Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Russia

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,339 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

You haven't actually read that site. Don't pretend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,197 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The conspiracies are the same. A bunch of "online detectives" crawl through the facts and information trying to find "discrepancies" - anything which they feel can't be explained to them, this means some conspiracy took place. A conspiracy no one ever details properly. Boston bombing, Sandy Hook, Vegas shooting, 7/7, Paris attacks, Charlie Hebdo, etc, etc - all inside jobs that no one can explain. Like 9/11.

I'll demonstrate, what is the strongest 9/11 conspiracy? Link to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

"9/11 was an inside job"

-"Okay what happened?"

"No it doesn't work like that, you have to prove the facts to me or else it's a conspiracy"

-"But you can just subjectively reject any of the facts.."

"Exactly"

The self-created win-win.

But when Sandy Hook truthers or moon hoax truthers or flat earthers do that it's not valid.

It's only valid when you apply that tactic to 9/11, JFK and the Holocaust.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

Cheerful, I'd like to ask you two questions. And without your usual procrastinating or deflection would you please provide me with two straightforward answers.

@Cheerful S ....thinking that Russia has nothing to worry about when Washington was sending aircraft loads of weapons to Ukraine years before the invasion began.

Ukraine has never been armed by the US with serious "offensive" weapons prior to this invasion. If they had then there would be no need for the US - and all the other countries - to be spending billions arming the Ukraine now. Any "defensive" weapons previously provided would have been normal arms dealings between countries.

So my first question to you is would you please provide a link to confirm all these "aircraft loads of weapons" supplied to Ukraine that would have had Putin quaking in his boots.

Ukraine forfeited their nuclear weapons a long time ago. Ukraine have no weapons of mass destruction. Neither the US or Nato had any serious offensive weapons on Ukrainian territory when Putin invaded, and there were no plans to do so at any time in the future. The US and Russia already have hundreds of nuclear warheads from their respective nuclear arsenals pointed at each other so why would the US need an extra couple of them sited in Ukraine? Furthermore the Cold War ended over 30 years ago, so if the US wanted to use Ukraine as a means of threatening Russia do you not think a deal would have been struck long ago to nuclear arm Ukraine to the teeth? The truth of the matter is nothing to do with any perceived threats from Ukraine, Nato or the US. It's simply that Putin could not stand and would not accept the fact that Ukraine wanted to better itself by joining the EU. He wanted to keep them as a Russian satellite state and within his control.

So my second question to you is therefore very simple:

Why do you believe that it's fine for Russia to have nuclear warheads pointed at almost every country on the planet, but a country bordering them, with no nuclear weapons and no ambitions of getting any, are seen as a threat that warrants invading them and butchering thousands?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

"By broadcasting shite every night and watching it on Twitter and forum sites, it is quite possible to convince a large number of people to believe in fake news." 

Then 2 hours later Cheerful posts a tweet from an account with 29 followers as evidence.

Fantastic.

Claims the US president was part of the 9/11 "inside job". Watches something about Nazis escaping Germany after the war on TV. Forgets the previous claim, new claim becomes that German Nazis, literally from World War 2, were trying to target George Bush with 9/11. It just gets more and more fascinating.

Actual quote below:

"The second operation the demolitions i consider someone else did that. ( i think the 9/11 event was hijacked by another group) Probably post war Nazis (crazy as thats sound to you) They just replaced the SS uniform after war and became ( international bankers and criminals) they used their wealth for bad things."

Bonus: Claims these Nazis were "probably" behind the JFK assassination

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Considering a lot of these actual WW2 Nazis - any really in any sort of senior position - would've been about 100 years old on 9/11 its an impressive achievement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,647 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Ah yes but they sacrifice babies and eat them to stay young.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

You are already starting off on the wrong foot because you will disregard everything I say anyway. Your first statement indicates your intention. 

It is necessary for you to explain why Nato's expansion all the way to the Russian border is beneficial to them? Could you please explain?

The Russian president has consistently said that the inclusion of Ukraine in a Nato alliance would be too much and that he would intervene. Since he has been claiming this for over a decade, it's not like he awoke one morning weeks before the invasion and made a false claim regarding Ukraine becoming a member of Nato and hoped that everyone would fall for it. Putin outlined this principle in 2008 at the NATO summit in Bucharest, when he went there he told the attendees that Ukraine and Georgia are not to be pushed into joining NATO. Your perceived level of understanding leads you to believe Putin is an insane individual who never had any legitimate cause to be angry.  

If you want to know what prompted Putin to mobilize his forces for an invasion, it was this.

NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCI Agency) and Ukraine signed on 17 January 2022 a renewed Memorandum of Agreement to continue their work together on technology-related projects..

