Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Pay Talks - see mod warning post 4293

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,030 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yeah right, in reality you have zero assurance in relation to an electronic vote.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭bren2001

It’s complete speculation on your side and my side as to how the FORSA software works.

I was part of an evote where I work 2 weeks ago. Results were locked until the poll closed. We could see the numbers voted in real time. That’s it. That’s the standard. That’s how every evote I’ve ever seen has worked. Why would FORSA have anything different? They really don’t care what the result is.

Personally I think it’s crazy SIPTU still use paper ballots. Waste of money. Waste of paper. Waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

Ya can but ya dont. The voting process needs to be auditable to prevent challenges to the result.

Even a hint of that activity would be disastrous

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Saulgudman

How much money was wasted on that referendum I wonder. Surely there is a few more quid in the coffers for a new pay deal if we get another No from the public sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭solidasarock

The referendum cost 16 million.

The proposed pay deal is 3.6 billion.

• Advertisement

Private sector expected to do substantially better than the public sector pay deal. Not surprising.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Still constant spam from the unions about voting - 3 emails in the past week - never remember this before

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭gifted

Got my increment this week...point 11 to point 12......grand total of €7.68 a week.....a whole year to get that...sad thing is its the same next year 😭😭😭

I really wish people would stop equating this to the pay deals.

The increments are a pre-agreed pay scale which is supposed to reflect your experience and ability to do the job better, over the years.

If they did not have this then every job would have to be advertised with a much much higher base salary.

If anything, they are a massive barrier to attracting people into the PS, as they have to take massive pay cuts to the bottom of the scale. It is very difficult to assign private sector experience to going up the scales, at entry. I was only able to do it because my contracting was into the PS, in the same role I was taking at a permanent basis. All my other experience was ignored

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Unite went 93% in favour

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Quite shocked by that, where I work their stance is usually No as a starting point for everything.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Im impressed by how quickly they got the results out, last postal votes were allowed on the 8th, so less than 4 days to get them all counted and signed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭maneno

never expected that percentage 😳. When are all the other unions tallying their results ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭amacca

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Risoc

Forsa 94%. Mad stuff. Civil servants on this thread are not representative, clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,249 ✭✭✭✭noodler

TUI 82%

Where are you getting that from.

Vote only closed at 12:00. Nothing on their website.

BTW the vast majority of Forsa members are not civil servants

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Time to close thread for another 2.5 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭aidan364

I just got an email from Forsa saying it was 94%. its an electronic vote so the results will be instant. I guess now we can assume the deal has been accepted by the members.

I will be interested to see what the results of the overall vote will be

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭crinkley

Oh god now we have to put up with the 90+% of people voted for a pay cut posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭bren2001

Those figures are little higher than I expected but I expected it to sail through. It was said umpteen times that this thread isn't reflective of the views in the Public Sector at all.

With such a high percentage (of those who voted) voting in favor of the deal, I think it shows the majority of people think the Unions are doing a decent job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Gusser09

I said it all along. Thought it would be as high as 85 percent but not shocked it hit the mid 90's. Teachers also backing it to such an extent says something.

A good deal despite some of the garbage spouted by the usual sources on this thread. The result really can't be argued with.

Of course it's not. We're the online groups.

Most PS workers just don't care. It's why we can get such a crappy deal throw at us. I had, in vain, hoped that it would be 70:30 to send a message to the union but nope.

That headline figure is always promoted and is what people accept. It's the same trick as keeping products at 999 instead of a 1,000.

Brain focusses on the more beneficial figure

Post edited by Norrie Rugger Head on

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

Shite deal but if such a large majority are happy with it that's that, going to miss reading the arguments here for the next 27 odd months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Let's not get too excited. 33% of the Forsa membership didn't even bother to vote and they had to beg to get as many votes in as they did. There is no power in the Unions anymore.

I voted No, and stood by my principles. I value myself, even if my colleagues don't value themselves.

This is another bad deal, the Government and DPER won the day here. Mark my words, in 12/18 months time people will be online again complaining of not being able to meet their living costs, not being able to recruit staff, or staff leaving for better paid work in the private sector - yet they'll still vote in a bad deal.

I was right after the last deal, and I'll be right after this one too.

See you next time.

Post edited by Ezeoul on

I know plenty of grade V who are not doing just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Gusser09

If the deal was indeed so bad then no way would 94% of members in Forsa have voted for it. Another landslide.

This is a good deal for most and probably a not so good deal for a few. It's ridiculous to perceives the sheer scale of the yes vote any other way. A good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

To be fair there were plenty who predicted it would 90+ % for

Mostly while saying that this thread isn’t representative though

Advertisement