Castlecomer with Fix and Break80. Great craic and what happened under the umbrella in the quarry will remain in the quarry. I was swinging it great according to the Capt. €30 and Christy moore was my reward. Great night in kilkenny, driven on by our Mr Fix.

Woke early Sat morning and the grief just came over me, though about withdrawing etc . Phone home to Mrs B.... re centred. Had breakfast and a good talk with @Snackbox20 . Just to be able to talk with someone really helped. Head and heart were not in it during the round and wrestled with staying up and going home. Great banter going on in the clubhouse during food and prize giving. Home won.

Played with @Snackbox20 @ciano15 and @scotty_golf9 . Those two young guns were launching it and egging each other on and it was great to see friends have that competitive one up-manship with each other. @Snackbox20 played to a plan , no hero stuff, used his shots when he had them and was pipped by a fantastic round by @The Big Easy . Live scoring was a great feature. My golf reflected my mood which has now lifted, 83 on Thursday, index back to 11.2 .

Congratulations to @spacecoyote on GOY . Managed to win even with the bias against him. Mathematically.

Good luck to the jug team and to our incoming Captain for 2023 @RoadRunner . I am working Jug Saturday . Looking forward to meeting up again in the new season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Jeez, lots of great posts and banter. Had got lost in my own comedown from the celebrations and nearly forgot the last post of the outing for this year.

Just to say once again what a great year it's been and delighted to have been involved in one Fix's many innovations for this year - the Stinger Post of the Outing!

Many thanks once again to www.stinger.ie for their generous sponsorship throughout the year. So the final Stinger Post of the Outing has to go to one of the best posts from any of the outing threads this year and that's to our Captain himself @FixdePitchmark for what is not his first love letter to the game of golf and what it means to him and his family.

I had meant to reply at the time with my own, but I'll save it for another day. He told me at the beginning of the year that he couldn't win this prize (even though it was probably the only one he could), but now his time is done I can overrule him!

Sorry Fix

There is also a Stinger Golf best picture prize and that goes to one of our newcomers this year @ciano15 for his beautiful capturing of MJ's full majesty after the round last Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Snackbox20

Two well deserved winners @The Big Easy , congratulations to both captain @FixdePitchmark and @ciano15 . Apologies also to @spacecoyote who I must offer belated congratulations on your golfer of the year victory, I didn't mention it in my previous memoirs.

Snackbox20

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ciano15

Nice one sound, i was taking the view in while @Snackbox20 was checking his scorecard and thought it would make a good picture

Advertisement