Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society (Final) Mount Juliet Estate (24th Sep 1120 -1240 hrs)

Options
  • 25-08-2022 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭

OK all - just wanted a basic intro (I'll post a more detailed post on reason for venue later, (more soft Fix type stuff))

But this is the date and time for GOTY final,

The general idea is - But I can be impromptu too.

10 am arrive early - nice warm up and practice, as factifies are world class - bit of Golf "banter" , betting and Tiger bets.

1030 am A person in each group will be responsible for live scoring - we will go over that with the key people.

1120 to 1240 Tee off in 4 balls, with top few players in GOTY in last groups (Say top 4 only - rest a mix for pace of play).

530 pm Gathering in clubhouse for food and presentation - Jug Team and New Captains intro

830 pm hit the ancient tiles of Kilkenny and general golf chat and messing

1030 pm A few tunes - I might do one myself.

2am - Mike drop by Fix

Other info

1) Tee times will open for this Wed 31st - may have to be prioritized (only initially) - but again shouldn't be any real issues (so no panic) - if you are in top 40 of GOTY and can't go, let us know by PM. We have 36 slots. Please don't be speculatively taking spots on this one.

2) About 15 people over the year came to me about accommodation - and they are booked in to stay in Kilkenny -PM me if you would like to join in and I'll see, If I have anything - or book a room in more luxury yourself if you prefer your comforts and rose petals on the pillow and things you don't need. We are staying in a, let us say, a rustic place. Talk to me Saturday too.

3) A bunch of head case and hardcore lads, make it a weekend every year - and they are playing the Friday (Castlecomer) - PM me if you want to make it a 2 nighter - I've reluctantly got dragged in with these golf head cases - we are going to eat Thai / Asian - casual, few beers. (early to bed), for the History, we will be going for a drink on the Friday here -

4) We obviously have an amazing sponsor in ClubNet - and they played a great part in organising this final outing and the year in general. Thanks to them - they transformed the organisational side and are highly recommended for any societies of our size or even larger organisations.

5) If anyone wants to sponsor any further prizes on the day give us a shout. I'll be putting forward a few prizes myself.

6) "Keep posting" - will be another Post of the outing award (Sponsored by)

There will also be a separate award for Post of the year. Thanks again to Stinger for the lovely prizes and first class service over the year - also to The Big Easy in his diligent and time consuming academic judgment.

7) And in general - enjoy the day - try play at a reasonable pace - but, be sound is rule number 1 (and I'm included) . The idea of the day is the golf - your full participation is only necessary in that - and don't be concerned if you can't do anything else. It is a brilliant that we are a society that golf is number 1 - not the pub , weekend away or some other non golf purpose.

8) I don't care about your club match, your car, your granny's birthday (well that is ok) , your job , your dog, your night out - If you say you are going, pleases go - don't if your not. (joking -kinda 😂) - and don't forget the infamous twos. Timekeeping again, is important on this one.

9) I'll post at the end on a few things - but thanks to all the members for the general and impressive enthusiasm - ye were willing to try a few things, embrace the app, stay around after outing or before - there was a smile - a positivity post covid energy, that was badly needed by me and many others- so well done everyone - well done (Kudos anyone who gets the song reference) .

10) I'll have a few suggestions for the incoming captain and committee - but that is for another time and place. And they can throw them and me out the window. Catch most of ye Saturday - one last chance for us to catch Space - or at least make him nervous at the final.

Post edited by FixdePitchmark on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭benny79

The highlight of the year The boards Society Captains day! The Golf, the laugh, the team, the beers, the dancing, the putting competition at 4 am in the most random of places and the waking up on park benches.... 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I've re-named it...for my year anyway , won't be called that..

😂😂😂 Its still the Captains day imo..

Ken your years well gone - let it go man. Always something new - and new ways of thinking. 😂

Ha.. you just want to make changes for changes sake 😂😂 Its The Captains day deal with it 😂😂😂

• Advertisement

@FixdePitchmark You're first post. Just saying 😉😂

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

The Final!!!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭bobster453

@fixthepitchmark

Room for 1 more at castlecomer day before Mount Juliet??

All - GOTY points will go up later.

But if you are in top 40 and are definitely not going to this due to date or some other reason- could you PM me.

• Advertisement

Time sheet will not go live now, tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭blue note

How does the priority work for registration. I've only two events played, do I hold off on sticking my name down until after those with more have had a chance to register?

Blue note you will be able to register. In top 30...and won an event...

Again people who can't register in first offering...don't panic unlikely all will go who are offered a place...

I'll post more info tomorrow...

Great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Snackbox20

Good evening,

What time will the timesheet go live and how much of my confirmation money will the day cost? Just topped up my clubnet but hoping I topped up enough.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Details in this thread: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058228008/boards-golf-society-clubnet-setup-and-queries

All topped up successfully spacecoyote, just wondering how much captains will cost. I topped up by €80.

Thanks a mill

77 euro with 2s.

Post edited by FixdePitchmark on

Perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

when can people outside top 40 book??

• Advertisement

Will possibly fill from top 40 ...but will open up fully on Monday and then stick yourself on waiting list.

I've also asked for 4 more slots .

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭SEORG

Hi @FixdePitchmark,

Is there a waiting list?

What tees are we playing from? I know lots will want to play from the back, but I wonder should we move up one? Judging by any distance threads we probably are similar to the European tour lads for length, but we probably won't get the same run in September that they'd get in July, so a slightly shorter course might be appropriate.

I'll ask our ClubNet man - I said it was a site ban if anyone mentioned "back" - so hard luck blue note - you followed your recent winning post with a site ban ( I do know back see moding is a card)

Banned!!!!😀 Two less competitors 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

You didn't use the BOLD mod text there Slave1, just wondering if that also constitutes a ban as you issued a ban as a user rather than a moderator?

I'm not issuing a ban here, just asking a clarifying question 😉

Questioning a Mod/Back Seat Modding, Banned 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

Green will be long enough.

Looking forward to see how many of the big boys even reach the dream on plaque on 8th fairway.🥵

What's the plaque on the 8th fairway for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

If you think you can reach the green in two from here.

Dream on

Advertisement