Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MG ZS EV - 72.6kWh Facelift

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭metroburgers

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭farrells

So had the car 6 months now and on just over 11,000 km and love every minute. I've been all over the country in it, Dublin to Kerry, Cork, Limerick, Sligo, Westport and not had a single issue with charging or getting charge. I do plan ahead, you have to. If a charger is occupied then I have a backup so no disappointments (hopefully that will last). The odd blip here and there when the acc is not available or the emergency call system unavailable but normally if you reboot the car its fine and it never stops me when I'm driving. The AEB has caught me out a few times but I've figured out it only freaks out when it thinks I'm too close to the car in front so I back off now and hasn't happened when I'm not as close so makes me a safer driver!

My first issue cropped up a few weeks ago, the led break lights on the rear tailgate (section that lifts up) had a fault on the driver side, 2 of the 3 lights were not working, I noticed it when I was in traffic and a bus was behind me, could see it in the windscreen of the bus. I gave the unit a slap and they came back on! but has happened again and got a photo of it. I've now emailed the dealer and waiting on service to get back to me to book the car in and get it replaced. Hopefully getting parts for this wont take too long as I've heard some have to be shipped from China! but at least I can still drive the car and its only minor.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭farrells

Got the car to the dealer 2 weeks ago and they checked and confirmed faulty, part was ordered in last week but was the wrong part (outer side instead of inner) so another part was sent over and I'm back on Friday to have it swapped out. 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I'm over the year now and also love it. Bar the issue with the charger killing the car until I disconnected the 12v (I've since had all the updates done so hopefully that's fixed it).

Been up and down the country and the range in the summer is easily well over 400km so that's a lot of driving. Very comfortable driving.

Was in looking at going up a year at the moment. Held off that week. Now I see a promotion to sell off the stuff in stock there is €1500 off.

Mad to think back to the waiting list of over a year and now you can walk in and buy one off the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Kalyke

• Advertisement

This is what the eZS App shows. The BMS one definitely updated but I'm not sure what any of it means.

Picking up my new MGZS next week. Had spent a while looking around but trade was only willing to give €21k trade in so that ruled out the Tesla and BYD etc.

MG gave me €35k. I've to add 6k and I'm Swapping the black for a red. But managed to get one of the few remaining with the sunroof.

Wasn't sure what to do but I paid 36,500 for it 14 months ago so 35,000 was too good to turn down with the used EV market being so wobbly.

This should see me through to the face lift expected in Jan 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭rdhma

'I was kidnapped by my runaway electric car' - BBC News

Well this is not exactly encouraging.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭finbarrk

That's for sure! Scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭k123456

The Autumn offer from MG , is it a genuine offer / discount

and separate question

Is the car charging on a timer, ie you plug the car in at 18:00 for example and the chrage occurs overnight, to avail of cheaper elec

I read somewhere else, the gen 1 version did not have this, is that true ?

• Advertisement

Offer is legit I got €1500 off my ZS a few days ago.

You can schedule the charging in the app. That's easy to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭zoom_cool

Is the app only available for the top spec models?

It's for all models. I think you can set it in the car too. But need to check, I never used it as I've a 24 hour rate so I just charge when it needs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭k123456

I had originally looked at the Atto 3, beginning to think the MG better value, the Atto3 prob a little nicer but not 5 to 6 k nicer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭obi604

Hi

when was the 72 battery launched here?

what was the lower size battery, think it was 44.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭Miscreant

2021 AFAIK. When I ordered a MG4 back in December 2022, the salesperson told me that he still had customers waiting on their orders of 72KWh ZS for over a year since launch.

You can tell them apart from the older model immediately anyway due to the face lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭obi604

is an easy way to recognise the facelift by the front grill. Old = kinda honeycomb. New = more a less solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Indeed.

Remember though that the newer model also had a 51KWh version. They were less popular than the 72KWh model but will still be out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭TheSunIsShining

Just spotted that the MG website has a €4k/€5k trade-in allowance offer gone up. Anyone know, by chance, if this is on top of the €2.5k discount?

I'd say it is new and they say it can't be combined with any other offer.

Still 5k off the ZS is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭TheSunIsShining

Is the ZS value with the 5k discount? In so far as anyone can be certain of anything right now on cars?

I've bought two so I think they are good 😊. If they are 42k and you get it for 37k with the discount it's a very good deal.

They are releasing a facelift version of it at the tail end of 2024 that will make it look a bit fancier. I'm planning to trade in for that once it is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gripcasey

I bought my MG ZS EV june 23. I discovered in November that it hadnt got the V2L function which was advertised when I ordered car. I contacted Frank Keane MG where I purchase car, whom informed me that MG had dropped that funtion from the car. But since I was waiting 18 months for it to be delivered MG agreed to replace the module under warranty . I had work done today and it is working a treat. Just in case anyone else in the same boat I beleive that anyone who purchased before July 23 and V2L is missing they will replace module under warranty.

I'm due to call them too so good to know. Seems like a few in the UK also reporting the same. It's the EVCC if the serial number starts with 114 it's the not working one, the replacement starts with 115.

Mad that they are saying MG dropped it when the infotainment unit still shows the feature to discharge.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gripcasey

Have to say that Frank Keanes where very helpful with the process. Gave me MG4 loaner for the day as well. Prefer ZS though.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭65535

So roughly what's the current lead time now for when you order to when in the showroom for a MG ZS EV - thanks

I think they are in stock, or at max 4-6 weeks. I got mine in October and they had a few. Just gave them a week to get it registered.

Advertisement