As a result of this agreement, Ukrainian armies will be militarized to NATO standards, along with all communications and networks. Eventually, more heavy equipment will start coming to support military offensive operations. 

Both Ukraine and Russia have a shared history of conflict, and many people in the east of Ukraine still retain an affinity for the past due to their ethnic Russian heritage. Since the overthrow of the government in 2004, Ukraine has attempted to ban the teaching of the Russian language in schools. Putin frequently refers to the Nazis as Ukrainian nationalists as those people who try to eradicate the Russian ethnic identity in the east. The people were not going to put up with this and fought back.  

I don't have enough time to search for news headlines on Google in order to satisfy your information needs. Previously, I read this material online. There is ample evidence that Ukraine was armed prior to the invasion and that Nato trainers trained Ukrainian combat troops. Russia even attacked one of Nato's training facilities inside Ukraine. near Poland at the very beginning of the war. Western media ignored what the daily operations at this base were to the war effort in the Donbas. 

After the NIST study was completed in 2008, substantial information was obtained through Freedom of Information requests, and the technical drawings for the building were obtained, allowing engineers and scientists to compare what the NIST study suggested with what actually occurred. There are differences between the actual drawings of Building seven and those in NIST's study. According to NIST, the first collapse was caused by the walk-off of a steel girder at column 79. When this girder was pushed off its seat between the beam and column due to thermal expansion, the collapse occurred.

The truther position on these topics will be impossible to understand until one understands why removing that construction is important. In all situations, localized failures must be modeled using the construction of the building when it was built. This stiffener plate cannot simply be removed by NIST. Removed the 30 shear studs that secure the beam to the concrete floor. The web plate ( NIST removed) is part of the girder, and it is intended to prevent walk-off and sagging. There is something else destroying that girder at column 79 if it is not falling due to natural forces. The debunkers claim that the process of removing construction is based on some science, but that is nonsense. Engineers would not model a real-time collapse of another building like that  

As a result of the drawing, the truther position is fairly well supported regarding all issues relating to removing construction.

It is NIST's assertion that this image is based on (Frankel Steel drawings from 1985) Fabrication shop drawings for building seven 

Upon receiving the originals, notice how different the drawings appear. 

NIST claim on the left and original on the right. It appears they have intentionally removed many elements to get the girder on the eastside to collapse.  

Hulsey diagram and shows why it's unacceptable that NIST removed elements from that seated beam connection. There is no rational reason to remove bits here and there, unless your model was unable to achieve what you desired. 

A 2001 Girder with its seated beam connection and Column 79 

This being the Husley who's study you abandoned when it came out as a complete dud? You haven't brought him up in a while. Almost like you are ashamed of him or something.

Also look how fast and desperately you're running away from the aluminum oxide issue. Even you know that's a fatal flaw to your dumb ideas.

But why do you continue to support them when you yourself proved they were impossible?

• Advertisement

Also i like how in a previous post he claimed "I don't have time to find support for the things I claim".

But then seems to have a ton of time to retype these long winded rambles that are just rehashes of the same tired debunked arguments.

Thank you for your reply, @Cheerful S

I wont be asking you any more questions as you obviously cannot answer them. It simply proves that everything you claim as fact, is in reality false. I wont be posting on this thread any more as its become a ridiculous circus where a couple of dozen posters are all telling you the truth, and you then reply with yet more fantasy stuff. I've a lot better things to do than go round in circles on a forum with a complete stranger who's in constant denial - despite overwhelming facts to the contrary.

@Cheerful S - It is necessary for you to explain why Nato's expansion all the way to the Russian border is beneficial to them? Could you please explain?

Nato has not expanded all the way to the Russian border from within Ukraine because Nato are not in Ukraine, and Ukraine are not in Nato.

If you are referring to other countries that border Russia and are Nato members then they are free to join whomever they want. Additionally, Nato is a defensive alliance that has never posed any threat to Russia. Can you give me one single example of Nato ever attacking Russian territory? Just one single example.

@Cheerful S - NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCI Agency) and Ukraine signed on 17 January 2022 a renewed Memorandum of Agreement to continue their work together on technology-related projects..

As a result of this agreement, Ukrainian armies will be militarized to NATO standards, along with all communications and networks. Eventually, more heavy equipment will start coming to support military offensive operations.

Yes, to work together on technology related projects, as it states.

Where is your proof that more "heavy equipment" would be coming to "support military offensive operations". You've just made that up. Ukraine have only been supplied with military support after Putin invaded Ukraine.

@Cheerful S - I don't have enough time to search for news headlines on Google in order to satisfy your information needs.

So that's your answer to my first question... asking you to provide proof that - as you quoted - "Washington was sending aircraft loads of weapons to Ukraine years before the invasion began". Of course you don't have enough time to look it up, because it never happened!

