Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At Your Service

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Not the best episode - I feel like they didn't make the most of the Brennan brothers advice, but more luck to them. I've often been in it and I will certainly call there again when I'm down that way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I got distracted :o watching Call the Midwife on BBC, and now Mr Selfridge on TV3

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

The Brennan Brothers sure are Lovely Ambassadors for Kerry I feel. This wasn't the best of episode of 'At Your Service' aired on RTE, but the two boys doing great though ;)!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Yeah - agreed it wasn't the best episode ever but I did quite like the colour the owners picked themselves but felt that the signs were horrendous..........when/if they get new ones they would change the look and curb appeal hugely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Always loved going to Terryglass in the summer via Emerald star and have had many a session in Paddys, couldn't believe the owners in this episode though, they went against the majority of advice that the Brennan brothers were dishing out. Not a good move in my opinion. Love Francis obsession with toilet rolls:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Always loved going to Terryglass in the summer via Emerald star and have had many a session in Paddys, couldn't believe the owners in this episode though, they went against the majority of advice that the Brennan brothers were dishing out. Not a good move in my opinion. Love Francis obsession with toilet rolls:)

... and clothes hangers :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

1966 wrote: »
    Yeah - agreed it wasn't the best episode ever but I did quite like the colour the owners picked themselves

Really? I thought it was rotten....really really dull! Doesn't look inviting at all..They should have went with the plum :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Really? I thought it was rotten....really really dull! Doesn't look inviting at all..They should have went with the plum :(

I agree. I thought the colour they finally used was dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

This place is seriously drab :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"I've never had a moth in my bed before"

Carry On Francis

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Poor choice for makeover

Karl Fraggle-y must have got the bullet..

Karl Fraggle-y must have got the bullet..
    Just for this project, it makes more sense financially for them to use their own interior design person.

All the club members appear to be well heeled.

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    Poor choice for makeover
    I agree, I'm not really a fan of private clubs, there is something elitist about them. It's definitely not my thing.

"I don’t want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" - Groucho Marx

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Moll'll fix it

Verbal diarama more like

Karl would have done a far better job on the interior design, I'm completely underwhelmed.

Pink...? It looks like a brothel / lap dancing club..

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

It looks brutal, not a great show tonight.

That bar is horrendous

• Advertisement

I'm waiting for Lord Bellamy and Lady Marjorie to turn up :rolleyes:

Is there a single person under 70 there? It looks like a crowd dug up out of Glasnevin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I was wondering where the Anglo Irish ascendancy had gone to in the post Celtic Tiger days.

Sorry, It looks like Alan Hughes' sitting room....

I reckon the young people who turned up in the end were the members' children.

Very poor show tonight :(

Definitely not one of the better shows, but you could see both the boys wondering who in hell picked this mausoleum :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Karl would have done a far better job on the interior design, I'm completely underwhelmed.

the woman chosen to do the interior design seemed to be right "fit" for the members.

Roll on next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I find this kind of interesting was a bit airy fairy but its quiet good to watch to see the transformation.

Tonight, the Brennan brothers are visiting the Old Imperial Hotel, Youghal, Co. Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,429 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

On now.

Advertisement