Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MG ZS EV - 72.6kWh Facelift

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I'd like to hear of one or two landing on our shores. I'm mid Dec too, but have heard nothing so far.

I did email the dealer last week but got no reply. He could be on holidays or just knows nothing and is fed up with kicking the can down the road.

I would love to know if it was a few weeks away as I just got my insurance, and tax, and annual service due notifications 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭budhabob

I hear ya. Solar getting installed soon and will be moving electricity provider, when the car will arrive would help inform the best tariff to go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I was told there’s 2 on the way, one this month and one in July. I was actually phoning up to tell the dealer I’d consider taking any LR spec at this stage but he told me I don’t need to do that so taking it as a strong sign.

Two boats or two cars?

1 car a month is better than nothing, but just barely 🤣

Just got word I am getting my car in a boat that's arriving early to mid July.

Apparently there is an MG boat that's just arrived but they are mostly MG5s and the MZs are in the second batch.

• Advertisement

Positive noise if nothing else. Can we all have a spin when it arrives????

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Great news, if it holds true, but that is positive that you got a clear date.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭farrells

I've seen 2 so far in the wild, both different colours so I know its not the same car twice!

Was at the Linders \ Dublin EV Owners Club event on Sunday at Linders in Finglas. Was a nice experience, lots of different EVs, met some nice people and got some good information on charging & solar as well, only thing I couldn't get was any indication of when the car might come in, nobody has a clue, ordered at the start of January. Last communication i got from the dealer was middle of May, that they get about 6 weeks notice if any notice at all, most of the time cars just turn up! It really inspires confidence in a major car manufacturer.

I did get to take another test drive in the ZS again and remind myself why I'm waiting so long, I had forgotten how nice and quick it is to drive, and that sunroof is amazing when the sun is out!

Just looking forward again to getting it

• Advertisement

A few posts in the UK forum saying they got calls from dealers cancelling the orders after waiting months. Sickened if they start that messing. Cancel orders at the lower cost and then sell on more at the more expensive price.

Saw that alright. The benefit in Ireland is there's only 5 dealers, whereas a much bigger dispersed network and complicated factors with leasing etc.

I note a few of them refer to a contract, I only have a cover page with deposit, trade in and remaining. No detail on cancellations from either party.

Saw this today as well. It must be sickening for the people who have been waiting so long just to have the rug pulled from under them. I think I'd loose my mind.

As Budhabob said earlier, with less dealers here there is less chance of that happening......hopefully!

I was starting to hope a little as I was also reading of a good few people either getting orders or confirmed delivery dates too. I wonder am I just being naive in thinking that if they are comming into the UK then maybe a few might make their way to here as well, I mean they are all right hand drive?!

I don't know, in the past the obvious option was to send a big boat load to the UK, then a small boat to us.

But with Brexit, and the different model names (not sure if that is an actual issue) but it likely that they need to send a dedicated Irish batch to us. Either direct or through the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Been reading MG uk forum and stories about cancellations whereby customer receives a call to be informed that no car is now available

yeah but I'm hoping that is a rouge dealer and not MG. No matter how hard it is to build and ship, MG cancelling just makes no sense. The only thing I can think of would be the Trophy connect model is proving the most difficult to build and that they might stop making it and just go with the two models like here.

But even then they should offer to swap it to a different model and not lose their order altogether.

it does sound like it might be the dealer that messed up the grant, it was removed in December in the UK so that price went up £1500. If they didn't have the paperwork done in time now they are finding that cars are arriving and they are getting hit for the £1500. Since they only make 1500 on each sale that is a big hit.

They can cancel those orders, if the car arrives they can sell it at a premium, if it doesn't arrive they are not out of pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

That glass roof doesn't open does it?!

It's amazing how few new cars don't have a sunroof.

Half of it does. The front half is sunroof back half just glad ceiling.

Looks like the cancellation of the orders in the UK was a mix up. Manager calling them today saying they are not cancelled.

I've a feeling the change if direction was due to getting a call from MG and a lot of negative sentiment.

Turns out complaining on a forum is worth while 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭paulhardman

If Tesla deliveries are anything to go by, Irish cars are first landed in Zeebrugge and then sailed over to Dublin Port. They never touch the UK. My understanding is that if a car is landed in the UK it's gonna have to pay UK import tax, then Irish VRT, so it makes no sense to do so. I don't think there's a "just passing through!" exemption any more.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's made a right mess of things. I've been watching the boats from Zeebrugge alright.

There seems to be reasonable amount of LR stock coming into the UK the last week or so....I'm taking it as a positive sign.

Are MG bringing SR to Ireland? The brochure only indicated Long Range I think.

My dealer has mentioned the Standard Range is comming to Ireland as well, but as yet, nothing is comming in at all!

I got the call myself, my car is "on the way to the dealer". Not sure if that is on a boat or on a truck. But either way we will hold off picking up until July for the 222 plates.

Delighted to see movement, I'm even more delighted to see movement on my one :)

Ordered Mid December.

Absolutely thrilled to hear that!

I also really look forward to you giving all of us still waiting spin in it......??????

Reached out to Linders to see if our delivery schedule of October was still on target - they had no concern at this stage as they seem to be seeing a good amount of stock scheduled - still not fully confident but at least positive noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 HS99

I called in to Linders myself the other day to ask about mine ordered mid-Jan and they seemed fairly confident that October is still on the cards!

I won't hold my breath but it's great to hear that there are cars starting to arrive! 😁

Miles mentioned on the Podcast last night that the order book will be reopending in a few weeks. But they have scrapped the third spec'd model. The Trophy connect version (The one that was £500 more). And like here they will have just two.

They are also taking the sunroof away from the top-spec model. That is a big hit, one of the selling points for me was the glass roof and the light. As mentioned on the other forum this likely helps with mass production as they only need one chassis.

The only difference will really be the leather seats and a few sensors. Or a smaller battery option.

Ya, the glass roof is a big selling point for me I must say,I don't know would I go for the exclusive without it.

• Advertisement

At least it will help keep the value in mine as one of the limited few with the sunroof 😂

Advertisement