@Cheerful S - There is ample evidence that Ukraine was armed prior to the invasion

Where?

Please provide links.

@Cheerful S - Nato trainers trained Ukrainian combat troops

Training and arming with offensive weapons are two completely different things.

The US trains the military of many armies from different countries, so does Nato, so does the UK and so does Russia itself. That in itself is not grounds for invading another sovereign country.

My second question to you was: Why do you believe that it's fine for Russia to have nuclear warheads pointed at almost every country on the planet, but a country bordering them, with no nuclear weapons and no ambitions of getting any, are seen as a threat that warrants invading them and butchering thousands?

You chose to completely ignore it.

So two simple questions I put to you, both of which you fail to answer. Instead you post a load of irrelevant padding as a feeble attempt to deflect from the fact that you CANNOT provide any realistic answers.

Surely you've more important things in your life that would take priority over wasting countless hours, days and weeks on a forum trying to prove your conspiracy theories to complete strangers. Not a single person on here supports anything you've said in any of the threads you've participated in... 9/11, holocaust, Russia, etc, etc. Do you ever pause and wonder why?

It's a complete waste of your intelligence.

However, despite your claim that Ukraine was never backed and supported by the alliance, all of those military backings have now come from NATO members. As soon as the military aid began flowing to Ukraine, the notion of no threat basically disappeared. In essence, we have established that Putin was right that the Nato was waiting for the right opportunity to intervene,

Your argument is illogical. How am I supposed to care what members who believe the same silly things about the events in Ukraine have to say about it here? I believe Russia, and not Putin, has the right to protect its security from threats that are deemed unacceptable. Additionally, Russia's team negotiating with Ukraine has accepted Ukraine's proposal to join the EU, the condition was to stay neutral and not join Nato. The sticking point was the east position and rights of the Russians there, as well as the west's persistence in maintaining the war effort, talks broke down.

Russia possesses nuclear weapons as a matter of security, yet another notion that has become an issue due to Russia's complaints about western powers providing Ukraine with weapons to kill soldiers. This type of issue tends to enrage nations. If you do not wish for war, why do you not seek a negotiated settlement here, what is stopping the west from calling Putin and setting up a meeting?

When people are told that something is true, they tend to believe it. However, if something similar occurred in another country, they might reconsider. They are unable to accept that sinister forces may have been responsible for the JFK assassination or for the September 11 attacks. Even after all of the evidence has been presented, we still see their hestitation when the US government admits that there are highly unusual craft in our skies that do not belong to us. They still cannot believe it because their brains are wired in such a way as to disregard all evidence.By the way. Putin and the FSB bombed apartment blocks in Russia. They would believe this, since they are wired this way, so do not mention it here. It is now too late for me to look for this proof again of the west arming Ukraine before the invasion. I am off to bed. I will take a closer look at it when I have time.,

The "truther position" is that 9/11 was an inside job that no one in the "truther" organisation can adequately explain. Same as any other internet conspiracy club.

Some truthers claim there were holographic planes, some believe that explosives were planted in the twin towers when they were built, some believe it was energy weapons. Most have no conspiracy and just stick entirely to denial of the event. You believe it was World War 2 Nazi's.

Which Nazi's, what are their names? what did they do? how did they do it?

Still waiting for an answer..

Post edited by Dohnjoe on

"If you do not wish for war, why do you not seek a negotiated settlement here, what is stopping the west from calling Putin and setting up a meeting?"

Utterly no grasp of reality, it's amazing.

• Advertisement

Ukraine received some foreign arms prior to the invasion. As is their right as a sovereign nation. When you debate with a conspiracy theorist, if you make any mistake, you've "lost" the debate and whatever the conspiracy theorist is suggesting automatically becomes true.

This is why they try to drag posters down into tiny granular details, and when something can't be fully explained to them, it means the conspiracy must have some merit. Conspiracies like 9/11 thrive on this. Can't explain exactly what happened to screw 10 in girder C at floor 9 at 5:42pm? Oops, the official story is "falling apart". 800 page report makes some erroneous errors that have zero bearing on final conclusion? Uh oh, the entire narrative is falling apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

What’s more exhausting? Trying to shape every world event around your conspiracy opinions, or being constantly wrong?

Sensing another declaration that he's done with the topic coming again soon.

@Dohnjoe - Ukraine received some foreign arms prior to the invasion. As is their right as a sovereign nation.

I fully appreciate that and have never refuted it. But @Cheerful S claims: "Washington was sending aircraft loads of weapons to Ukraine years before the invasion began", which is simply not true.

