Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At Your Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I enjoyed series again John
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

The fashion show is a little bit lame!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Dromquinna wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for all your comments over the last 8 weeks. As always your comments are on the ball. New series commissioned so we will be back on the road at some stage. John Brennan

Delighted to hear that ... well done again. Tonights show was superb & I'll definitely put Cahirciveen on my list for a weekend break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Give it two years and it will be like the Bates Motel...

"No Mother, I wont do what you're saying.. "

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks everyone for all your comments over the last 8 weeks. As always your comments are on the ball. New series commissioned so we will be back on the road at some stage. John Brennan
    Thanks John, continued success to yourself and Francis

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Back again!!!! Hooray!!!!

Thanks again for posting John. It's nice to think of you and Francis reading our musings.

Good luck in the Park and good luck with your glamping in Dromquina!
    Regards
    Amdub

• Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Thanks everyone for all your comments over the last 8 weeks. As always you're comments are on the ball. New series commissioned so we will be back on the road at some stage. John Brennan

Get that weekly prize going....And the twitter, the show threading would get a lot more interest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Get that weekly prize going....And the twitter, the show threading would get a lot more interest.

This is where it's at :pac:

Who needs Twitter when you have this thread on Boards :confused:

Cheers John, you and your brother are gents.

The highlight of the series for me was when the artist in Temple Bar was explaining his installation to you (it was the Artists club week). You did well to keep a straight face and your response gave me a giggle.

I hope to make it to your hotel for afternoon tea someday......maybe we''ll organise a group of Boardsies to arrive en masse!

Cheers John, you and your brother are gents.

The highlight of the series for me was when the artist in Temple Bar was explaining his installation to you (it was the Artists club week). You did well to keep a straight face and your response gave me a giggle.

I hope to make it to your hotel for afternoon tea someday......maybe we''ll organise a group of Boardsies to arrive en masse!

I don't remember this one but it sounds funny! :) What was the installation?!!!!

Afternoon tea in Kenmare sounds like a plan!

• Advertisement

For me the allure of this program is the varied results.

For example if you compare it to Don't Tell the Bride: every single episode of DTTB has a bit of drama in it, looks like everything is going wrong, all comes right and surprise surprise everything perfect on the day.

Whereas in AYS, while it follows the same format every week I.e. The Brennans come in say what need to be fixed, the results vary from business to business and are dependent on the people involved.

What I am trying to say is that I suspect the production company are very very involved in driving the end results in DTTB (even though it is supposed to be "reality") whereas the production in AYS let nature take it's course and just show the results.

amdublin wrote: »

What was the installation!!!

Who knows!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Back on track! Loved tonight's show. It's great when the "clients" accept the advice wholeheartedly and put it into practice to the best of their ability. Karl did a great job. Excellent all round! Looking forward to next series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Love the show and enjoyed this series - didn't realise there was a thread until now.

So irritating when they don't listen to the Brennan's advice. Why bother asking for their help and then doing what you want anyway. Comes across really bad.

The guys in Kerry were great. Hope it all works out for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

It was a mixed bag this year. Some of the participants seemed to go on the programme just to get some exposure on RTE1, sadly. They had little interest in the suggestions made by Francis, John and Karl.

But the people who fully embraced the proposals made did best out of the show. They will benefit from their changes in the long term, when any initial boost from the publicity generated has subsided.

It is an excellent programme, and great to hear there is another Series planned. Hopefully the next round of participants will make full use of the advice they are given.

And thanks to John Brennan for dropping in to say kind words about this thread, nobody else in RTE ever makes the effort. It would be nice if Ryan Tubridy posted in the LLS thread to thank his loyal viewers!

If you are suffering withdrawal symptoms since the end of the last series of 'At Your Service', you might be interested in the repeat of Series 1 of 'Francis Brennan's Grand Tour', tonight at 8.30 on RTE1 ...

Season 1 Episode 1 of 6
    Barcelona The hotelier leads a group of 16 tourists on a coach trip through Europe - despite having no previous experience as a tour guide. The journey begins in Barcelona, Spain, where the holiday-makers see sights including the Sagrada Familia church, food market La Boqueria and Tibidabo, an amusement park situated high above the city. Francis also tries to set two of the group up on a date

It was a bit like Coach Trip. Actually, it was very like Coach Trip. I thought it was only alright, but sure if Francis B is in it, it has to be worth a look if you haven't seen it before, doesn't it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Skid X wrote: »
    If you are suffering withdrawal symptoms since the end of the last series of 'At Your Service', you might be interested in the repeat of Series 1 of 'Francis Brennan's Grand Tour', tonight at 8.30 on RTE1 ...

