Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At Your Service

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Lisha wrote: »
    I really love their hotel in kenmare
    Oh I need a small lotto win ASAP

Have you been there, Lisha?

It looks lovely. Francis said on the Radio lots of people drop in just to have a chat with him. I would probably do the same if I was passing :o:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Great idea doing that little wedding display in the corner.

I agree Skid, think they are going to have to hire a wedding co-ordinator/events & banqueting manager or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Lisha wrote: »
    I really love their hotel in kenmare
    Oh I need a small lotto win ASAP

You're not the only one! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

amdublin wrote: »
    Great idea doing that little wedding display in the corner.

You're late checking in...

They dont seem to have the personality to run a business. Three very subdued individuals..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

They dont seem to have the personality to run a business. Three very subdued individuals..

agree the lads are minus craic;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Skid wrote: »

Have you been there, Lisha?

It looks lovely. Francis said on the Radio lots of people drop in just to have a chat with him. I would probably do the same if I was passing :o:)

Stayed in kenmare for a week a few yrs ago
    Could not resist popping in hotel for afternoon tea one day
    Dear God I still remember the home made biscuits amazing. Really lovely gardens I spent ages there with my little boy
    Really welcoming staff sadly neither John nor Francis were around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Ha fag flicked into the fire. Class work editor

I wonder if they are prepared to invest in the Hotel, to get more Wedding functions?

They only came into the business by accident, having bought the place to stick Apartments on the site.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I stayed in the Park as a special treat. It was lovely, an old type place, not a souless box,like so many of our hotels.
    I arrived to reception with my bag and the guy there was all apologies for not coming out to meet me. He brought me to the room and I gave him a tip. Only copped after that it was John himself!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Sorry sir I had to do a late room service run.

They should lash through the rooms seeing as they are ex builders etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭baldbear

Its like 1970s knocking shop.

I stayed in the Park as a special treat. It was lovely, an old type place, not a souless box,like so many of our hotels.
    I arrived to reception with my bag and the guy there was all apologies for not coming out to meet me. He brought me to the room and I gave him a tip. Only copped after that it was John himself!!!

It really is lovely the suit of armour in reception is fab

What the hell is a "beauty board" by the way???

I love the trim around the bathroom door.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

the bed is way too low. nearly like sleeping on the floor

The room looks fantastic i.e. like every hotel's banqueting room in Ireland

Not mad on the room design. I think the room looks like the backdrop you would use for a stall at a trade show

I love John & Francis :o

3 months later and still no E on the hotel sign on top of roof ! !

amdublin wrote: »
    I love John & Francis :o

I think they should be on every RTE show.

Primetime, The Daily Show, Fair City, The Football, The Weather - every show could be improved by having more John & Francis.

Could they not have replaced that missing E from the roof sign??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

Skid wrote: »
    Is there an Elephant in The Room here? Stock going 'missing'?

If they are only doing stock take every six months its almost guaranteed there are shortages.

I know a lot of hotels where its a full stock take every two weeks.

The fact that no-one was checking deliveries is criminal.

You can guarantee that a lot of the suppliers will have made "mistakes" with deliveries if they werent checking them.

And guess what none of them would be overages.

There's a fair few builders running hotels around the country the vast majority of them arent up to it.

Its a completely different mindset and skillset to the building trade.

We are heading down to Rosslare next week ...
    Hoteliers Francis and John Brennan are called in by St Helen's Bay Golf Club near Rosslare Harbour in Co Wexford to help improve the business and turn loss into profit. Under the guidance of the commercial masterminds, owner Larry Byrne works on a plan to attract families and non-members and to revamp the neglected holiday cottages around the site. But wild weather proves challenging as the Irish summer fails to materialise

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Good Evening Folks!

We're off to Rosslare tonight :)

Programme 3: St Helen's Bay Golf Club

It's a first for hotel experts John and Francis Brennan. They've been called in by St Helen's Bay Golf Club near Rosslare Harbour in County Wexford to help them makeover their golfing business.

Owner Larry Byrne is first and foremost a golfer but the Brennans want him to realise the potential of the site to attract more than just golfers. The Brennans come up with a plan to attract families and non-members and to revamp the neglected holiday cottages. But wild weather proves challenging as the Irish summer fails to materialise.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/programmes/atyourservice.html

All tuned in everyone?! :)

The view of Tuskar Lighthouse is beautiful.

Loving Francis' trousers!

The pink trousers on him.. lol.. He thought the ladies tee box was the green... :pac:

It is gorgeous there

The golfing is hilarious

I'd say there's no fear of rory s job with Francis

twirlagig wrote: »
    Loving Francis' trousers!
    I love the pink trousers, good to see he is in touch with his feminine side ;)

• Advertisement

This place has tonnes of potential.

Advertisement