The US National Security Council directed officials to put a $125 million arms sales package together only last year as Washington grew increasingly concerned over a massive Russian military buildup near the border with Ukraine and in the Crimean Peninsula. That transaction was put on hold temporarily after Russia announced it would draw down troops stationed near Ukraine and in the lead-up to President Joe Biden’s summit with Putin. So Putin was given every chance to refrain from war but he broke his word yet again. $60 million of that package was thereafter delivered during U.S. secretary of defence Lloyd Austin’s visit to Kiev in late October last year after intel (which proved 100% correct), and the continued massive build up of Russian troops, indicated an invasion of Ukraine was imminent.

Prior to Russia's build up of troops on the Ukraine border there were never any major arms deals being conducted by anyone with Ukraine. So the perceived threat to Russia that @Cheerful S likes to keep banging the drum about is nothing but a fallacy. It is less than a year since Ukraine received arms, not years before as he claims. And if Russia had behaved itself this would never have happened.

Post edited by goldenmick on

Once again, this represents a failure of understanding that steel is a fire-resistant material and that for the first time in history, a fire brought down a steel-framed structure of this kind.

As you consider this event here at seven, you should concentrate on that "first-time" factor. These collapses changed the engineering world's perceptions, they'll too be surprised to learn that a third tower fell on 9/11 without being hit by a plane.  

There is one problem, though: if you are going to claim that it was caused by fire, you better have an airtight case. Clearly, this new phenomenon that NIST claims occurred at column 79 is demonstrably false, and most people are unaware that this never-before event has never occurred in any building previously. 

It is difficult to understand why you would remove construction from the scene in a rare fire event and not explain why in your report. Why did NIST not hold a public debate on this issue, or why did they not release their ensuing data for other researchers to analyze? Obviously, debunkers are clueless since they believe that freefall is also unimportant and does not matter here. I am still unable to view the freefall zone in NIST's model, despite the fact that they have finally accepted this notion.

The process is not rocket science, and supposedly educated individuals are welcome to drop an apple from a tree and let it fall to the ground in freefall. What will happen if you place a ladder in the way of the falling apple? There will be resistance, and the apple will just hit the ladder and roll off. Using the NIST model, if the top half of the building crushes the bottom half coming down, how is that possible to be a free fall? Energy is in use to crush and bend steel (*freefall does not work like that) 

The WTC7 collapse was too precise to be caused by a fire. The fire does not destroy every column instantly from one end of the building to the other (that is equivalent to one football pitch in size) 

Perhaps you should improve your search methods since you appear to be assuming that all these weapons and equipment shipments began last year.

It has been occurring since 2014, just to prove your statement incorrect.

Example

https://www.defense.gov/News/Releases/Release/Article/1879340/dod-announces-250m-to-ukraine/

"I can't believe it, therefore some conspiracy happened I can't explain" - every conspiracy theorist

At any point, feel free to become the first 9/11 truther to give it a shot, you've already claimed "Nazi's" did it, okay, who, what are their names? what did they do?

I believe you left out the part that this was speculation. As I recall, I had a host of suspects, not just one. Before you go off on another tangent, I don't believe they all worked together. 

This may be the work of the neocons who faked Iraqi intelligence for war purposes.

Mossad is a possibility.

Possibly a corporate entity 

Organizations involved in world crime

This is something we guess at and never solve. 

Building seven was not destroyed by fire, there can be no doubt about that. No matter how you feel about the Twin Towers, WTC seven dead giveaway proof that they demolished it by controlled demolition - a perfect implosion symmetry. You can see how smoothly building seven falls, with very little distortion, which can only occur if all the columns gave away in a similar manner at the same time

Fires do not speak to themselves, let us take down the 84 columns now we are all done. here. A fire does not behave this way. Fires start and go out, dont burn away all day in the same location without fuel. As the columns are spread out, it makes no sense for the fire to cause a free fall collapse. 

Post edited by Cheerful S on

You openly believe Nazi's from World War 2, Jews and Saudi's blew up the twin towers on 9/11

If you said that to a psychologist or psychiatrist they would immediately start classifying you..

The only person who needs to improve their search methods IS YOU.

Your link merely confirms the supply of support and training programmes, and some small arms for defensive capacity, as CLEARLY STATED below. You couldn't invade a corner shop with what they were given, never mind threaten a country the size of Russia.

The Department of Defense announced today plans to provide $250 million to Ukraine in security cooperation funds for additional training, equipment, and advisory efforts

The new funds will provide equipment to support ongoing training programs and operational needs, including capabilities to enhance: maritime situational awareness and operations as part of ongoing U.S. efforts to increase support for Ukraine’s Navy and Naval Infantry; the defensive capacity and survivability of Ukraine’s Land and Special Operations Forces through the provision of sniper rifles, rocket-propelled grenade launchers, and counter-artillery radars; command and control; electronic warfare detection and secure communications; military mobility; night vision; and, military medical treatment. 

