Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula-E Gen. 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Race red Flagged now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Well thats that then

Well done to Jake Dennis.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

You kind of have to feel sorry for Nick Cassidy. The man's a brilliant driver and twice in the last two races he gets taken out by another driver acting the maggot.

Ms

Not only another driver but his teammate at that too which is worse.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

India confirmed to return. Double-header in Shanghai. Jakarta is out because it interferes with presidential election campaign period. Rome will be replaced with somewhere else in Italy.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Awe that's a pity about Rome. I like the circuit. Hopefully it comes back.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Rome was utter carnage. Though I thought it was just that bit too tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

This is disappointing. Hopefully if Virgin Media are still showing it, they won't lock it away on Virgin Media More.

Ms

That is disappointing I agree. Hopefully Virgin media or You-Tube will have it still.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Some sad news. Extreme E racing driver Kyle Leduc has died from cancer :(

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Latest approved calendar from the WMSC. Misano replaces Rome, and Portland becomes a doubleheader.

FE have just sold their soul to TNT.

Fuck that, I'm not spending €25/month on Sports Extra just to watch. There goes my live streak dating back to Beijing 2014...

The deal also means Virgin Media won't have it anymore.

It performed poorly on any of the FTA channels it's been on, and it's been around them all. It's a sad situation but F1 is on Sky, Moto GP is also on TNT so Formula E has nowhere else to go.

That said, I reckon it's still going to be streamed on YouTube if you happen to be in the right country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Schorpio

I always found it to be really badly advertised/promoted, no matter which FTA network it was on.

Even if it performed poorly on FTA, putting the sport behind a paywall will surely not develop an audience. I'm an avid F1 watcher. I would watch FE was it was on, but more in an 'I could take it or leave it' sort of way. Zero chance I am going to take out a subscription to watch it.

Ms

That's a pity. We'll that's one way to kill of the sport.

Unless it will still be on You-Tube otherwise I see it dieing.

That's a pity but the Virgin done such a bad job of showing it anyway. Channel 4 always done a better job.

Yes Hopefully we will still be able to watch it on You-Tube but if not then it's by by Formula E. Sad really. It should be the future of racing but it might end because of this.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

We're saved...? I can't confirm just yet because the Sky Guide doesn't have the entirety of Saturday up.

It's likely a mistake since FE might think we get the continental Eurosport feed rather than the British one.

For the first time in 2024

It's race week.

However the season has already had a cancellation. Hyderabad officials are in breach of contract so the e-prix is cancelled.

https://www.reuters.com/sports/motor-sports/formula-e-cancels-hyderabad-race-2024-01-06/

So Virgin still have rights! Unfortunately it's still on their scummy More channel 🤬

Might be a silver lining to that if it means we get a free to air highlights or better yet a full race replay on the Virgin Media player. Watching live is of course preferable but like with Channel 4 and Formula 1, not essential. Anyway Formula E isn't widely reported on in mainstream media so avoiding spoilers is a bit easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭jeremyr62

I used to watch it on Discovery+ but their website seems pretty barren with only old races. I assume it's gone from there too?

Last year I was all excited when MotoGP was supposed to transfer to Discovery+. Needless to say Ireland didn't get it...

• Advertisement

So I heard reports TNT were taking ad breaks during free practice; and now also they missed the first half minute of quali group B because their ads overran.

Fucking amateurs.

well that was a snore

It started out alright but the lack of any real fight afterwards was disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Not much to enjoy out of that race. I think the format needs something more that attack mode. Maybe put attack mode in the pit lane so cars will be 15-20 seconds out of position?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

It's the energy management element that is sucking the excitement out of the racing. Personally I think they should do away with the added on laps and let them used the saved energy from safety car/FCY to go hell for leather to the finish line.

Ms

So was it live on You-Tube or where did ye watch it? I seen the highlights on You-Tube.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

It was on TNT Sports. You certainly wouldn't be paying for sports channel to watch it the way out is. I'm a big fan of Motorsport, and certainly have championed Formula e over the years, but it definitely needs to be spiced up!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Was it just me or were the commentators going a mile a minute? I missed almost every team radio as the commentators wouldn't shut the hell up for 20 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭Trampas

Seems like tnt have decided not to keep up with previous years in showing the full race on YouTube.

Pity they’ve done that as that’s where I’d be watching it over the following days after a weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jv2000

Yeah they had the main commentator and Coulthard and Chandock. There was a moment where I was trying to figure out who was the lead commentator. Glad they had so much to talk about because there wasn't much going happening on track.

Also I was 100% convinced that the win was going to be taken away after the race but actually that didn't happen (for once). It took from the enjoyment though.

Advertisement