Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superintending 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Same here. I sent my stuff off on 28 June, the day I finished. 28 days later would have been 26 July, so it's 37 days today, 4 August.

That's really poor form on their part, to be honest. Was 'received' defined as 'when we opened it'? One year I didn't get paid until November (albeit for exam correction work, rather than for superintendent work) - and after most of the gross salary was taken in deductions. Curiously, that year we were charged the PRD/ASC and my net salary was 48%. This year we are not charged the ASC, and my net salary is still 48%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭chases0102

Still no sign, nothing on ros site either

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Alex86Eire

Sent in my form on the 23rd and no sign of any payment yet either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

When they say 28 days, I'm almost certain they mean working days from the date they received your claim.

• Advertisement

Still nothing coming up on Revenue's My Account in terms of future SEC payments. I notice, however, that only one of the two (for superintendent & marking) initial SEC payments deducted PRSI (both deducted USC). Why did one not?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

I got paid today. Finished up in the 20th - JC. But I have a funny feeling I’ve been seriously overpaid? Can’t see the payslip as it’s at my term address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

You'll get a payslip Monday. It would be odd if they overpaid you - they never do that!! You probably know this but mileage and expenses are not taxed so if you didn't factor that into your calculations that could explain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

......was sorted by end of july last year,will be paid next friday according to a call i made earlier this week, summers over by then, but at least i l know theres no problem with the claim!

• Advertisement

Last year the students had the results before I was paid. Imagine that LOL. You hand out a paper in June. Think of all the transit - it's sat by the student, given back to you, you post it to the SEC, the SEC send it to the corrector, in some cases it may even be sent to an advising examiner and then it is sent back to the SEC for results input. In all that time, nobody in payroll can process a payment.

With efficiency like that, it's quite remarkable that they manage to pull off the state exams each year at all

yeah,

generally I find the SEC quite efficient and they sorted me out with a payment issue last year,they seem to be under pressure this year though and have limited call times but are great when you get through....

I rang up SEC Financials today and they're currently working on my stuff, which they received on 29 June (15 August today). They said hopefully next Thursday or Friday it will be done and to email them next week to find out. The SEC Financials phoneline is open 4pm -5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Sir123

Still waiting as well and finished the same day as you Gaiscíoch. Hopefully it’ll be here next week as well. Emailed alright but might phone tomorrow. Thanks for info.

payment showed up for today on ros.ie but nothings come through so far.....edit, came through!!

Post edited by sandyxxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭galwayhooker

Where on ROS are people seeing their upcoming payment? I have looked for mine and can’t find it. Waiting now 37 working days since SEC received my form - absolutely ridiculous 😡 I have sent financial in SEC with a generic response from them.

I sent an email to union as well - they have received complaints also. This would happen in no other sector to be waiting this length of time to be paid for a job you worked for.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Look under 'Manage your Tax 2022' -on the left towards the bottom of the home page.

See 'Your jobs and pensions', SEC should be listed

Click 'View'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

As much as I'd like to be paid faster, I have nothing but sympathy for SEC staff, they're constantly putting out fires and not half enough people working there, I don't know how they don't all run for the hills. I'd say FINANCIAL section is the first pulled from when the goings get tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭galwayhooker

I’m definitely not blaming the staff - as we all well know it’s the people who are not at the top who take the blame. I’m just angry with those who run the SEC. I don’t think will bother doing superintending next year and will do summer camps instead. It’s just too long waiting to get paid when you are not paid during summer holidays. Bills don’t wait and have to be paid.

Exactly. Bills don't wait to be paid. I'm all out of sympathy too tbh. I'm sick to my teeth of being understanding about it all. There is absolutely no excuse for leaving people waiting for payment for as long as this. I'm 39 working days waiting on payment myself, but I've a friend who posted their claim form in on 23rd June. It is now 23rd August and they are still waiting to be paid.

I emailed the financial section today about it and I just got back a bog-standard reply. In the reply it reminded me that they were trying to process a high volume of payments (give me a break) and that they had agreed with the unions that they would do their best to process payments within 30 working days. Do their best? I'm sorry, but it's just not good enough. 9 additional working days might not seem like much time, but it's almost a fortnight really. The email from the financial section also told me that due to how busy they are, they will not be able to respond to me personally.

So that's it. They've not honoured the agreement they struck with the unions and they're too busy to contact me in person so I have to just wait. I've essentially just been asked to shut up and put up.

Absolute bananas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭smallgarden

I finished 27th and have been told I'll be getting paid this Friday so hopefully everyone else waiting gets paid on Friday too

Got paid today, 26 August. The SEC received my form on 29 June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭chases0102

Same as above

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

How do I stop getting notifications of this thread!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭Treppen

You have to write a letter to the department and wait 600 working days for no reply....

Or just hit the star at the top right of this page , I think.

I'm STILL WAITING TO BE PAID.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Layne

I would have thought that they would be almost done by now.

I am getting paid tomorrow. Finished on June 28th.

Had got my hopes up regarding what I was going to get paid. Some previous posters had suggested that travel and exam paper pickups were not taxable. I checked mine on revenue.ie and all I claimed for is being taxed 😕

I see what you mean on revenue, but the mileage and collections are supposed to be tax free. I think they are and they are not submitted to revenue maybe? I think that what you receive tomorrow might not match what appears on Revenue. Hopefully you will be less disappointed when you see your pay in the morning. Please come back and let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Layne

You were spot on Bananaleaf.

The pay I was expecting based on the revenue website was less than what I received which was a relief. So it looks like travel and collections were not taxable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Travel and subsistence has never been taxable, they are expenses.

Advertisement