As I've told you before, this is no different from hundreds of other military support programmes given to various countries by the US, the UK, numerous other countries AND RUSSIA. It's NOT the "aircraft loads of weapons to Ukraine years before the invasion began", as you stated.

There is no information out there that will in any way substantiate what you say because it never happened.

It's sad that you're continually clutching at straws to try and prove your wild claims. And you're doing exactly the same on numerous other threads where posters are ridiculing every post you make. When are you going to wise up? When are you going to be a man and simply admit you've got it wrong? You'd at least save some of your dignity if you did, and people on here would start to respect you for at least being big enough to admit your mistakes.

I don't wish to converse with you any more as you've wasted quite enough of my time. You must be the most frustrating person on the whole of Boards so I'll just leave you to carry on trying to put your square blocks into round holes.  

• Advertisement

I guess now, according to Cheerful and the other Putin apologists, Russia would be justified in invading Finland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Many links provide similar information. It was previously your view that military supplies were only provided to Ukraine in 2021, however, Dohnjoe corrected you, and changed the direction of your argument. 

Would 250 million in goodies just be transported by van or car? Many shipments of military goods (yes, weapons) have been sent to Ukraine through airports in the past.

Up until recently, Ukraine was not at war with Russia; it was at war with the breakaway provinces of Donetsk and Luhansk. Yes, my good friend Ukraine as well as other countries must overlook the fact that it was a part of the Soviet Union, and now the United States and the United Kingdom wish it to join a military alliance hostile to Russia. It is your ignorance about history in that region that has caused your ignorance about Russia's viewpoint.

There is no question that you would prefer not to chat with individuals who present a different perspective than your own. Instead, you may prefer to continue chatting with dedicated Ukrainian supporters who have trouble locating the country on the world map a few months ago. The thread made me laugh because they are completely unaware of what is happening on the battlefield., Russia has completely surrounded Severodonetsk from all sides. According to CNN and the Pro Western Media, the Russian military could barely advance. The army was stalled and on the verge of collapse. It is important to emphasize that the Ukrainian army was never able to defeat the Russians anywhere. They retreated and pulled themselves back and were never overrun. It is possible to argue that the Russians were naive regarding the Ukrainian defences heading to Kiev, but there have been no overruns of troops here.

I see you are coping with reality well. The Western media and Ukrainians have done a fantastic job of convincing the world that NATO is a defensive organization, and it just gets better, soon Finland will join, that's another 1,300 km that Russia is going to have to protect from imminent NATO invasion. Perfect timing, just as Russia was invading another country, and doing so well at it, only 650 main battle tanks lost, over 70 vehicles lost in one river crossing attempt yesterday. Ukrainians really on the ropes, any month now..

Twenty years on, still waiting for a 9/11 conspiracy theory that has any lick of truth to it..

Due to the construction of four bridges by the Russians, the Russian forces crossed and advanced. Ukrainians even acknowledged that their defenses failed. It is likely that they post videos such as the one you saw in order to boost morale as they are losing badly in the east. No indication is given in the video if there was a battle between Ukrainian and Russian tanks near the crossing. Video appears legitimate, but there are only tanks in the video. 

Remember that it was the same Ukraine that announced they had killed the Russian general Gerasimov in a surgical strike using multiple missiles and destroyed a command post. It was a lie. The same Ukraine that lied about the performance of its soldiers on Snake Island and the Ghost of Kyiv pilot who shot down 40 Russian fighter planes, they did nothing but bullshit. They even claimed that a major counterattack was taking place in Kherson. I cannot bother to post about more stuff since you believe that it is true when it is announced that Ukraine lost only 5,000 men ya right, 

It's like reading something from the Ru MOD. There was a rumour that Gerasimov was "lightly injured" visiting Donbas, no confirmation. Snake Island happened, however since communications were lost it was presumed the soldiers died, they didn't. The "ghost of Kyiv" is propaganda created by the Ukrainians, even they admit to this.

It's a war, there's lots of propaganda, everything has to be taken with a pinch of salt. The great thing is: we can actually confirm stuff and see front lines with satellite imagery, confirm with visual evidence. For example photographic evidence shows that the Russians have been losing equipment at an incredible scale.

Unfortunately, as we know, you filter real world events through a distorted world view. And when facts contradict that view, you discard them, invent your own narratives. Again, you don't like a photo? You'll literally "see" something different in the photo. I'm sure psychologists would have a field day in here.

Back to 9/11, any new suspects yet or still the same bunch?

@Cheerful S - Many links provide similar information. It was previously your view that military supplies were only provided to Ukraine in 2021, however, Dohnjoe corrected you, and changed the direction of your argument.

