Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At Your Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Those little desserts adorable!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I'd love to know her story and how she got the house !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

amdublin wrote: »
    Was that an insane cat running around like a lunatic?! :D

I think it was the Coronation Street cat, trying to get as far away from the Webster's as possible..

"Hosted lunches" - sounds so posh

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Glass bowl looks like an ashtray!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Buying the cakes defeats the purpose. Def wants to do the easy way out.

She likes taking short cuts!

She bought the cakes... Surely that's cheating..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭baldbear

Aghhh jaysus shes awful lazy! Buying in cakes....

More staff!!!!!

• Advertisement

22euro per person for tea and a bun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

are they only getting tea and a bun for 22 euro:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Wouldn't mind seeing the house but can't say Afternoon Tea would be my thing! :)

This lady doesn't want to do any work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Francis obviously doesn't have much faith in the future of the business.

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    are they only getting tea and a bun for 22 euro:eek:

Sounded like it but I did spot a few glasses of fizz too
    Thats Mad

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

she came across as so lazy in the end, really should be handing it over to next generation as she has no interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭baldbear

Id make me own hang sangidges and buns and bring a few cans a dutch gold for about €5.Get a blanket and sit on their posh lawn.€22 is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Arty type, doesn't do hard work .... she needs to wake up

I'm not sure branding her as lazy is fair, she is more if an artiste I think
    No one person could do all that work but I agree the next generation or a manager is needed
    It is fab I would love to go there
    She must be financing it from independent means
    Best of luck to her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Lisha wrote: »
    I'd love to know her story and how she got the house !
    Aisling has a very interesting family history - Maud Gonne was her Great Grandmother.

Aisling’s great grandmother, Maud Gonne, is one of the most famous romantic figures of Irish history. Gonne was renowned for her radical political beliefs and tireless effort to promote Irish independence. She founded the revolutionary group, the Daughters of Erin and, with William Butler Yeats, helped to the Abbey Theatre in Dublin.

Maud Gonne’s daughter Iseult married Francis Stuart, a prolific Irish writer who died in 2000 after receiving Ireland’s highest literary award, the Saoi of Aosdana, for his prodigious output of prose and poetry.

http://www.rossnaree.ie/house/family

Aisling and her mother Imogen were interviewed last year by Miriam O'Callaghan. The podcast is well worth listening to.
    Aisling explains to Miriam how her husband Robert's recent death has prompted her quest for spirituality - she has explored Buddhist spirituality.

Aisling explained how she returned to Ireland with her husband Robert to take over his family home called Rosnaree near Slane, County Meath. They opened the house to guests.

Aisling also runs a Summer school for artists at the house. Imogen supports her venture, saying how important it is for artists to have a basic technical training.

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/miriam-meets/programmes/2012/0520/351008-200512/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

With all due respects to the show, I think their last two episodes fell a bit flat. The 2nd last one they had was the two friends -both called Mark - who really knew themselves where they were going. All they really needed was Karl Fragley's room make-over. Then this last one - where the lady was not prepared to follow hardly any of their advice. Very disappointing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Eyepatch wrote: »
    With all due respects to the show, I think their last two episodes fell a bit flat. The 2nd last one they had was the two friends -both called Mark - who really knew themselves where they were going. All they really needed was Karl Fragley's room make-over. Then this last one - where the lady was not prepared to follow hardly any of their advice. Very disappointing!

Couldn't agree with you more..........this new series is not a patch on earlier shows and is slowly losing its appeal.......sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Aghhh last show in the current series is about to start.

The brothers are in the Kerry Coast Inn.

Hopefully it's back for another series soon, but a weekly prize to the venue up on offer, and a hashtag for the world of Twitter.

"No dust on the TV"..

I would have preferred a dusty flat screen TV :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

all looks good aside from that "domestic linen" :) get Karl Fragely in quick!

amdublin wrote: »
    all looks good aside from that "domestic linen" :) get Karl Fragely in quick!

very good :)
    I can see you being called in as a consultant for the next series..

What age is the young fella?
    He seems very interested anyway

What's with Karl's "rural" accent?!

• Advertisement

I'm not sure letting Doogie Howser take over is a good idea.. Has he ever run anything besides the school tuck shop?

Advertisement