Season 1 Episode 1 of 6
    Barcelona The hotelier leads a group of 16 tourists on a coach trip through Europe - despite having no previous experience as a tour guide. The journey begins in Barcelona, Spain, where the holiday-makers see sights including the Sagrada Familia church, food market La Boqueria and Tibidabo, an amusement park situated high above the city. Francis also tries to set two of the group up on a date

It was a bit like Coach Trip. Actually, it was very like Coach Trip. I thought it was only alright, but sure if Francis B is in it, it has to be worth a look if you haven't seen it before, doesn't it? :)

I remember that, Francis was superb but some of his tourists were an almighty crowd of moaners and all round pain in the butt. Francis had the patience of a Saint, I'd have kicked that young studenty fellow off the bus & let him find his own way home :mad:

I agree - Francis had the "patience of saint", with the crowd he had with him. I don't think he was in any mood to keep up with any of them after it was all over! LOL! It is worth a watch, if you have not seen it. :)

I see RTE will be showing repeats of At Your Service, starting on Tuesday April 9th at 3.05pm (with another show on the following Thursday)

Season 1 Episode 1
    Expert hoteliers Francis and John Brennan give business makeovers to hotels, guest houses and B&Bs in urgent need of transformation. The brothers begin with Poulaphouca House, a family-run hotel in Co Wicklow, which is considering expanding to include a gourmet restaurant

More repeats of At Your Service - this time they are on the digital channel 'Home' (Sky Channel 246), starting next Monday at 12pm (repeated at 8pm), and continuing every Weekday ...

http://www.locatetv.com/tv/at-your-service/season-1/5759754
    Season 1 Episode 1
    Expert hoteliers Francis and John Brennan give business makeovers to hotels, guest houses and B&Bs in urgent need of transformation. The brothers begin with Poulaphouca House, a family-run hotel in Co Wicklow, which is considering expanding to include a gourmet restaurant

Great to see the shows on a UK Station, nice exposure for the Brennans and the Tourism Industry.

• Advertisement

John and Francis, I hope you are getting a few bob for all these repeats :)

At Your Service is on again, RTE1 Sunday 8pm
    At Your Service
    Season 3 Episode 1 of 8
    Lough Key House, Co Roscommon John and Francis Brennan offer advice to more struggling hoteliers, beginning with Francis McDonagh, who hopes to turn her country house in Co Roscommon into a sustainable business. However, the brothers discover that, on average, only one room of the hotel is occupied each night, and their plan for the property's future forces Francis to make some tough decisions

Great to see At Your Service on Home Channel. They are under the name Hotel Fixers. Very entertaining even being seen for the umteenth time!

Ding Ding.

RTE1 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

What a beautiful house! I love it..

Is this a new series?

Would really love a weekly competition to and Twitter hashtag

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Is this a new series?

Would really love a weekly competition to and Twitter hashtag
    No, this is a repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭brian_t

They get great reviews on TripAdvisor.

Lough Key House

I liked that woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 victorpaul1

Interesting TV Show, wanna watch again and again.

• Advertisement

This is on the RTE website - Maybe you, or someone you know, has a business which could use some help from the Brennan Brothers?

http://www.rte.ie/tv/audienceparticipation/atyourservice.html
    This is an exciting chance to transform your business in 2014!

We're currently researching a new series of
    At Your Service, starring renowned hotel experts
    John and Francis Brennan.

If you own or run a hotel, guesthouse, B&B, hostel, caravan park, campsite, self-catering cottages, etc. then this is your chance to get advice from the Brennans which could change your business forever. We're also looking for diversification projects for the show too so please get in touch if you think the Brennans could help your business.

We'd love to hear from you. If you are interested in taking part
    and being on TV, please contact:

Maggi Gibson
    Executive Producer

(contact details included at http://www.rte.ie/tv/audienceparticipation/atyourservice.html

Great to see the show returning for a new series, I wonder what the 'diversification projects' might turn out to be?, nice to see them trying something new.

Advertisement