That link doesn't prove anything you've said, and no other link would either. If you had any concrete proof then you would have posted it by now, because that's how your mind works. What I said was that no weapons that could be used in an offensive capacity were provided years ago, as you stated. I'm fed up of correcting you as you're like a naughty child in school that doesn't want to learn. You are delusional.

@Dohnjoe never corrected me. He simply agreed that some small arms were previously supplied to help in the DEFENCE of the breakaway regions. Nothing of the like of the "aircraft loads of weapons to Ukraine years before the invasion began", that you stated.

Your stance is that this invasion was caused by the West arming Ukraine to the teeth years ago. And Putin then using that as a threat to Russia. What you believe is totally ludicrous. Ukraine, the US and Nato were not and have never been any threat to Russia, but you simply cannot get this into your head. They are not a threat even now, and are only acting purely in a defensive capacity.

@Cheerful S - Would 250 million in goodies just be transported by van or car? Many shipments of military goods (yes, weapons) have been sent to Ukraine through airports in the past.

The report that YOU linked to confirmed that YOU were totally wrong. That's how much you're tying yourself up in knots on this... exactly the same as you do on all the other threads that you try to project your wild conspiracy theories on.

The report that you linked to - that you are labouring under the impression confirms what you've said - instead just confirms everything that I've said:

The new funds will provide equipment to support ongoing training programs and operational needs, including capabilities to enhance: maritime situational awareness and operations as part of ongoing U.S. efforts to increase support for Ukraine’s Navy and Naval Infantry; the defensive capacity and survivability of Ukraine’s Land and Special Operations Forces through the provision of sniper rifles, rocket-propelled grenade launchers, and counter-artillery radars; command and control; electronic warfare detection and secure communications; military mobility; night vision; and, military medical treatment. 

It's all training programs, support, communications, military medical equipment, etc. Other than some sniper rifles and grenade launchers there are NO heavy weapons, assault weapons, vehicles, tanks, missiles or whatever that could be used in an attack on a country. READ IT YOURSELF. I've highlighted three words in the above quote which clearly state that everything provided was in a purely defensive capacity.

Prior to Putin's invasion, Ukraine have never been armed to the teeth or prepped to invade Russia, or any threat to Russia whatsoever. And they are quite entitled to defend their eastern regions from separatists waging war on them.

Now @Dohnjoe may get some entertainment value out of debating a lost cause with you, but I certainly don't. You must be the most thick-skinned person on the whole forum to continually put yourself up to ridicule by so many dozens of posters, as has been the case on numerous threads.

A few months ago I spoke some kind words to you on here as I felt sorry for you. You thanked me but thereafter never took my advice. Instead your rantings have got much worse, interspersing rambling comments about JFK, 9/11, Holocaust, etc, in any and every thread you visit. I truly believe you need to take a break from this forum, and any other conspiracy nut-job platforms you visit.

I've explained the FACTS to you several times now, so please do not bother me again. Unless of course you are able to provide categoric proof that Ukraine was supplied years ago with tanks, armoured vehicles, javelins, and other heavy offensive weapons that you allege were the reason for Putin's illegal invasion. I won't hold my breath.

When did I mention that Ukraine was given tanks and personnel carriers before the invasion? Added it like I said it. What an amusing way to respond to me. 

The United States sent assault weapons and US made sniper rifles to Ukraine to enhance its military capabilities, as well as a host of other items probably not reported. It is well known that Ukraine received rocket-propelled grenades, antitank missiles, and battlefield communications. 

Talking nonsense, none of the items listed are offensive weapons. It appears to me that you are clueless about the fact that Ukrainians were not at war with Russia. They were at war with two breakaway republics. Ukraine had better heavy equipment than they did, so there was no need for heavy equipment supplies tiill now.

What Putin was arguing and ignored is that Nato had already established a base of operations in the country and was training Ukraine fighters to fight the separatists in Donbas.. Should Ukraine have joined Nato, do you honestly believe the US and UK would not have sent heavy equipment? Very naive this is preemptive attack to stop that from happening. There are 144 million Russians who are concerned about Russia's security. 

What you say is absurd. In the last twenty years, the United Kingdom and the United States have engaged in three major wars in the Middle East and Africa. As a result of their plans, cities in Iraq, Libya, Syria, and other countries have been reduced to rubble. Could Putin trust nations with such a track record? 

Postings are from posters who have similar world views to yours,. Its a small group of individuals who come together to attack those who reject their viewpoints.

It wastes time arguing with strangers who do not share your perspective. agreed there, but never said the debunkers arguments are persuasive, to change my mind about 9/11 or JFK or UFOS.

