Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superintending 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭smallgarden

My understanding is that mileage and the daily allowances for short/long/overnights are not taxed, the daily rate and pick up days are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Yeah sorry that is what I meant to say - travel and the full/half day allowances. Not the pickups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Today, 30th September, I finally got paid by the SEC

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gaeilgoirx

Hi, I’m superintending for the first time this year and I just have a couple of questions. When filling in the final report it asks for the number of candidates examined…do I have to fill in the number of junior cycle students even if my centre was an LCA centre?

Also, filling in the form of accounts and detailing my journeys…do I add the kms as a round trip or just the distance from my home to the school I’m superintending in? Any help is really appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Random sample

Just fill in the number in your centre under the correct heading (LCA).

mileage, I would put 2 x 40 or whatever, and have the total in the bottom with it all worked out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

When do we get paid this year? There used to be a payment early on.

i also got moved to a new centre this year, having been in the last one for a good number of years. Do they have a limit on the number of years you can return to the same exam centre?

The new centre is 1) nearer my home so I will get a reduced allowance, and 2) is a much larger centre where I have three times the number of students.

Is the SEC trying to save money by moving us nearer our home and putting us in one large centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

It's normal to be moved on after 4 years or so.

I have heard of superintendents asking for a school that is over X km away and being facilitated, or at least the school they were assigned was better for them than the previous year. Worth a go in 2024.

Payment is 30 days after they receive your form. There should be a small advance today though.

The size of the centres depends on the school facilities. The school I am in has centres of 32 and 16. Luck of the draw which one you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭chases0102

Advance received today - 312 - smaller than last year?

I noted today that the SEC has still not corrected the English version on Form E.10A, the green booklet. It has 'Liosta Shíniú d'Iarrthóirí Seachtracha' but the English translation is just 'Signature List for Candidates'. The English says "All candidates" but the Irish says "Iarrthóirí seachtracha" (external candidates).

Admittedly, I only noticed it today because my green booklet was full of names so I was going to order another booklet when I remembered I had this issue a couple of years ago, and the answer was in the Irish version: only external candidates need to sign the green booklet.

• Advertisement

That's the 600 advance but with no tax credit applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Landers11

Anyone know what the small padded white envelope is for? Brown envelope id for centre rolls, reports? Other white envelope is for financial?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Alex86Eire

I think I read to use them if you confiscate a mobile phone in the general instructions.

they may have been for students who were handing in usbs to add to the script packet. I didn’t have any, but the lady across from me had a full set for a boy who was typing.

Anyone else a bit peeved at the lack of a third collection day this year. It makes the boxes so much heavier and an automatic €300+ less pay if you did the exact same number of days as last year. I always put it down mentally as the extra collection days for lc countered the much longer exam days for jc vs lc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭chases0102

Yeah it’s not an insignificant decrease alright - hopefully it won’t impact too much on the overall pay. I thought the advance was very small too.

LC exam centres are getting very small - in my school, there are a few centres with 1-3 students- they’re not combining them. I hear this will end next year however so this might be the last year of some handy centres.

I got an SEC superintendent payment slip off the fear an phoist today. Gross pay: €600. Net pay: €312.

I'm paying 48% tax, no matter what way the State labels those deductions. Hopefully I won't have to go through many years waiting for the family law courts... or to get an operation in hospital... or wait for an estate to go through probate - all of which charge a further 23% VAT for (exceedingly slow) "services"! - as I might wonder what public services are paid for with all this tax.

Were Economics projects sent back separately earlier in the year? History and Geography projects had to be sent back with the script on exam day, but there's nothing about including the project with the Economics script.

Yes, they are sent back digitally, along with PE, computer science, ag science and a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gaeilgoirx

I acted as a superintendent this year and just checked my revenue and it says payment is due on 7th of July. However, the gross amount is extremely less than I was expecting. Do they pay in instalments or has there been a mistake? I understand they would have deducted the advance payment of €600.

• Advertisement

Whatever is in revenue will not include expenses, which is where a lot of the superintending money is made.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Trekky77

Hi, you'll have received both the expenses and payment together but only the payment will appear on revenue. Can I ask what you were supervising? Are they at the stage of paying JC superintendents now or is it LCA?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 star_123

Hi everyone,

Can anyone update as to when their form was received by the SEC and if you have received payment yet. My form was received on June 23rd but no sign of anything comin in this week on my revenue account,

On 5 July the SEC emailed to say they received the Form of Account for Superintendent. No payment yet.

Form posted to sec on 16th June, no email, paid last Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭galwayhooker

Form posted June 23rd - still not paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mnie21

Hi all, first time JC superintendent this year and glad to see there are people here waiting on outstanding payments too, as I was just about to ask if anyone else was.

I've marked for years and that's always been a palaver and a half waiting for payment for that, but I presumed superintendent wouldn't be quite as long to wait for some unknown reason. Clearly, I was wrong! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Also, is the centre appointment letter always sent out so late? I got notice with just a week to go to the exams. Crazy short notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mnie21

Oooh, and just like that - got paid overnight! Hello, SEC, and thanks! 😁

Sent my form in on 27 June. Got paid in full today, Friday 11 August, for superintending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Has anyone been paid yet for corrections (JC)?

I received an email 4 weeks ago saying they hoped to have everyone paid within 30 days.

Curious to know if anyone has been paid for correcting?

Advertisement