Like Dohnjoe maybe i am too a masochist.

These types of individuals will never stop, the world revolves around how they imagine it on any given day and their narcissism prevents them seeing it any other way. This forum is an outlet where they bring this fantasy to life.

By encouraging them to respond, they make the best possible argument against their own views. How many other 9/11 truthers do we see here? Indeed.

• Advertisement

@Cheerful S, You seriously need to get out of that dream world that you live in. All these conspiracy theories that you've completely immersed yourself in have totally addled any sense of logic you may once have possessed. Hundreds of thousands of your words on Boards denying the Holocaust, 9/11, JFK, the Ukraine war, and many others. And every single post that you make is complete and utter nonsense where you ignore proven facts and just reply with total gobbledegook. It's quite frightening where some of this could lead you to, and I'm seriously worried about your mental frame of mind. I strongly urge you to seek medical support.

@Cheerful S - When did I mention that Ukraine was given tanks and personnel carriers before the invasion?

Err, by saying the following:

@Cheerful S - You are expressing an extreme view by thinking that Russia has nothing to worry about when Washington was sending aircraft loads of weapons to Ukraine years before the invasion began

Extreme view??

A few grenade launchers and rifles hardly constitutes "plane loads", and a couple of trucks would have been needed not "plane loads". They were for defence only and you could hardly attack the nation of Russia with a few hand held weapons. And this, according to you, had Russia very worried.

You then go on to say:

@Cheerful S - do you honestly believe the US and UK would not have sent heavy equipment?

Heavy equipment would be tanks, vehicles, guided weapons systems, etc... not a few hand held weapons. So your above statement is confirmation of your belief that heavy weapons were supplied, when in fact they were not. Do you see what you are doing? Contradicting yourself and tying yourself up in knots all the time.

The article YOU referenced earlier, and which I've now pointed out to you 3 TIMES, clearly states what was sent. Very little in hand held weapons as mostly what was supplied was training and services. No different from what many other countries receive in military support.

@Cheerful S - There is no legitimate reason for Nato to be on Russia's border aiming missiles and weapons at it.

This single sentence sums up sums up everything about you. The delusions you suffer are quite frightening.

THERE ARE NO NATO MISSILES AND WEAPONS AIMED AT RUSSIA ON THEIR BORDER!!!!! THERE NEVER HAVE BEEN. IT'S A COMPLETE FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION.

It seems all you want to do is defend Russia. No matter what despicable crimes they've committed and no doubt whatever horrors they perpetrate in the future, good old Cheerful will be there waving a flag with the sickle and hammer.

@Cheerful S - Like Dohnjoe maybe i am too a masochist.

You certainly seem to take pleasure in inflicting pain on yourself

Make up stuff as you go along. Holocaust is real and I have never denied it; I have clarified my position based on the evidence as everyone is entitled to do; I said it happened, but the idiots on this site dislike people who point out inconsistencies in the narrative; Holocaust is not like 9/11, JFK, or UFOs.. The overall context is not affected by even a few errors. Both 9/11 and the JFK tragedy present numerous problems, which change the dynamics of a great deal of what happened.

The criticism is laughable in light of the fact that Ukraine backers are supporting modern white nationalists, who are known to have murdered and tortured people of Russian descent. It is only valid criticism if you are not hypocrites and cannot see the problems with your own world view. I have never denied that Russia has invaded Ukraine, but the reasons for their invasion are neglected by Ukrainian flag supporters like yourself. It is unfortunate that Russia invaded Ukraine absolutely no one claims that ordinary citizens should be bombed or forced to flee, your sides ignore the reasons for the invasion,

I am fine mentally. You were on another website looking to start a nuclear war with Russia. Check your own on this matter,. As opposed to tens of thousands perhaps dead looking at billions, you were happy to harm Russia militarily and the country to gain some gratification from the situation. 

Do you have the capability to read. I said aircraft loads of weapons on aircraft, The aid package since 2004 amounted to approximately 2 billion dollars, i believe. Nowhere did I suggest they recieved tanks, armored personnel carriers; that's something you fabricated on your own, 

" According to U.S. Army regulations 320-5 (AR 320-5) "heavy weapons" are all "weapons such as mortars, howitzers, guns, heavy machineguns and recoilless rifles which are usually part of infantry equipment."

Explaining what you think it means, and ignoring i said nothing about tanks and vehicles on planes. Even the second quote i only mention weapons on aircraft.

Failure to recognize the future concern. As soon as a country becomes a member of NATO, all of its weapons including tanks, artillery, and planes are sent to that country. Ukraine was inching closer to joining Nato signing agreements that boasted their security only matter of time before NATO shipped the stuff to Ukraine. Let's pretend that wasn't the case, but that was the case. 

It has always been my view that as soon as Russia touches a NATO country, it becomes a war. No one can predict what will happen next. Due to its geographical location and history, Ukraine should remain neutral. People are too stupid to think like this, which is why Ukraine is at war with Russia. 

Cheerful, you believe that the Holocaust was exaggerated by a Jewish conspiracy and that the numbers are deliberately faked by that conspiracy. You have argued that the gas chambers at Auschwitz are fabrications and that no one was gassed there.

You claimed that millions of people who died in the Holocaust didn't really die and in fact escaped and are involved in the conspiracy.

You only dispute the numbers of Jewish victims because you exclusively swallow propaganda from white nationalists, racists and nazis. You have defended this people directly and repeatedly.

You sir are a Holocaust denier. It doesn't matter how you personally define that word. You've made your vile beliefs clear. It's not the label that people are repulsed by. It's the shite you believe and say.

Even other conspiracy theorists are ashamed of you. Why do you think they go quiet when you talk about the holocaust?

It's taken you 5 days to try and dream up some half-cocked defence to my last post on here, and you come back with the biggest load of drivel yet.

Totally deluded.

And likely beyond help.

As I was getting along in life, I did not dream about what I would say to you. I simply got the time to respond last night

I thought you had given up on me, and sure the delusional crowd on the other thread is still unaware that the Donbas front is coming apart for the Ukrainians? Even those who are aware pretend it is not happening, it is not as bad as it appears.Making claims that Russians are losing two thirds of the army in the process. Completely nonsensical claims due to the fact the Ukrainian army has superior numbers and still losing ground everyday. Russia was preparing the battlefield for all these pockets to be encircled that'ss why the Soviets were masters at outsmarting the Third Reich'ss best armies and generals.

That Kharkiv push is a fade, Ukraine army walked into empty left villages, and started claiming nonsense they pushed the Russian army away. The Russian army left and there holding dozens of BTGS just waiting for the Ukrainian army to mess up and try to come to the Donbas. War in the east done nothing the Ukrainian army can do to stop it.

That river crossing occurred on four sides, the Ukrainians are just using one disaster of crossing to claim that entire operation was a failure wasn't dozens of Russian BTG units got over successfully across the river and made advances. .   As long as Ukraine maintains a high level of morale, it will be able to keep its spirits high, but the reality cannot be avoided. 

Yup, once again, another event happening in the world is misunderstood by everyone but you. This narcissistic belief that countless reporters, experts, analysts are wrong - and you are right. Twisting and distorting everything to fit into your narrative that the West is bad and Putin's Russia is a victim. Russia didn't mean to take Ukraine in 3 days, the move on Kharkiv was just a "feint", that river crossing wasn't a total disaster - endless creative writing and keeping everything vague enough so you can adjust it all on the fly to fit whatever happens

• Advertisement

The ironic thing is his avatar is Mulder from the X-Files.

You couldn't make it up.

(well, he could)

This was a brilliant analysis of Putin's intended takeover of Ukraine in three days. According to whom? Russia has never declared war to mobilize a force that large to conquer the entire country. Nazis invaded the Soviet Union with close to 4 million men, and you think Russia is going to take the rest of Ukraine with 190,000 soldiers. Media and analysts in the West are wrong. These are the same idiots who said Russia running out of missiles at the end of March. Apparently, the Russians are dropping water balloons on Targets in May? They are the same people who said that the Russian lines were fecked in April, the Donbas offensive stalled and RU forces were unable to mount an offensive. Reality just doesn't work that way or happen like that. Russian forces even counterattacked in Kharkiv yesterday, making it more difficult for Ukrainian forces to move around. Ukraine and the west do not live in reality; it had troops to push into Izyum, will not do so but they know they will be defeated. Many of the Russian BTGS have not yet moved in, and are sitting idle waiting for all cracks to open. 

In fact, I even admitted that Russia failed to cross one river crossing and lost a lot of equipment but that is not the overall story. You are presenting one side of the story while ignoring there were multiple operations that were conducted. It is understandable that a failure would be used by the West and Ukraine to paint the picture that all is well in the Donbas. Since the west only wishes to show Ukraine's success when towns and villages are falling all the time in the Donbas, this means that many Ukrainian soldiers are surrendering and being killed and equipment are being destroyed.  

But cheerful, you are a holocaust denier.

This indicates that you are either incredibly deluded and unable to understand history or politics, or you are very dishonest.

Either way, your holocaust denial means that your opinion is not to be taken seriously.

It would be like listening to a flat earther talk about geology or astronomy.

The Russian army has already arrived in Severodonetsk. It is a city that is in danger of falling. No doubt all the leading pundits in the west will argue that this is all part of the plan. 

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement